Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Officiating

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    What I meant was that the refs who work the finals have by NBA rule been the best graded refs over the season. So it kinda must be that Brothers graded out well and his screw ups were just bigger because I agree some of the most egregiously bad officiated games were officiated by Brothers.
    How many refs are going to ref the finals. I don't mind having the same 3 reffing. Maybe 6 at most and rotate everyone.

For me, limit replay to buzzer beater, was it a 2 or 3 (reviewed during timeouts like it is now) and flagrant calls. Nothing else is reviewable. Make the call on the court and stick with it.

Enforce moving screens. I donít care as much about travels, since most of them really arenít impacting the game that much. Itís usually more just guys getting lazy. Moving screens are an epidemic.

Like others have said, fix the way lean in fouls are called. If an offensive player initiates the contact by going outside of a ďnormalĒ basketball play, itís not a foul or itís offensive. I know this opens up some gray area on what constitutes a ďnormalĒ basketball play, but itís better than some of these lean in calls now.

The last one doesnít really impact the game at all, but get rid of the stupid 2 minute report. Officials have an almost impossible job now, whatís the point of publicly blasting them for missed calls. It does no good and just feeds the fan base of the losing team if they see a call that was missed.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    For me, limit replay to buzzer beater, was it a 2 or 3 (reviewed during timeouts like it is now) and flagrant calls. Nothing else is reviewable. Make the call on the court and stick with it.

Enforce moving screens. I donít care as much about travels, since most of them really arenít impacting the game that much. Itís usually more just guys getting lazy. Moving screens are an epidemic.

Like others have said, fix the way lean in fouls are called. If an offensive player initiates the contact by going outside of a ďnormalĒ basketball play, itís not a foul or itís offensive. I know this opens up some gray area on what constitutes a ďnormalĒ basketball play, but itís better than some of these lean in calls now.

The last one doesnít really impact the game at all, but get rid of the stupid 2 minute report. Officials have an almost impossible job now, whatís the point of publicly blasting them for missed calls. It does no good and just feeds the fan base of the losing team if they see a call that was missed.
    Most people don't realize that moving screens are legal. It's not the officiating that's the problem there it's the rule needs to be fixed.

I agree on the "normal play" thing ... when Curry put up a left handed 3 that's not normal, and when LeBron does a two handed swing around with the ball and jumps to his left to "shoot" it's not normal. The offensive players creating contact is easily the thing I find most annoying right now.

And I agree that they should get rid of the 2 minute report because it's misleading.

I'm on the other side of the fence. I think everything should be reviewable. I think it needs to be dialed back to the original video review that got everyone excited about the possibilities - tennis.

The refs on the floor shouldn't have any hand in reviewing the plays. Coaches get a certain number of reviews/game.
    Then everyone in the stadium or at he gets 2 angles of the play, but the decision comes straight from a central hub in new York or something where they tell the refs what the call is. This will help avoid the corruption/bribery issues I always feel when watching a game.

The main point is that tennis is clearly the best review system across all of the sports because it's instantaneous and above the referees ruling. It's the only sport where a video review is exciting for fans. Then you can get rid of the l2m reports because it's the coaches own fault if he didn't save his reviews for the end of the game.

You would have to tweak the rules a bit though to make them more decisive and clear.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829