Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

2 50.00%
  • Saints

2 50.00%
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    It's a bit similar but this defense has much, much more talent and is playing with more of a swagger. I also think the overall chemistry and mood of the team is higher without Cutler. Mitchell brings hope and enthusiasm whereas Cutler brought disdain and indifference.

But yeah, 6-7 wins is about right, IMO. If they went .500 I'd be pleasantly surprised as long as Pace still replaces Fox after the season.
    I think those things are determined completely by how a team is playing at a time. During stretches where the team played well in Cutler's tenure, there was plenty of hope and enthusiasm. Even in 2015 when we finished with a bad record, I didn't feel like there was any kind of indifference. Right now, things are optimistic with Mitch cause he hasn't really given us a reason to doubt him yet, but on the off-chance he doesn't make any strides between now and say, a year from now, the feeling will change.

2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

Landry is going to cost a lot of money in the off-season. Why give up an asset for him? Especially when you already have a good, cost controlled slot receiver in Wright who they refuse to utilize.
    Landry can be franchise tagged, so just assuming he will be available is very risky. In fact, I would assume they do tag him as they have no FA anywhere near his value. So that means CHI very likely won't have a shot at Landry in the offseason.

I think if you can get an extension agreed upon Landry is worth 2nd rounder. That is basically what you would use to address the position next year anyways, so you aren't out the pick (in theory), just money. But money isn't an issue for CHI right now. This way CHI would get a known value and have him tied up for the next few years. Re-sign Meredith and this WR unit is off to a good start for next year.

I don't think this is likely, but maybe MIA would like an extra 2nd round pick next year to help a rebuild. CHI would be wise to kick the tires if he is available, but I would only trade for him if he agrees to an extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a given Landry gets tagged.

Giving up an asset (2nd rounder) AND a huge deal is not something I'd be comfortable with.

I don't think it's a given Landry gets tagged.

Giving up an asset (2nd rounder) AND a huge deal is not something I'd be comfortable with.
    What suggests Landry won't get tagged? They never even offered him a deal. I doubt they let him walk for nothing.

And most fans are advocating a big WR signing and a draft pick. I understand that CHI would be doing both of those for Landry alone, but he is also a true #1 that can catch 100 ball and have 1,200+ yds. Watkins is the next best (possible) FA option next year and he hasn't put up number like Landry in one season, let alone multiple.

I guess I would rather have a proven commodity in Landry than a lesser #1 and an unproven rookie.

Landry
    Meredith
    Wright
    White

That is a huge upgrade over this years group and well worth the investment in my opinion.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Personallymy offer for landry would be a 4th with potential for a 3rd (or additipnal picks to make it equal tp a 3rd like am additional 4th or 5th) pending if he resigns...... Output and so on.

It's a bit similar but this defense has much, much more talent and is playing with more of a swagger. I also think the overall chemistry and mood of the team is higher without Cutler. Mitchell brings hope and enthusiasm whereas Cutler brought disdain and indifference.

But yeah, 6-7 wins is about right, IMO. If they went .500 I'd be pleasantly surprised as long as Pace still replaces Fox after the season.
    I agree with this. The team just looked hopeless out there when he was on the field. I was starting to see the same with Glennon, so I'm glad the switch has been made sooner than later. People underestimate how much of an impact a QB can have on the whole organization. Whether Mitch becomes the franchise QB we strive for or not, he brings excitement to a position that's been dreadful forever and that's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    What suggests Landry won't get tagged? They never even offered him a deal. I doubt they let him walk for nothing.

And most fans are advocating a big WR signing and a draft pick. I understand that CHI would be doing both of those for Landry alone, but he is also a true #1 that can catch 100 ball and have 1,200+ yds. Watkins is the next best (possible) FA option next year and he hasn't put up number like Landry in one season, let alone multiple.

I guess I would rather have a proven commodity in Landry than a lesser #1 and an unproven rookie.

Landry
    Meredith
    Wright
    White

That is a huge upgrade over this years group and well worth the investment in my opinion.

It costs a lot of money to franchise a player for only 1 year of control. Can they tag him? Sure. Is it a given? No.

Who plays on the outside in your scenario? Meredith and White? Landry is a slot receiver and Wright is as well. Kind of pointless to include White on the depth chart also because he's been useless. Extremely wishful thinking that that changes next year.

I'd take Landry but not at the expense of paying him top dollar AND giving up a 2nd round pick. The FA WR class is not strong next year and guys are going to get overpaid big time. I'd rather avoid overpaying and giving up a premium pick.

Hopefully Inman shows something, Meredith comes back healthy, and the Bears draft a WR early in the draft (1st two rounds). A new coaching staff, a new RT, and another year of development from Trubs will also go a long way.

I meant Inman, not Wright. That was my fault.

So Meredith & Inman outside and Landry at slot.

And I don't love White, but I don't think he gets cut either, as CHI would only lose $$ and save nothing. I think he at least gets a chance to prove something. I counted him because I think he will be on the roster.

And if your plan is Meredith returning, Inman being a big impact, and a rookie - I would call that a big risk. I would rather spend the money and get a sure thing. If that means CHI trades a pick to secure the best WR option available (and secure an extension), I am fine with that.

Keep in mind I posted in another thread how Pace is hitting at 50% in the draft...and that is really good. Drafting a top WR prospect is far from a certain thing, unlike Landry. I think CHI is at the point where they need a sure thing for Trubisky and to take the next step forward.

I guess I feel at some point you go all-in on winning. Securing Landry for the next 4-5 years puts CHI one step closer to that. And I would part with a 2nd to secure Landry

I would like to see Pace sign another mid-tier WR along with a draft pick. Meredith, Inman, rookie, Wright, mid-tier FA, Gentry/McBride.

Obviously not great but I think good enough with a better offensive coaching staff and a better RT to hold up in protection. Obviously, if the rookie turned into a stud it looks much better.

Nice listen on bears defense and some on fuller on how I felt as well his time here

http://bears.vsporto.com/episode/269...-defense-gets/

No Inman today

https://twitter.com/BradBiggs/status/924660298316951552

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Brutal play Bryce

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    There’s 38 again
    Yeah he is reading and reacting faster than I've ever seen this year

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast