Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Yeah what a story that would be. He's gotta grow 3 inches first..lol..dont think that's gonna happen. I'll definitely check him out in college though.
    I donít see anyway the Cowboys donít draft him in 3 years. He could end up being the suckiest player in college football history and heís still getting drafted by the Cowboys. I could be wrong but I think heís going to be the 1st person ever drafted by his grandfather/dad.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    I'm gonna go over what I said about Stafford though, let's see if you elect to ignore it again.

so throughout Staffords entire career, he has never once had a good oline, and he had a decent run game 1 year, every other year he had an awful run game.

because of this, teams usually rush only 4 players, and drop back 6-7 because with a bad oline, they can still get pressure with 4, and the lions have no run game to worry about, so they can drop 6 or 7 back in coverage.

this means Stafford usually has no time to let routes fully develop, and nmo team is ever going to bite on play action, meaning it's all on Stafford to make a play.

being straight honest, only someone who has never watched a game, or someone whjo has but is a complete ****ing moron would think Stafford is a system QB.

you understand his strength is his deep ball right?

like the fact that you think Stafford is a system QB only tells me you don't actually watch games, and likely have VERY limited actual football IQ.
    You can watch all that you want. If you don't know what you're watching it won't make a difference in your arguments.

When Jim Bob Cooter took over, RB Riddick's targets nearly doubled, Tate is utilized in the bubble route more frequently, quick slants, check downs. Get the ball out quick to the playmakers, let them pick up the hard yardage. That's much easier than throwing the ball downfield in small windows, right? The system is more about the play makers in other skilled positions. QB's in a short passing scheme may end up with more pass attempts but do not play as large a role in the plays execution than a QB that "airs it out" or scrambles for first downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I donít see anyway the Cowboys donít draft him in 3 years. He could end up being the suckiest player in college football history and heís still getting drafted by the Cowboys. I could be wrong but I think heís going to be the 1st person ever drafted by his grandfather/dad.
    Yeah the more he sucks the better chance he has of becoming a cowboy. UDFA would probably be ideal. And if I owned a team and my kid or grandkid was the most prolific qb in Texas hs history I'd have him on my draft board already..lol..its a extremely interesting situation . And even though he's small for the NFL it's not like sub 6 foot players havnt shredded college football before. If he has Dough Flutie skills it's gonna get more interesting.

Yeah the more he sucks the better chance he has of becoming a cowboy. UDFA would probably be ideal. And if I owned a team and my kid or grandkid was the most prolific qb in Texas hs history I'd have him on my draft board already..lol..its a extremely interesting situation . And even though he's small for the NFL it's not like sub 6 foot players havnt shredded college football before. If he has Dough Flutie skills it's gonna get more interesting.
    If he actually does want to play in the NFL heís going to have to switch positions. He might be able to be a Cole Beasley or Ryan Switzer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel20 View Post
    You can watch all that you want. If you don't know what you're watching it won't make a difference in your arguments.

When Jim Bob Cooter took over, RB Riddick's targets nearly doubled, Tate is utilized in the bubble route more frequently, quick slants, check downs. Get the ball out quick to the playmakers, let them pick up the hard yardage. That's much easier than throwing the ball downfield in small windows, right? The system is more about the play makers in other skilled positions. QB's in a short passing scheme may end up with more pass attempts but do not play as large a role in the plays execution than a QB that "airs it out" or scrambles for first downs.
    your football IQ is a goddamn joke. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Dak airs it out and misses his target by 10 yards and runs for his life therefore he must be the greatest of all time guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Dak airs it out and misses his target by 10 yards and runs for his life therefore he must be the greatest of all time guys.
    I see absolutely no issues with Daks accuracy. It was more of a mechanics issue this year probably from all the pressure he got. Like I said above only 3 quarterbacks had more pressures when dropping back. One thing I like about this year is he faced a ton of adversity. Besides Zeke you had injuries and issues on the o line. Offense puts up over 30 in 3 straight games and they lose all 3. Issues with Dez issues with Witten getting old pretty fast issues with drops from all the WR including 4 passes that bounced off guys hands and ended up being pick 6.

That's a lot for a sophomore player...yet he had a better year then a lot of more experinced players who were drafted way way higher.

I think the worse thing for a QB could be losing faith in you o line or WR. Dak had that happen with both.

I'll give Lionel some ammo..

Only 3 quarterbacks had more pressures when dropping back then Dal.

I didn't even know that was a stat. Lots of people put stats up against the blitz but pressures seem like a more accurate guide because it's counted as a blitz even if it doesn't get there. A team can rush 7 and even if it's blocked and the qb gets 3 seconds to throw it's still a blitz.

I think Wentz was near the top qb rating against blitz and pressure however.
    Pressure is what a lot of NFL guys look at over sack/blitz/etc. you donít have to take the QB down to effect a play.

The thing I question with Dak is the time to pressure.

Like Ben ends up high in pressures every year, but thatís not because the OL is bad, but rather Ben likes to hold the ball. I havenít seen enough of Dak to know, but the little Iíve seen I gather we might be looking at a similar case.

This is a case where about 3-4 different stats together would have made a better picture.

PROCESSING

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Pressure is what a lot of NFL guys look at over sack/blitz/etc. you donít have to take the QB down to effect a play.

Like Ben ends up high in pressures every year, but thatís not because the OL is bad, but rather Ben likes to hold the ball. I havenít seen enough of Dak to know, but the little Iíve seen I gather we might be looking at a similar case.

This is a case where about 3-4 different stats together would have made a better picture.
    Dallas has had a combination of issues on offense . Sometimes lack of separation results in holding the ball too long and that results in pressure. If you look at the only td from the eagle game it was all out Blitz. Dak got completely smashed but Butler had separation and Dak delivered a strike but without separation it doesn't happen.

I think the worse thing for a QB could be losing faith in you o line or WR. Dak had that happen with both.
    I actually agree with this ^^

Wentz was in that exact same spot last year. Lane Johnson missing 10 games obviously hurt, but the rest of the offensive line kept getting banged up too and every week there was a new line it seemed. In addition, the eagles had the most drops in the nfl that year if I remember correctly.. Wentz didn't trust his line or receivers which lead to forcing things and poor mechanics. Dak should do the same thing that Wentz did this offseason which was spend a couple weeks together in the offseason to just spend quality time with them and also play some football just to get more familiar with where they want the ball thrown to them and how. Wentz also went and saw a QB guru on his mechanics which probably helped as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Exactly ^^

At times, a quarterback pressure could be much better than a sack. Quarterbacks tends to hurry their throws when pressured and if you are hurrying your throw, the likelihood that it is intercepted goes up quite a bit.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I actually agree with this ^^

Wentz was in that exact same spot last year. Lane Johnson missing 10 games obviously hurt, but the rest of the offensive line kept getting banged up too and every week there was a new line it seemed. In addition, the eagles had the most drops in the nfl that year if I remember correctly.. Wentz didn't trust his line or receivers which lead to forcing things and poor mechanics. Dak should do the same thing that Wentz did this offseason which was spend a couple weeks together in the offseason to just spend quality time with them and also play some football just to get more familiar with where they want the ball thrown to them and how. Wentz also went and saw a QB guru on his mechanics which probably helped as well.

First Dallas needs to do what philly did and overhaul the WR corpse. Its so bad Brice Butler has publically said if he's not a starter he doesn't want to return. And the way he said it was kind of like...i know I'm not a starter everywhere but I should be here. And I agree. He's the only guy who made plays yet Zeke had more targets even after missing 6 games.

Dallas has a bad habit of trying to justify contracts. T Williams was re signed last year but he stinks yet he just gets automatically penciled in at wr2 every week.

First Dallas needs to do what philly did and overhaul the WR corpse. Its so bad Brice Butler has publically said if he's not a starter he doesn't want to return. And the way he said it was kind of like...i know I'm not a starter everywhere but I should be here. And I agree. He's the only guy who made plays yet Zeke had more targets even after missing 6 games.

Dallas has a bad habit of trying to justify contracts. T Williams was re signed last year but he stinks yet he just gets automatically penciled in at wr2 every week.
    The thought that Philly "overhauled the wr group" is flawed tbh.. I mean, they brought in two guys, alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith. Alshon Jeffery has actually put up a pretty similar year to what Jordan Matthews did last year in Philadelphia and Torrey Smith has been unproductive in his time as an eagle outside of being a deep threat that safeties have to respect.. Most Eagles fans couldn't care less if Torrey Smith left this offseason. Actually, a lot of fans were also talking about not resigning AJ before he actually signed his 4 year extension because we thought he'd be too expensive based on reputation compared to his actual on field value.

Your baby can't do this

They traded Mathews brought in Smith and Jefferies and don't forget NA had 1 foot out the door until he stepped his game up. At the end of last season they seemed totally ready to have 3 new starting WR

In fact the whole offense got a ...face lift at the least . Running game, o line, WR all improved