Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    It's a shame you stopped reading. They have quotes from Kerr on rest. They talk about balancing preparation in there, they also talk about players appreciating that the rest heavy schedule will lengthen their careers and David West talks about the rest being a big part of why he didn't retire.

The Warriors have the best record in the NBA while having lost 33 starter games with "injuries" and you are still complaining. You need to understand that the regular season is not the point.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's a shame you stopped reading. They have quotes from Kerr on rest. They talk about balancing preparation in there, they also talk about players appreciating that the rest heavy schedule will lengthen their careers and David West talks about the rest being a big part of why he didn't retire.

The Warriors have the best record in the NBA while having lost 33 starter games with "injuries" and you are still complaining. You need to understand that the regular season is not the point.

I thought you said the laxed schedule for more rest was just a PR move?

anyway- I dont have a problem with a 37 year old sitting out some practices, or monitoring their minutes in a game so they are lower than a 27 yr old's.

Scoots, your gonna catch me in posts soon. Slow down.

thats why i put this in a separate post

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I thought you said the laxed schedule for more rest was just a PR move?

anyway- I dont have a problem with a 37 year old sitting out some practices, or monitoring their minutes in a game so they are lower than a 27 yr old's.
    I said the NBA rest rules were just PR because players are going to get days off regardless of the NBA rule. The teams, coaches, and trainers know too much to not give players rest ... at least the good ones do.

The rest practice lengthens careers, not just of old guys. The Spurs have been making Kawhi take rest games off since he was a 20 year old rookie.

Fatigue increases the chance of injury, injuries accumulate and shorten your career. Avoiding fatigue reduces injury which lengthens careers.
    MacLean's Law: Everywhere you go there will be a jerk. Corrolary: If you go somewhere by yourself you become a jerk.

I don't care where anyone chooses to go in free agency. I really don't. Yes, KD "broke" the NBA for a year or two, but I can't blame him for going to the team that fit what he wanted.

The worst part about the Warriors winning is that now I can't have an opinion without being a "homer" or a "hater". It used to be that dialogue had merit independent of accusations.

Scoots, your gonna catch me in posts soon. Slow down.

thats why i put this in a separate post
    Nah, I joined almost 2 years before you ... you are still ahead of me on pace and those are the stats that matter not simple counting stats.

I said the NBA rest rules were just PR because players are going to get days off regardless of the NBA rule. The teams, coaches, and trainers know too much to not give players rest ... at least the good ones do.

The rest practice lengthens careers, not just of old guys. The Spurs have been making Kawhi take rest games off since he was a 20 year old rookie.

Fatigue increases the chance of injury, injuries accumulate and shorten your career. Avoiding fatigue reduces injury which lengthens careers.
    on my way home from work, the celtics cavs game was on nba xm radio. I heard that Lebron james at 33 is leading the league in minutes per game and minutes played right now. My guess is that basically any player in the league would trade careers with lebron in a second.

on my way home from work, the celtics cavs game was on nba xm radio. I heard that Lebron james at 33 is leading the league in minutes per game and minutes played right now. My guess is that basically any player in the league would trade careers with lebron in a second.
    The big problem with that is that there has never been a player with the physical gifts LeBron has so that's a silly argument to make.

The big problem with that is that there has never been a player with the physical gifts LeBron has so that's a silly argument to make.
    he seems to push himself to the limits..... doesnt hurt him much. another player in history who pushed himself to his limits was Karl Malone..... how often was he sitting out?

he seems to push himself to the limits..... doesnt hurt him much. another player in history who pushed himself to his limits was Karl Malone..... how often was he sitting out?
    1. You can't compare different generations.
    2. There are freaks in every generation but they are the exception not the rule.

1. You can't compare different generations.
    2. There are freaks in every generation but they are the exception not the rule.
    LMAO- scoots you've done that too!!!!

LMAO- scoots you've done that too!!!!
    I tend to have lots of qualifications when doing so. Perhaps I should have said "you can't equate different generations".

I would be delighted if Kerr sat all of the starters for the Cavs. The Cavs are so acting like beating the Warriors is going to turn their season around, just pull the rug out from under them. It would be even better if the Warriors won anyhow.

I would be delighted if Kerr sat all of the starters for the Cavs. The Cavs are so acting like beating the Warriors is going to turn their season around, just pull the rug out from under them. It would be even better if the Warriors won anyhow.
    they haven't separated from Houston enough to start doing that.... besides with the denver loss, the bobcats loss, and the clippers loss- they have their allotment until march

Any news on the Bell injury?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Any news on the Bell injury?
    Yes. Bone bruise. They are going to rest him for 2 weeks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast