Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bears

2 50.00%
  • Saints

2 50.00%
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    And that statement you made is part of the problem. To assume watson is better at this point is part of the annoying problem. Remember when goff was a bust. Remember when alex smith was better than Rodgers cause he didn't play. Watson has been great but by no means is it all him. If you think mitch could not succede there with that type of help and play calling your dreaming. If you think watson would make this team better now your dreaming. Watsom would force paases to unopen players and not have the ability to get bailed out by guys making spectacular plays. Mitch has played against 3 of the toughest pass defenses with no line help or receivers of note. Yet he has not turned the ball over. Kept and kept us close.

Its people like you who upset me and make wild claims like watson is clearly better than Mitch. I have said it before and will say it again. Your comparing a seedling planted in fertile soil to one thrown on asphalt and expected to grow. Yea. One is going to look better earlier. But i fully expect by 4 years down the road. Your magical vocal oppinion of Watson over Mitch seems to silence itself when watson starts throwing picks and taking them out of games. Its really easy to talk now as watson is lighting it up. But wait for watson to have a bad game and you will be more quite then a pin drop. And i fully expect this to happen becaude as someone had pointed out. He is very high in % of throws that are comsidered poor. He forces alot of balls and i don't expect Hopkins to. Continue to bail him out.
    Mitch shouldnít be mentioned in the conversation with Watson anymore. I agree with you. Mitch isnít in Watsonís league. Itís unfair to compare Mitch to him now. Watson will only be conpared to the guys that in his league now. Wentz, Luck, Goff, Dak Etc. Heís in the conversation for the greatest young QB we have in the nfl now. Iíd take him over anyone in the league now. Wentz May be a little bit more accurate but Iíll take Watsonís elusiveness and play making abilities in and outside the pocket. Weíre watching greatness before our eyes. I canít remember a QB getting off to this kinda start in my life. I love watching him play. Heís must see tv 📺.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    And that statement you made is part of the problem. To assume watson is better at this point is part of the annoying problem. Remember when goff was a bust. Remember when alex smith was better than Rodgers cause he didn't play. Watson has been great but by no means is it all him. If you think mitch could not succede there with that type of help and play calling your dreaming. If you think watson would make this team better now your dreaming. Watsom would force paases to unopen players and not have the ability to get bailed out by guys making spectacular plays. Mitch has played against 3 of the toughest pass defenses with no line help or receivers of note. Yet he has not turned the ball over. Kept and kept us close.

Its people like you who upset me and make wild claims like watson is clearly better than Mitch. I have said it before and will say it again. Your comparing a seedling planted in fertile soil to one thrown on asphalt and expected to grow. Yea. One is going to look better earlier. But i fully expect by 4 years down the road. Your magical vocal oppinion of Watson over Mitch seems to silence itself when watson starts throwing picks and taking them out of games. Its really easy to talk now as watson is lighting it up. But wait for watson to have a bad game and you will be more quite then a pin drop. And i fully expect this to happen becaude as someone had pointed out. He is very high in % of throws that are comsidered poor. He forces alot of balls and i don't expect Hopkins to. Continue to bail him out.
    I clearly said in my post that even if Watson was on our team the way it is currently constructed, we wouldn't be winning either. 1 year of college play by Trubisky didn't give me any comfort for being a #2 overall pick. Watson has played on the highest stages in college so he was a sure bet to take IMO. Pace obviously felt different and took Trubisky, which is clearly the pick that will make Pace either sink or swim as the GM of the Bears.

And you keep trying to use Goff and Wentz in your point as to when they became "busts", but look at what they're doing now? Then again, look at the TEAM they have. They're built to succeed now. The Bears are clearly not. Pace NEEDS TO FIX THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL and needs to do it quick.

Like I said, time will tell on what they turn out to be in 4 years. Until then, face the facts that at this exact moment, Watson is the best rookie QB at this point in time.

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    **** that. He literally points at the back of the DB's knee as proof that the ball is on the ground; meanwhile, the ball is on Miller's chest 2 feet to the right. Un-****ing-believable. Just say "we got the call wrong" so we can all move on.

Jesus that was horrible. Still is a horrible call to make

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

It might be a ball that touched the ground but that fool cannot be talking about a football.

Pretty sure this happened because most of the betting money was on the Bears.
    Last edited by TForm; 11-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I think everyone can agree that Watson has performed better so far. So what?
    If he was in Chicago, his stats would most likely be pretty similar to Trubisky's right now.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Mitch shouldnít be mentioned in the conversation with Watson anymore. I agree with you. Mitch isnít in Watsonís league. Itís unfair to compare Mitch to him now. Watson will only be conpared to the guys that in his league now. Wentz, Luck, Goff, Dak Etc. Heís in the conversation for the greatest young QB we have in the nfl now. Iíd take him over anyone in the league now. Wentz May be a little bit more accurate but Iíll take Watsonís elusiveness and play making abilities in and outside the pocket. Weíre watching greatness before our eyes. I canít remember a QB getting off to this kinda start in my life. I love watching him play. Heís must see tv 📺.
    meh this is a pretty unfair statement to make. You mention Goff but he was absolutely terrible last year, far worse than Mitch has been this year.

Situation and context matters. Yes Mitch will probably always be compared to Watson but we need to see how they develop over the next few years. I get the excitement with Watson but let's not forget how people were thinking of RGIII after his first year. Things change quickly in the NFL.

If you believe Watson is always going to be this guy moving forward then that's your choice, but chances are you'll be disappointed once his numbers stabilize. There's only two players that have been able to maintain a TD% over 9% in the last 40 years for an entire season...Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning in the prime of their careers. The odds of him keeping this up with a 3.9 INT% are very slim.

I get that people are excited about the guy, but as many have already said, context is important here. Brian Hoyer put up 19/7 in a 9 game stretch with Houston 3 seasons ago and then he turned back into Brian Hoyer. I'm not suggesting that this will happen with Watson, but that people making sweeping statements about him should pump the brakes a little bit.

On the flip side, it's disappointing (though not surprising) to see people jump ship on Trubisky after only 4 games because of this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-01-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Watson vs. Trubisky

The topic isn't even ripe for debate and we've already beaten the hell out of it. Remember when Vince Young looked like he was gonna be the GOAT but was out of the league a few short years later? Or when Aaron Rodgers was a backup but then became the GOAT? Or when Alex Smith was an average, conservative QB but now suddenly, at age 33, is miraculously playing like he's Aaron Rodgers? Or when Theismann was the man, but then LT cleft him in twain? It's fun to speculate and opine, but anything beyond that is baseless. Their careers have spanned seven games or less.
    Last edited by Full-Size Ditka; 11-01-2017 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    Watson vs. Trubisky

The topic isn't even ripe for debate and we've already beaten the hell out of it. Remember when Vince Young looked like he was gonna be the GOAT but was out of the league a few short years later? Or when Aaron Rodgers was a backup but then became the GOAT? Or when Alex Smith was an average, conservative QB but now suddenly, at age 33, is miraculously playing like he's Aaron Rodgers? Or when Theismann was the man, but then LT cleft him in twain? It's fun to speculate and opine, but anything beyond that is baseless. Their careers have spanned seven games or less.
    Alex Smith is blowing my ****ing mind

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I picked him up in week 1 to back up Winston in my dynasty league due to their week 1 bye. Best. Wire. Pick. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Size Ditka View Post
    I picked him up in week 1 to back up Winston in my dynasty league due to their week 1 bye. Best. Wire. Pick. Ever.
    Different sport, but I picked Aaron Judge up as an undrafted FA this year. That was off the charts good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And now there's a whole section of Yankee's stadium dedicated to him. Crazy.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    There is so much that is odd about Houston right now. Rok playing like arguably the best QB in the leauge. Will fuller has caught 13 passes. And has 7 TDs. Thats a TD every other catch.

Maybe watson is that good. Maybe most of us are just stubborn. But its impossible for most if us to beleive a guy. We saw as a game manager type QB has just sudenly turned into an NFL super star who can't be stopped.

I mean he surely didn't look this great in pre season but now he seems like he is unstopable. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 LastLast