Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade n Fade View Post
    He did help bring a title to Boston though. Takes decent management to build a roster capable of winning a cup.
    The core of the 2011 Stanley Cup team was there before Chairelli

After watching them lose to the Wings... its apparent this is team is slow. Yamamoto sent down today too. One of their only wingers that creates anything. Not sure what the answer is here.

The Lost Boys of PSD

He seems like a terrible GM.

I seems like he inherited most of the Boston team and he got lucky with McDavid.

I really only followed his moves from his trades with the Islanders, but both were hilariously bad trades for Edmonton. I really don't know what he was thinking on either trade.

Speaking of which... Isles vs Oilers tonight.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 11-07-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    After watching them lose to the Wings... its apparent this is team is slow. Yamamoto sent down today too. One of their only wingers that creates anything. Not sure what the answer is here.
    They could've had Vanek for cheap this off-season, and probably another couple wingers with some speed to kill. Heck, they could've added Chimera in the trade for Strome.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    They could've had Vanek for cheap this off-season, and probably another couple wingers with some speed to kill. Heck, they could've added Chimera in the trade for Strome.
    I wouldn't have minded that lol. Chimera is taking Ho-Sang's roster spot right now and it's ********.

But trust me... Chimera probably wouldn't be making much of a difference for them. His age is really starting to show.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

The Oilers are very slow overall. To go along with too much hype and a goalie that probably played above his head.

Too many guys try to do everything themselves. Especially Nurse. That guy is the most annoying to watch by far. Why the hell does he think hes good enough to jump in the play every two seconds and tries to do everything himself while hes at it.

Not sure Vanek would fit in all that great. Too inconsistent and lazy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by One Nut Kruk View Post
    The Oilers are very slow overall. To go along with too much hype and a goalie that probably played above his head.

Too many guys try to do everything themselves. Especially Nurse. That guy is the most annoying to watch by far. Why the hell does he think hes good enough to jump in the play every two seconds and tries to do everything himself while hes at it.

Not sure Vanek would fit in all that great. Too inconsistent and lazy at times.
    They have to, outside of McDavid and Draisaiti, their forwards are trash.

Slow, sounds exactly like a PC built team

Soooo happy he's no longer our GM. He tried to keep that 2011 Cup team together for so long that it hurt us and Sweeney is still trying to fix his mess.
    Carlo / McAvoy / Bjork / DeBrusk
    "The Next Generation"

Edmonton is still too Jekyll and Hyde since they can get a huge W vs a VGK and then lose to a Buffalo. Had a good game vs Toronto, but then Russell happened and they didn't even walk away with a point.

I think their D was hurt most of year but as others mentioned they are slow. That Lucic signing looks worse everyday. I hope they turn it around as I believe there better then their record.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

Seems like the better thing to do is to trade off guys who don't have a long-term future in Alberta: Maroon, Russell, Lucic, Strome, Slepyshev, and Letestu. Gotta create cap space to go get another D like Doughty/Karlsson and stock up for the future. Dahlin would be a huge superstar for Edmonton.

they need depth, should have gotten a 2-3 players for Hall rather than a 1for1

Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    they need depth, should have gotten a 2-3 players for Hall rather than a 1for1
    It will take a miracle for a new GM to trade Lucic, Russell, and others while getting back pieces to rebuild for the future. Only guys worth a damn long term are McDavid, Pujallarvi, Draisaitl, Nurse, Talbot, Kailer. With a Dahlin pick, there is your major building block on D. They say he could be like Erik Karlsson.

Chiarelli is a moron and it will take a lot to fix his mistakes.

Chiarelli is a tire-fire GM. Always has been. He won a cup in Boston, sure, but that was more about falling *** backward into it and he's still riding the reputation he got from those great Bruins teams. He's made some awful trades as the Oilers GM and hasn't addressed the real needs of that team. You can't look at his trade history and believe he's competent. He brought in Talbot, which was a nice move but if Talbot isn't standing on his head, that team is in trouble. They lack depth. Take away that Leon/Mcdavid combo and there's nothing. You can't run 3 lines out there who are hopeless. And if you do, you'd better have a damn good defense, which they also don't have. They have huge holes, they need a Chara, Doughty, Weber etc and 2 legit forward lines. I feel bad for Mcdavid because that team is going nowhere. Talbot masked a lot of issues last year and now that he's not, you can see what they really are. A one man team with a few other nice pieces and nothing else.

Chia built a bad team around a couple terrific players.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast