Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Win, lose, or tie? You decide.

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Only correct choice.

1 20.00%
  • Lose - Trap game, Wentz sucks, abandon ship.

2 40.00%
  • Tie - **** Sam

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Week 8 IGT: SF 0'fers @ Carson's House of Worship and *** Whoopins

Week 8
    @

Sunday, October 29th, 2017.
    Time: 12 PM CST because that's the only correct time zone.

VS

No time for pics and stats, just hit up google.

Click For More Stats

Sorry guys, I'm swamped. I will get this thing all nice and pretty later today or tomorrow morning. Duty calls.

While you wait, feel free to discuss.

Possible topics include:

NA, the best WR in the history of the NFL.

Did BDawk REALLY say he wanted Bradford over Wentz and that there was a Wentz/Goff in EVERY draft?

Why does koldjerky were BDawk pajamas?

Where is MacManus and the rest of the old school Egles forum posse?

Is surf older than 7?

The game.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 10-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Not capable? Please, I'm BDN homie..

Surf is definitely older than 7... He's like 9 or 10 I bet

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

The Eagles just had 2 night games, beating 2 playoff contenders. They are now the talk of the NFL. They are the #1 team in most of the polls.
    Intelligent people will be afraid of a letdown.
    It looks like there will be heavy rain and heavy winds on Sunday.

This'll be a nice game to experiment with the offensive line now that Jason peters is out. I'd put vatai on the left and see how he does. Put celek there if necessary and also move a running back over if necessary. They will need a decent game plan for that side when they face denver in 2 weeks

Your baby can't do this

The question should be, "Why doesn't everyone else wear BDAWK pj's like koldjerky does?"

I know this is the 49ers but it'll still be a test with no JP. SF doesn't cause many turnovers and/or create many sacks. In the 20s overall for both. So it SHOULD be a win regardless, but let's just hope this line stays intact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    This'll be a nice game to experiment with the offensive line now that Jason peters is out. I'd put vatai on the left and see how he does. Put celek there if necessary and also move a running back over if necessary. They will need a decent game plan for that side when they face denver in 2 weeks

I was originally typing how the defense is a night and day with SF this week and DEN next week but looked at it. Denver has only caused 4 turnovers to SF's 8 so far and 16 sacks compared to 49ers 14. Buckner and Thomas are young guys to watch on SF but aren't doing much yet and Von Miller is a beast for Denver but outside of that, their front isn't doing too much. Their secondary is good though.

So maybe these next couple weeks will be good for the Eagles to experiment with the line. Regardless of Denver right now, I'd definitely rather get a week under the belt with an oline test.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I was originally typing how the defense is a night and day with SF this week and DEN next week but looked at it. Denver has only caused 4 turnovers to SF's 8 so far and 16 sacks compared to 49ers 14. Buckner and Thomas are young guys to watch on SF but aren't doing much yet and Von Miller is a beast for Denver but outside of that, their front isn't doing too much. Their secondary is good though.

So maybe these next couple weeks will be good for the Eagles to experiment with the line. Regardless of Denver right now, I'd definitely rather get a week under the belt with an oline test.
    They may have to just keep celek on the side that von Miller lines up, their front 7 isn't doing much outside of him like you said. The pass rush might not be terribly different between the two teams (outside of the obvious von Miller) but their overall defense is different according to PFF denver is the 9th best defense and SF is #30 (Philadelphia is #13 just FYI). Will be 2 good games to experiment with the line, hopefully von Miller won't kill Carson Wentz

Your baby can't do this

They're a good run stopping team and passing defense. They just don't create turnovers or get to the QB. Still effective.

The Giants and Chargers don't have great olines and they fared quite well against them the last two weeks.

Don't want to focus on the Broncos right now though.

I think you have to put lane at left tackle no question

He's our most talented lineman. You don't just have celek block and take a receiver away without at least trying to have lane there

That's wentz blind side. Having a talented left tackle is better than a mediocre one and a tight end

1. Having an extra receiver gives wentz another outlet to get the ball out quicker

2. If you don't think vatai can handle right tackle why in the hell would you put him on the left with help? That's not how line play works

3. Lane is our best lineman. Better than peters. The only reason he wasn't our left tackle was because peters was also very talented and consistent so there was no point in shifting there. But if peters wasn't here you bet your butt lane would've been our left tackle

4. The most upside is with lane at left tackle. If lane is even 75% of his play at right tackle when moving to left then we have our starter at left tackle and we are safe on wentz blind side. If he's even 75%. If he's 100% we have dominance there.

5. You have to look towards the playoffs. People say we have games to experiment. Well put the guy with the most upside on wentz blind side so he can get acclimated there before the games REALLY start to matter. Not to mention. If vatai needs help blocking I'd rather him need help on the right side. Seriously.

I think people need to remember how talented lane Johnson is. It may seem like shifting him left causes more holes. But it doesn't. At all. He is so talented that he is guaranteed to do a much better job than vatai at left tackle. Will he be peters? Probably not,considering it's a mid season shift. But he's going to be better than vatai and that's absolutely vital on wentz.blindside

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    I think you have to put lane at left tackle no question

He's our most talented lineman. You don't just have celek block and take a receiver away without at least trying to have lane there

That's wentz blind side. Having a talented left tackle is better than a mediocre one and a tight end

1. Having an extra receiver gives wentz another outlet to get the ball out quicker

2. If you don't think vatai can handle right tackle why in the hell would you put him on the left with help? That's not how line play works

3. Lane is our best lineman. Better than peters. The only reason he wasn't our left tackle was because peters was also very talented and consistent so there was no point in shifting there. But if peters wasn't here you bet your butt lane would've been our left tackle

4. The most upside is with lane at left tackle. If lane is even 75% of his play at right tackle when moving to left then we have our starter at left tackle and we are safe on wentz blind side. If he's even 75%. If he's 100% we have dominance there.

5. You have to look towards the playoffs. People say we have games to experiment. Well put the guy with the most upside on wentz blind side so he can get acclimated there before the games REALLY start to matter. Not to mention. If vatai needs help blocking I'd rather him need help on the right side. Seriously.

I think people need to remember how talented lane Johnson is. It may seem like shifting him left causes more holes. But it doesn't. At all. He is so talented that he is guaranteed to do a much better job than vatai at left tackle. Will he be peters? Probably not,considering it's a mid season shift. But he's going to be better than vatai and that's absolutely vital on wentz.blindside
    The Eagles have already said that they are keeping lane Johnson at right tackle and vatai at left tackle. They'd prefer to make 1 move on the offensive line than to make 2 moves.

Lane Johnson said he's more comfortable there (like I said he plays much better at right tackle) and he doesn't have any reps at left tackle. Who knows, maybe during the bye week he will study the left tackle plays nonstop and come back from the bye playing LT.

Edit: link

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20171025.html

Last edited by jaydubb; 10-26-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Your baby can't do this

Here's another link: also brings up a good point that von Miller, Khalil mack and demarcus Lawrence will be playing against the right side of the offensive line so no need to switch vatai there to kill wentz

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/...offensive-line

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    The Eagles just had 2 night games, beating 2 playoff contenders. They are now the talk of the NFL. They are the #1 team in most of the polls.
    lol are you really gonna call for a letdown every week until it happens?

we dont get hype, we STAY hype!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    lol are you really gonna call for a letdown every week until it happens?

we dont get hype, we STAY hype!
    You know it bro.

#BirdGang #LakeShow #RedBirds

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    You know it bro.
    nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Id say the first like 25 minutes of the redskins game was a letdown enough.

Also if youre gonna call for a letdown every single week youre bound to be right eventually, doesnt take a genius to fear your team might lose a game.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast