Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Scott : With the Mets making every possible roster move to banish the newly sculpted Dominic Smith to Vegas where he has already proven he can rake (and get himself out of shape), if you were running a rebuilding team would you be aggressive and make them an offer they canít refuse?

Keith Law: Yes. I think heís an obvious guy to target.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets will not trade him, Sandy called him the first baseman of the future and he will be here this year, probably sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Dom ainít going nowhere.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

The Mets aren't trying to banish Smith. They're trying to make sure if Smith duplicates his awful debut, they have insurance. Time is money. Doesn't bode well for the small market Mets to have a future asset stinking up the field and continuing to run his service time clock.
    "We're snakebitten, baby." --Fred Wilpon

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    The Mets aren't trying to banish Smith. They're trying to make sure if Smith duplicates his awful debut, they have insurance. Time is money. Doesn't bode well for the small market Mets to have a future asset stinking up the field and continuing to run his service time clock.
    They have insurance. Its Wilmer Flores. At this point, you have to like his bat a lot more than A-Gon's. I understand he isn't the best defender at any position but i'm not sold on Gonzalez's defense either.

Evans was re-signed by the Mets, and he is to start the season at AAA Vegas.

Not many t and have open spots and the ones they have they would use it on guys better than Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Scott : With the Mets making every possible roster move to banish the newly sculpted Dominic Smith to Vegas where he has already proven he can rake (and get himself out of shape), if you were running a rebuilding team would you be aggressive and make them an offer they canít refuse?

Keith Law: Yes. I think heís an obvious guy to target.
    I wouldn't be against trading Smith if someone gives us an offer "we can't refuse". IDK what that offer looks like though with regard to this context. Like what does Keith Law and others think this type of deal looks like?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They have insurance. Its Wilmer Flores. At this point, you have to like his bat a lot more than A-Gon's. I understand he isn't the best defender at any position but i'm not sold on Gonzalez's defense either.
    I look at Flores as our utility infielder, not insurance at 1B. He'll almost definitely be a defensive liability at 1B and his bat doesn't really play there against righties. And if Dom tanks and Flores is forced into the everyday 1B role, our infield depth becomes pretty awful.

I look at Flores as our utility infielder, not insurance at 1B. He'll almost definitely be a defensive liability at 1B and his bat doesn't really play there against righties. And if Dom tanks and Flores is forced into the everyday 1B role, our infield depth becomes pretty awful.
    You'll get better offense out of Flores than A-Gon in all likelihood. Flores held his own against RHP last year as well. I think he could do a better job at 1st with more experience than he could at 2nd or 3rd base where his footwork is awful and his arm has no accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rae View Post
    Evans was re-signed by the Mets, and he is to start the season at AAA Vegas.
    One more year left in that hell hole.

Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I wouldn't be against trading Smith if someone gives us an offer "we can't refuse". IDK what that offer looks like though with regard to this context. Like what does Keith Law and others think this type of deal looks like?
    You're not getting much for a first baseman who has a "good" ML ceiling. Those guys grow on trees. I like Smith but there is a possibility he's a Josh Bell type with less pop but a better average. It's not overly fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You're not getting much for a first baseman who has a "good" ML ceiling. Those guys grow on trees. I like Smith but there is a possibility he's a Josh Bell type with less pop but a better average. It's not overly fantastic.
    This sums up why I never quite understood the fascination with Smith. He just doesn't seem to have consistent 30 HR power in him and he doesn't walk much...I just don't see the scenario in which he becomes an All-Star. The ceiling seems to be a 3-win player, while the floor is...well, probably a sub-zero win player.

This sums up why I never quite understood the fascination with Smith. He just doesn't seem to have consistent 30 HR power in him and he doesn't walk much...I just don't see the scenario in which he becomes an All-Star. The ceiling seems to be a 3-win player, while the floor is...well, probably a sub-zero win player.
    I think there is optimism that he could be a .310/.380/.500 guy with close to 30 bombs at his apex. It's not eye popping but if you can get consistent numbers out of him close to that and he's still cost controlled, he becomes an asset.

Hard to know what his ceiling is though. He may outplay what a lot of people have him pegged as. Only time will tell. That said, I'll take a 3 WAR 1st baseman any day of the week.

I think heís production could be Freddie Freeman before his last 2 years.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast