Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    71,597

    Your Top 10 Songs

    Like I did in the entertainment thread for movies, forget genre, influence, etc.

    If you have 10-ish songs to listen to forever, what are they going to be?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,968
    I'm terrible at this stuff but I'd go with...

    Bad Company - Shooting Star
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    Bayside - Blame it on Bad Luck
    Less Than Jake - All My Best Friends are Metal Heads
    Brand New - The Quiet Things that noone ever knows
    Saves the Day - At Your Funeral
    Against Me! - Pints of Guiness makes you stronger
    Streetlight Manifesto - Point/Counterpoint
    Dropkick Murphy's - The Dirty Glass
    The Impossibles - Eightball
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,792
    I hate these things because I list 10 and then the next 5 people who post will think of songs I wish I had.....most of these I've listened to wayyyyy too many times, but they're the only songs that I never get sick of no matter how many times I listen to them, so I'm going with that approach since I have to listen to them forever, as opposed to just what I think are the ten best songs:

    Hendrix - Little Wing
    Metallica - Orion
    Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page
    Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Coltrane/Ellington - In a Sentimental Mood (nothing makes me miss NY more than this song)
    Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
    Tool - ∆nema
    Jose Gonzalez - Down the Line
    Pearl Jam - Release......or Rearviewmirror......or Yellow Ledbetter.....or Sirens......no wait Elderly Woman.....****
    Rage Against the Machine - Sleep Now In the Fire
    Radiohead - ......**** I'm at 10 already DAMN YOU HAWKEYE! I didn't even get to Puscifer.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    35,968
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I hate these things because I list 10 and then the next 5 people who post will think of songs I wish I had.....most of these I've listened to wayyyyy too many times, but they're the only songs that I never get sick of no matter how many times I listen to them, so I'm going with that approach since I have to listen to them forever, as opposed to just what I think are the ten best songs:

    Hendrix - Little Wing
    Metallica - Orion
    Mumford & Sons - White Blank Page
    Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Coltrane/Ellington - In a Sentimental Mood (nothing makes me miss NY more than this song)
    Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five
    Tool - ∆nema
    Jose Gonzalez - Down the Line
    Pearl Jam - Release......or Rearviewmirror......or Yellow Ledbetter.....or Sirens......no wait Elderly Woman.....****
    Rage Against the Machine - Sleep Now In the Fire
    Radiohead - ......**** I'm at 10 already DAMN YOU HAWKEYE! I didn't even get to Puscifer.
    Exactly... I forgot about Rage and the Beatles.

    I just went and looked at my Spotify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,792
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Exactly... I forgot about Rage and the Beatles.

    I just went and looked at my Spotify.
    Ha I went through my Spotify miscellaneous playlist to do most of it. Wish Tool would get on there....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,116
    I'd have to thumb through my iTunes library at home to put my best answer forward here. Will not be easy narrowing it down to 10 (and will in no way be definitive).

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,256
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd have to thumb through my iTunes library at home to put my best answer forward here. Will not be easy narrowing it down to 10 (and will in no way be definitive).
    ^^^^

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    25,204
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd have to thumb through my iTunes library at home to put my best answer forward here. Will not be easy narrowing it down to 10 (and will in no way be definitive).
    ^^^^^
    Baseball Maverick: How Sandy Alderson Revolutionized Baseball and Revived the Mets
    I am that Daddy Cool

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,116

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    40,792

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,116
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Very nice. Even went with a Meddle tune for Floyd. Impressive.

    Haven't listened to No Quarter since my heavy weed high school days. Have you heard Tool's cover of it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZKIfCJZvZo
    Yeah, it's an excellent spin on the song. Was just listening to it a few days ago and commenting on the same with someone.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    71,597

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,116
    Well thanks. Would probably look different if I did it again but lots of my favorite artists/songs in there regardless.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    71,597
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well thanks. Would probably look different if I did it again but lots of my favorite artists/songs in there regardless.
    yep, my list would have at least half the artists/bands you listed.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    20,784
    I've actually been thinking about this and trying to narrow down my favorite songs recently so this is very timely. As others have mentioned, it's by no means definitive and changes a lot. I decided to pick 1 song from the artists as for some I could list multiple songs I like equally.

    Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
    Country Roads - John Denver
    Sweet Child Of Mine - Guns N' Roses
    Revolution - The Beatles
    Wouldn't it be Nice - Beach Boys
    Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
    Lodi - Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Rain When I Die - Alice in Chains
    Amarillo By Morning - George Strait
    Time Stand Still - Rush

    A lot of Pink Floyd would be in consideration, but my favorite is probably Time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •