Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Let's just say

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    You're excited about Teddy, yet called Bradford trash in another thread. If both are healthy, Bradford is a far better QB

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    A lot of Vikings fans have a false memory of what Teddy actually is

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I expect to get flamed but if I'm looking at the future, I think it goes Wentz, Goff, and then Dak, in that order. Something about guys that can play from inside the pocket and depend more on their arms does it for me.
    I think Wentz and Goff are pretty interchangeable at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm not a big SPAQ person TBH. And not saying Wentz isn't athletic, Dak just looks a little different and better at it to me.

Who knows maybe this is one of those places like Steve Young where he's really athletic but because he tends to stay in the pocket longer and make those tough throws you don't get to see it as much.
    I'm not sure what a SPARQ person is. Obviously it's just measurables and has little relation to how good at football someone is, but it's an objective argument unlike "I think he's more athletic".

I can make that argument, too, though. Prescott is athletic, no doubt about it, but I haven't seen him do things like this:

https://imgur.com/a/3uXvm#m5Vwbj4 (Convert 3rd and 8 by evading multiple tackle attempts; of course Prescott has converted many 3rd and longs with his legs)
    https://imgur.com/a/Rwoq0#kB0Xw5j (Dodging and running away from Zach Brown)
    https://imgur.com/a/PpVmM#9UuaD22 (Spinning away from several sack attempts to throw a long TD pass)
    https://imgur.com/a/MgKEr#oBvChcb (The "Houdini" play)

It would probably be more obvious if Carson was black. Steve Young had that problem, too.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-13-2017 at 11:15 PM.

SPARQ is about simple measurements. Back at the start of the SPARQ stuff I was still in school for sports management. SPARQ said I should have gotten toasted all day long against another kid in the class. He was faster, stronger, could jump further, jump higher, everything. But it didn't matter, volleyball, football, basketball, soccer, lacrosse....I got the better of him every time.

Like Jerry Rice would actually have had a poor SPARQ score, and AB did too.....but both are very athletic on the field.

I think SPARQ isn't the best measurement in the world.

PROCESSING

SPARQ is about simple measurements. Back at the start of the SPARQ stuff I was still in school for sports management. SPARQ said I should have gotten toasted all day long against another kid in the class. He was faster, stronger, could jump further, jump higher, everything. But it didn't matter, volleyball, football, basketball, soccer, lacrosse....I got the better of him every time.

Like Jerry Rice would actually have had a poor SPARQ score, and AB did too.....but both are very athletic on the field.

I think SPARQ isn't the best measurement in the world.
    I mean, I said it doesn't tell whether someone is good at football. But it's about the most objective measurement of athleticism we have on NFL players and that's what I was going for. I made the subjective argument now, too, with the GIFs above.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I think Wentz and Goff are pretty interchangeable at the top.
    Not yet.

Ok? When I watch them play I think Dak does more athletic things. Itís not like Iím saying Wentz trips over his own shoes. Just me personally, I think Dak does a little better in that regard. Maybe Iíve just seen young Ben and still have that in my mind so when Wentz moves in similar ways I just see that and I equate it to size not athleticism.

I do know for me part of it is Wentz plays very smooth. Guys who are athletic and smooth donít look as impressive to me as the helter smelter athletic.

Take my own team. Watt scored much higher on SPARQ than Dupree but Dupree looks much more athletic to me because of the moves that he makes.
    Yeah, not sure how anyone can claim Dak as more athletic of the two. To each is own but Wentz tips the scale there, imo.

Define athleticism I guess, maybe thatís part of the disconnect.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I mean, I said it doesn't tell whether someone is good at football. But it's about the most objective measurement of athleticism we have on NFL players and that's what I was going for. I made the subjective argument now, too, with the GIFs above.
    Ok? When I watch them play I think Dak does more athletic things. Itís not like Iím saying Wentz trips over his own shoes. Just me personally, I think Dak does a little better in that regard. Maybe Iíve just seen young Ben and still have that in my mind so when Wentz moves in similar ways I just see that and I equate it to size not athleticism.

I do know for me part of it is Wentz plays very smooth. Guys who are athletic and smooth donít look as impressive to me as the helter smelter athletic.

Take my own team. Watt scored much higher on SPARQ than Dupree but Dupree looks much more athletic to me because of the moves that he makes.

PROCESSING

Yeah, not sure how anyone can claim Dak as more athletic of the two. To each is own but Wentz tips the scale there, imo.

Define athleticism I guess, maybe thatís part of the disconnect.
    White men can't jump

But what is the argument? You just think Prescott's more athletic. Wentz graded out better at the Combine and I showed four plays where his athleticism is perfectly evident. What can you point at?

Not yet.
    Pretty much. Especially considering Wentz has 9 more starts.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345