Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miami should look into Cousins in offseason

Thill coming off major knee surgery, wasnít always most consistent and letís be honest he is mediocre at best. I just think rather then being a one and done playoff football team, phins must maximize talent we have on team for a sb push and we should sign Cousins when season is over. He is an instant upgrade over any qb we have. Easily be best QB since Marino was here. I think Cousins should be number 1 priority in offseason.

Cousins is going to go to SF most likely. I don't want any part of Cousins regardless

the number 1 priority for me in the offseason outside of giving Landry an extension is going after Jimmy Graham. we tried to trade for him once before and its still a need

Quote Originally Posted by skitha67 View Post
    Thill coming off major knee surgery, wasnít always most consistent and letís be honest he is mediocre at best. I just think rather then being a one and done playoff football team, phins must maximize talent we have on team for a sb push and we should sign Cousins when season is over. He is an instant upgrade over any qb we have. Easily be best QB since Marino was here. I think Cousins should be number 1 priority in offseason.

Just stop.

1. Niners and Browns have a ton of cap room like $100 mil +.
    2. Ride out Moore and an early drafted qb like round 1 or round 2.
    3. Use the cap savings from Tanny, Cutler, Maxwell on the o line, Jimmy Graham and extending Landry.

Good situation for a rookie Qb. Ajayi, Parker, stills, Landry. And a good defense.

I donít think he wants to be there imo. What talent does SF have. He goes to Miami he is on a Super Bowl contending team. I agree with Landry as well though.

Cousins is a good QB, but I'm not convinced he gets us past where we would be with Tannehill. I think the best approach is to ride with Tanny, draft a QB high next year, and keep building the rest of the team. Resign Landry, OL, QB (draft), TE and CB would be my main focus in the draft and FA, in that order too. We need another OT drafted to back up James and Tunsil, especially if James doesn't get resigned after next year. TE has been gross the past couple of years too.

And we shouldn't stop building our defense either. I'd still take another CB high, even 1st rd. DE, LB, DT . . . all need to have depth.

Lots of potential in the QB class in 2018. Can get one in the 2nd rd (Mayfield, Allen, Falk) to groom behind an underappreciated and underrated Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    Cousins is a good QB, but I'm not convinced he gets us past where we would be with Tannehill. I think the best approach is to ride with Tanny, draft a QB high next year, and keep building the rest of the team. Resign Landry, OL, QB (draft), TE and CB would be my main focus in the draft and FA, in that order too. We need another OT drafted to back up James and Tunsil, especially if James doesn't get resigned after next year. TE has been gross the past couple of years too.

And we shouldn't stop building our defense either. I'd still take another CB high, even 1st rd. DE, LB, DT . . . all need to have depth.

Lots of potential in the QB class in 2018. Can get one in the 2nd rd (Mayfield, Allen, Falk) to groom behind an underappreciated and underrated Tannehill.
    Pretty much agree with you except for the Tanny part, I prefer Moore because of $ wise.
    Also, need to look into resigning W. Hayes

Possible off-season moves I'd entertain..

Cut or trade Pouncey

Move Howard to Slot and grab another CB.

Draft another Wr. Carroo and Grant don't impress me. And Parker can't seem to stay Healthy.

Restructure Thill

Extend Wake and possibly Timmons. Resign Hayes, Landry, Fasano, Moore, Michael Thomas, Fede, Aikens, Maualuga.
    Last edited by jtownsfine5t; 10-26-2017 at 03:30 PM.

I don't for 1 second think Allen goes in the 2nd nor do I want a R2 QB. I dont like any of them. I have it Darnold, Allen, Lamar, and Rosen in order and have all four in R1

offseason moves for me...

extend Wake and resign Landry

trade Parker away for Martavis Bryant

trade Tannehill and go with just Moore and a drafted QB

trade for Ty Montgomery

cut Lawrence Timmons

get 1 free agent OL, Jimmy Graham, Aaron Lynch, and bring back Chris McCain

Draft
    1. Lamar Jackson
    Josh Allen my 2nd choice

2. Denzel Ward CB Ohio State
    new starting slot CB

2. Lorenzo Carter DE/LB Georgia
    from trading Tannehill away

OL with the other picks
    Last edited by tunnicliffderek; 10-26-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I don't for 1 second think Allen goes in the 2nd nor do I want a R2 QB. I dont like any of them. I have it Darnold, Allen, Lamar, and Rosen in order and have all four in R1

trade for Ty Montgomery

cut Lawrence Timmons

Draft
    1. Lamar Jackson
    Josh Allen my 2nd choice

new starting slot CB

OL with the other picks
    Stopped ready after you said trade Parker for M Bryant. He's 1 f up away from being suspended 1+ years man. He's obviously made it known he doesn't care about the team.

Quote Originally Posted by poppapuh86 View Post
    Pretty much agree with you except for the Tanny part, I prefer Moore because of $ wise.
    Also, need to look into resigning W. Hayes
    I could agree. If we become more of a running team with Ajayi, then yeah, no point in paying $20M for a QB. Build up the OL and defense. So if that were the way the Phins were trending, then I would look to trade Tannehill for a 2nd rd pick ++

trade for Ty Montgomery

cut Lawrence Timmons

Draft
    1. Lamar Jackson
    Josh Allen my 2nd choice

new starting slot CB

OL with the other picks
    I'm not sure what the heck is going on here LOL. I'm very, very happy you are not near our front office. I'm fairly confident you also said that Kaep was better for this team than Tanny (last year I believe).

Dude, Parker is nasty and has legit 1WR tools . . . but he just can't stay healthy and it sucks for both him and us. I would not give up on him unless we were getting a 1st rd pick back. Sorry, but I'm keeping the kid. Unless KC wants to give us Kelce for Parker, or PHI gives us Ertz for Parker. Otherwise, the dude is a building block imo.

If Moore shows he has a good grasp of this offense and can hold off Cutler and propel us to the playoffs again, then I would be okay with Moore, because it allows us to focus more on the running game. I would trade Tannehill for minimum 2nd rd pick ++. If the FO decides that we can thrive, not just survive, but thrive, without Tannehill, then okay, trade him and draft a QB to groom . . . retool the OL to be a bullish and brute force in the running game, and bully other teams around with Ajayi. Then keep building our defense to be shut down. Clock control on offense and suffocating on defense wins championships.

As for the rest . . . . you crazy bro LOL. I agree on Landry and Wake . . .I think any Phin fan would be fine with that (depending how much Landry gets paid)

Why Montgomery when we have Ajayi and Landry? I believe we do need an upgrade over Drake and Williams, but I'm not trading assets to do it. Rather just draft.

it wouldn't cost much for Montgomery just a late pick and we can move him around a bunch. I put Montgomery because we usually always trade for a player in the offseason and he makes sense to me

Parker sucks. no chance in hell you would get a 1st. probably get a 3rd for him. I'm ok with a 3rd but prefer Bryant. player for player trades never happen but since I prefer him to the 3rd I put it down

I wouldn't want Ertz as he wouldn't add much to our team

Kaep and TH would be about the same

I would risk that suspension on Bryant. his talent is through the roof. I wouldn't care about my team either if they didn't use me. Bryant has legit beef and I'm on his side. JuJu is nowhere close to him. I thought about others like Funchess and Benjamin but they do the same thing as Jimmy and cost more than Bryant who opens up others with his field stretching ability

its pretty evident that we need Lamar. TH isn't going to save this team

it wouldn't cost much for Montgomery just a late pick and we can move him around a bunch. I put Montgomery because we usually always trade for a player in the offseason and he makes sense to me

Parker sucks. no chance in hell you would get a 1st. probably get a 3rd for him. I'm ok with a 3rd but prefer Bryant. player for player trades never happen but since I prefer him to the 3rd I put it down

I wouldn't want Ertz as he wouldn't add much to our team

Kaep and TH would be about the same

I would risk that suspension on Bryant. his talent is through the roof. I wouldn't care about my team either if they didn't use me. Bryant has legit beef and I'm on his side. JuJu is nowhere close to him. I thought about others like Funchess and Benjamin but they do the same thing as Jimmy and cost more than Bryant who opens up others with his field stretching ability

its pretty evident that we need Lamar. TH isn't going to save this team
    Considering Bryant is only the 3rd option on the Steelers offense behind AB and Bell and on a rookie contract while missing 1 year due to suspension...he has zero leverage. Steelers cant just deactivate him each week.

Steelers also make the right moves when it comes to their wr's and free agency/trade. Steelers are going for the super bowl this year and M Bryant is only worried about himself. He'd be 1 year closer to a new deal IF he hadn't done and f'd up and get suspended. If he gets traded he's going to the nfl and to a bad team like the Bears where the Steelers know he won't come back to bite them in the butt.

disagree about Steelers making the right WR moves

they have seemingly drafted a WR high the last 4 yrs or so and have only hit on 1 and its the one they aren't using

Gase would make Bryant a top 5 WR

also Steelers wont be winning a SB unless they use him. Ben isn't that good anymore and should retire after this year

Carson Palmer should be the other QB other than Ben that should retire after this season

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast