Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Officiating

I don't think refs get enough credit. People just remember the bad calls. When you realize that the game has been changing very quick, you'll understand that bad calls are going to happen. It's simply more difficult to officiate a game today than before because the game is moving so quick. It's impossible to perfectly officiate games consistently when you have ten players on the court to watch at all times, then you have to worry about players constantly complaining. The only thing I'd like to see is better on-time decisions made by people who have a monitor to view these plays. There is no reason it should take 10000 replays to see who touched the ball last.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    I don't think refs get enough credit. People just remember the bad calls. When you realize that the game has been changing very quick, you'll understand that bad calls are going to happen. It's simply more difficult to officiate a game today than before because the game is moving so quick. It's impossible to perfectly officiate games consistently when you have ten players on the court to watch at all times, then you have to worry about players constantly complaining. The only thing I'd like to see is better on-time decisions made by people who have a monitor to view these plays. There is no reason it should take 10000 replays to see who touched the ball last.
    I think they should get rid of replay entirely. If you want to keep it for buzzer beater fine but that is it. Its a complete hinderance. I agree with you completely about refs missing calls. Its impossible not to and that used to be more understood. One thing I think the NBA needs to do is get rid of the idea that it is the refs job to "manage the game." I don't want to see calls to make up for bad calls or calls to "cool things down" etc. Just call the play you are watching, if you miss something fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    The speed of the game and the emphasis of what rules are enforced as a higher priority has caused the players to get a lot sloppier. The top official is looking at defenders hands and only look at feet when the shot goes up so traveling up top is very very rarely called, in the 80s the top officials called travels a lot more because the 3 was not as big a part of the game and hand checking was normal. What the NBA needs to do is add a 4th ref so they can split those responsibilities, and so the refs don't have to run as far or as fast to be in on the plays as they happen.

I agree on replay ... the replay studio in NY should be able to instantly text the verdict to the lead official. No need for them to go watch it at all, and they should be able to say "no foul" or "double foul" too rather than just determine the severity of the foul. Possession calls should be even easier.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718