Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Today's loss will be sponsored by the absolute dog **** Mets offense.
    Today's offense scored enough to win the game. But Mickey's inability to do something so simple as to put his batters up in the correct order cost them the run they needed to win the game.

Impossible to even fathom.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Today's offense scored enough to win the game. But Mickey's inability to do something so simple as to put his batters up in the correct order cost them the run they needed to win the game.

Impossible to even fathom.
    Yes it was boneheaded mistake for sure, but no, scoring 1 run is not enough runs to win any game, period.

Guillorme recalled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PackersFan33 View Post
    Yes it was boneheaded mistake for sure, but no, scoring 1 run is not enough runs to win any game, period.
    It's really first grade math, actually. The boneheaded mistake cost them 1 run. They scored what would have been a second run later in the game. At the end of nine innings, had it not been for the boneheaded mistake the game would have ended 2-1 in the Mets favor.

See, 1+1 = 2 and 2 >1.

Pretty sure we all learned that in the first grade if not earlier. I'm thinking probably earlier, yeah.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

It's really first grade math, actually. The boneheaded mistake cost them 1 run. They scored what would have been a second run later in the game. At the end of nine innings, had it not been for the boneheaded mistake the game would have ended 2-1 in the Mets favor.

See, 1+1 = 2 and 2 >1.

Pretty sure we all learned that in the first grade if not earlier. I'm thinking probably earlier, yeah.
    I don't understand what you mean. Cabrera was on second and Bruce was still batting with two outs. How do we know that Cabrera would have scored?

I think you have a problem with logic too. One run is enough to win any game in which you simultaneously yield no runs to the opposition.

All of this reminds me of a famous doubleheader the Mets played against the Pirates in September 1969. In both games, Met starters Jerry Koosman and Don Cardwell pitched complete game shutouts and in both games, Koosman and Cardwell knocked in their games only runs. The result was a doubleheader sweep in which both games were won by identical 1-0 scores.

You could look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Cabrera was on second and Bruce was still batting with two outs. How do we know that Cabrera would have scored?
    I didnt see the game so correct me if I'm wrong. I thought they had scored a run but it was taken off of the scoreboard when it was revealed they batted out of order.

I didnt see the game so correct me if I'm wrong. I thought they had scored a run but it was taken off of the scoreboard when it was revealed they batted out of order.
    I also didn't see the game I was tracking via gamecast, so all I saw was that Cabrera's hit was taken away and Bruce was charged with a ground out to the C.

I think you have a problem with logic too. One run is enough to win any game in which you simultaneously yield no runs to the opposition.

All of this reminds me of a famous doubleheader the Mets played against the Pirates in September 1969. In both games, Met starters Jerry Koosman and Don Cardwell pitched complete game shutouts and in both games, Koosman and Cardwell knocked in their games only runs. The result was a doubleheader sweep in which both games were won by identical 1-0 scores.

You could look it up.
    I get what you're saying, but you're taking 2 games from almost 50 years ago to prove a point. Theoretically yes 1 run is enough to win every game if you're pitching shutouts every single game. But we don't live in a magical world where that happens. 1 run is not enough to count on to win any game in professional baseball. Did Mickey **** up? ABSOLUTELY. Should he get fire for what has transpired this season? Of course not, c'mon man. The team as currently constructed is straight trash. That's not Mickey's fault. No manager is baseball can win with this group of **** players.

No, Cabby got a hit, then they called an out because he hit out of order. Bruce never got a chance to hit. (Weirdly, the next batter in that situation is given the out, so Bruce didn't get to lead off the next inning, either)

2018 NY Mets Minor League and Prospect Thread

Wrong thread!

Repost: Guillorme recalled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-09-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

I get what you're saying, but you're taking 2 games from almost 50 years ago to prove a point. Theoretically yes 1 run is enough to win every game if you're pitching shutouts every single game. But we don't live in a magical world where that happens. 1 run is not enough to count on to win any game in professional baseball. Did Mickey **** up? ABSOLUTELY. Should he get fire for what has transpired this season? Of course not, c'mon man. The team as currently constructed is straight trash. That's not Mickey's fault. No manager is baseball can win with this group of **** players.
    Im kinda inclined to agree with u here

Im kinda inclined to agree with u here
    lol thanks

Baseball America@BaseballAmerica
    10m10 minutes ago
    More
    While the Mets are known for their power pitching at the major league level, theres been no team that has drafted a higher percentage of hitters in the top five rounds since 2013 than #LGM

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Just shows how terrible we are at drafting since none are making much of an impact at the MLB level... Nimmo has been the best but they are too dumb to play him...

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast