Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 882
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    19,328
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Are the lights off?
    It wouldn't be fair if the lights are off

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,123
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    It wouldn't be fair if the lights are off

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    So then I’d be able to see that there was a black qb in the mix. So, by this threads standard, Cam.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    Russell Wilson's highest comp% by far in a season was during a season where Lynch missed the majority of it -- 2015. He's been better without Lynch. My argument after studying both players is that Prescott will turn up the same way without Elliott.
    Who cares about completion percentage? Seriously. You want to argue Wentz's numbers are inflated by bringing up scheme, but then highlight Wilson's completion percentage which is probably the most scheme based QB-stat of them all. Actual QB scouts will tell you how overrated it is. Most likely his completion percentage increased because instead of handing the ball off to Lynch for 4.6 yards per carry, they now utilized short passes to try and get the same result. Wilson attempted 152 passes on 1st down for 8.3 Y/A in 2013 and 196 passes for 7.8 Y/A in 2015. Unsurprisingly, Wilson's Y/A overall have been on a steady decline since 2015, as has Seattle's time of possession, from regularly finishing at the top of the league in average time per drive to 22nd in 2016, and 16th so far this season. Less ball control = more strain on the defense = less team success.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 10-26-2017 at 06:59 PM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    Russell Wilson's highest comp% by far in a season was during a season where Lynch missed the majority of it -- 2015. He's been better without Lynch. My argument after studying both players is that Prescott will turn up the same way without Elliott.



    I'm not talking about talent. I'm talking about scheme -- scheme has to do with how you utilize your talent. The Cowboys, especially last year, are a run-first team much like the Seahawks with Lynch.

    The Colts under Luck were pass-happy, the Eagles philosophy is more so balanced this year. But it's built more around the QB than the Cowboys offense. So Wentz and even more so Luck are going to have more opportunities to build up stats -- whether scrambles/pass attempts.



    Is Alex Smith better than Tom Brady? Who would say that? Of course, if there careers began Week 1, that'd be an actually debate. Most people would expect for Brady to finish the season stronger than Alex Smith because of body of work. Brady has proven to be more consistent. Well, I apply that thinking to every situation. Even with a limited body of work, Prescott has proven far more consistent than Wentz at this point in their careers. He's better. I have no idea why that is a difficult concept to digest, except that you just don't want it to be true.
    Your magic stat probably says it. Which you live by until it doesn't fit your agenda and you try and use all the stuff we tried to open your eyes to in the first place.

    This isn't ten years. It's 20 some weeks. Some guys get better, some don't. You're seeing a progression from a young player not a guy who is inconsistent because he came from 1aa. And you would argue this same thing if their skin color were flipped and everyone knows that.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    Is Alex Smith better than Tom Brady? Who would say that? Of course, if there careers began Week 1, that'd be an actually debate. Most people would expect for Brady to finish the season stronger than Alex Smith because of body of work. Brady has proven to be more consistent. Well, I apply that thinking to every situation. Even with a limited body of work, Prescott has proven far more consistent than Wentz at this point in their careers. He's better. I have no idea why that is a difficult concept to digest, except that you just don't want it to be true.
    It's been 1 1/2 seasons. To use your Brady/Smith comparison, what you're doing is saying it'd be dumb to compare Alex Smith and Brady this season and conclude Smith is better, but if you started with last season, you could make that claim.

    More importantly, what does your stat say about who has been better this season? Prescott or Wentz?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,175
    still with lionel?

    You guys are so 2015.

    rg3 kaep and Wilson are better than luck and now dak is better than wentz.

    get over it
    Last edited by basch152; 10-26-2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

    When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    121,992
    I finally skimmed through OP. it says he thought Wilson was the best QB blah blah. Not the same class but he argued Kap over Wilson for an eternity. Then Wilson was clearly better and he moved on.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's been 1 1/2 seasons. To use your Brady/Smith comparison, what you're doing is saying it'd be dumb to compare Alex Smith and Brady this season and conclude Smith is better, but if you started with last season, you could make that claim.

    More importantly, what does your stat say about who has been better this season? Prescott or Wentz?
    Here are my WAA projections based on the box numbers through week 7:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7-rexh/pubhtml

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,169
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    At this point in time I think it's very hard to argue that Dak is better than Wentz.
    Dak has actually had a good year. The team hasn’t but Dak has. Dak has an amazing year last year and this year Wentz is having an amazing year. Dak was as much in the MVP talk last night eat as Wentz is this year.

    Wentz is having a great year and the Eagles clearly got a winner. It’s going to be tough for him to beat out Brady. Again, not because Wentz isn’t playing great because he is. I think Brady could have a slightly worse year and win just in reputation. Especially if the Pats look strong going into the playoffs.

    It’s a long season and a lot of things can happen. We still don’t know how the loss of Jason Peters is going to effect Wentz and the rest of the offense. This could have as big an effect in the run game as it does in pass protection.

    Did the Cowboys figure out what was causing the problems in their run game? If they did and the Cowboys OL starts to gel and play like last year’s OL did and Zeke keeps running like he has since the 4th qt of the Packers game then Dak could get back to the level he played at last year. If he does and the Cowboys can get back in the playoff hunt you can believe he will get votes for the MVP (because he has been good all year long except for 1 game).

    Point is both appear to be legit franchise caliber QB’s. As of right now Wentz is having the better year.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In a crib
    Posts
    19,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    Here are my WAA projections based on the box numbers through week 7:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7-rexh/pubhtml
    Dak prescott is projected to be sacked only 18 times? Wow! Must be good to play qb for the cowboys

    Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

    Your baby can't do this

  11. #71
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    11,467
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Dak prescott is projected to be sacked only 18 times? Wow! Must be good to play qb for the cowboys
    That's solely because of Prescott's mobility, which unlike Wentz's doesn't come as a shocker. Lionel probably also had to increase Dak's Win Contribution number due to the Cowboys OL's suboptimal PFF ranking and the fact that Jason Garrett isn't considered for Coach of the Year this season yet. You just can't ignore objective evidence like that.

    Looks like Wentz just needs to get a couple rushing TDs and then he's definitely ahead of Prescott in that ranking, unless Lionel weighs fumbles a bit more strongly to counter that. After all, fumbles is a really important stat compared to fumbles lost, which can easily be ignored, especially since Prescott had more fumbles lost than Wentz in 2016.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 10-27-2017 at 04:13 AM.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    Here are my WAA projections based on the box numbers through week 7:

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...7-rexh/pubhtml
    These are projections for the rest of the season correct?

    What are the numbers for just what they've done thus far? Also, I notice you seem to be using total fumbles in your stat, you should be using fumbles lost shouldn't you?

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    23,792
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That's solely because of Prescott's mobility, which unlike Wentz's doesn't come as a shocker. Lionel probably also had to increase Dak's Win Contribution number due to the Cowboys OL's suboptimal PFF ranking and the fact that Jason Garrett isn't considered for Coach of the Year this season yet. You just can't ignore objective evidence like that.

    Looks like Wentz just needs to get a couple rushing TDs and then he's definitely ahead of Prescott in that ranking, unless Lionel weighs fumbles a bit more strongly to counter that. After all, fumbles is a really important stat compared to fumbles lost, which can easily be ignored, especially since Prescott had more fumbles lost than Wentz in 2016.
    I saw this as well. Very odd to use fumbles and not fumbles lost. If you're going to weigh a fumble that your team recovers the same as a lost fumble you should be weighing interceptions the same as an incompletion.

    In reality, you should be using fumbles lost, not simply fumbles.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    71,123
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    These are projections for the rest of the season correct?

    What are the numbers for just what they've done thus far? Also, I notice you seem to be using total fumbles in your stat, you should be using fumbles lost shouldn't you?
    No, because that hurts the agenda.

    The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS


    #15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    hoosierland
    Posts
    8,793
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I finally skimmed through OP. it says he thought Wilson was the best QB blah blah. Not the same class but he argued Kap over Wilson for an eternity. Then Wilson was clearly better and he moved on.
    I know that's wasn't me cause even tho I argued for Kap being much better than Gabby and every freaking backup on every team, I never thought he was batter than Russell overall and I hate his team more than any other

    He loss his marbles by making such an argument


    Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •