Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 149 of 317 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 4754
    I'd be a lot more comfortable trading the pick then I would Frank in a deal for Kemba. Outside the top 5-6 picks this year, it looks like the draft class will be very hit or miss.

I've seen the Knicks projected @ around 12 to draft Dzanan Musa, Hamidou Diallo, Jarred Vanderbilt, etc...

These types of players could end up being the quality of Kemba Walker, or Nic Batum but imo its surely not a "can't miss" group.

This is probably why the Hornets would be willing to tank in the 1st place.

They want into that elite top of the draft...

I am concerned about taking on a bad contract though.

If I'm Perry, I'd have to engage in talks as to how much salary the Hornets are truly wanting to unload here.

Is saving 12.5 mill this off-season, 17 mill after next, and 35 mill after that enough cap relief?

Is that in combination with this year's pick enough compensation for Kemba?

If that fits their long term goals after meandering in mediocrity a few years, I pull the trigger...

O'Quinn (opting out after this year), Jarrett Jack (expiring), Baker (signed through next) and yes Noah (2 years after this one) + this year's pick

for

Kemba Walker and Nic Batum

No, this trade doesn't make us an instant contender this year, or next, etc... although I'm also not sold on the greatness of the other Eastern Conference teams until I see them get past the aging Cavaliers.

But it does, in my opinion, pass the eye test as far as the risk/reward for the NYK...

Outside of Kemba, I could see Batum contributing as a solid 3. I could also see him helping mentor his young fellow countryman Frank.

I would like the offense/defense mix of the remaining Knicks roster (Batum/Lance/Beas @ the 3, Kemba/Frank/Burke @ the 1, Kanter/Willy/KP @ the 5, etc...)

If this trade works for the Hornets, I think it works for the Knicks.

Also, the one factor I think we all are forgetting in the "chip or tank" mentality...

If we don't start competing over the next couple years, we will probably lose KP...

That undoubtedly would set the franchise back, no matter what your opinion on his ceiling is...

Give me a team I could see competing with Boston, Phi, Mil, Tor and a diminishing Cle and that's enough for me...

You don't have to worry about the Western powerhouses unless you're in the Finals...

It sure would be a fun ride to try and get there..

Actually Stilla you could go the other way with it.

We commit hard for 2 years with a natural out cause of when contracts expire and they save a ton of money

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ya3jkcqd

Basically take all their big deals except Bantumwhile losing Lee. I know you tho m they wouldn't take Noah but with that deal they save over $10 million this season, next season that number could jump another $10 million (assuming KO opts outs, which O believe he would in Charlotte. And now while you have Noah he is making Less then Noah and you are saving $20 Million in season 2 and you can either use him as an expiring or stretch him then when it would make the most sense to do so financially.
    Last edited by aNYer; 01-21-2018 at 06:43 AM.

LOL
    Watching the Knicks on NBA channel and they are really talking up Lee, they sure did help his trade stock. I watched the live game on MSG of course because these guys especially Barry hate on the Knicks.

But of course I'm watching now where Frank is looking horrid.

I really think Lee could net us a late first, and Q can net us a mid range 2nd and young player

I'll leave this here for the Frank and Lance hater club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    I wouldnít give up a first for Kemba but I would give up a frank .
    You donít need to get a high pick in order to get a good player in the draft . Just take a look at frank and Mitchell for example
    So I really font care what pick we get as long as we get a pick in the 1st round .

And it doesnít matter is we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs as long as we make the playoffs .
    Itís good experience for all the players on the knicks mainly kp .
    Plus like the other guy mentioned it will spark the interest of free agents around the league .

Kemba is still young and has yet to play with a quality player .

You put him on the knicks squad and you will see this team improve mark my words
    I agree with everything except trading Frank. It's unusual to find a 19 year old kid with Frank's court vision and defense. Plus he has the body to be a monster in 3 years similar to Greek Freak. I'd gladly give up a 2019 pick for Kemba and swap shorter contracts of Lance and Lee for Batum who is better than both of them combined and younger.

Knicks fans don't value the importance of making the playoffs even if you don't advance.... it's all part of establishing the right culture.

Philly, Suns, Sac, Lakers have done all this tanking the last 5 years but late draft players like Leonard, Draymond, IT, Brogdan, TJ Warren, Mitchell, Kuzma seem to turn up every year as those players to have the most impact for their team. Hell the Knicks have one with Tim who I venture to say is playing more like an all-star than KP.

Knicks have 5 lottery players on this team that contribute and if we can get Kemba who we all know is an all-star and swap salary to get a very highly skilled SF like Batum who can run point forward .... do it. Just don't give up our lottery kid Frank who we tanked to get or this summer's draft pick.

Someone mentioned Houston, well they are a prime example that you don't have to build through the draft.

So are the Raptors and Spurs.

Let's have patience and not give up too much for Kemba, keep developing our young players and try to be known as a playoff team moving forward. That's the 1st step. Our players need to learn how to win 1st.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 01-21-2018 at 01:52 PM.

I still think the best trade we can try to pull off is with Cleveland..

Lee, Kanter, Oquinn and 2018 Bulls 2nd rounder

For

Thompson, Shumpert and Nets 2018 pick

We take Thompson off Clevelands hands and give them upgrades at positions that they are struggling this season..

We are capped out until 2020 but will be able to offer AD a big contract that offseason, and will have most likely 2 top 10 picks to build around in this draft..

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post

I'll leave this here for the Frank and Lance hater club.
    Where does Lance rank in offensive categories? Any offensive category. He stinks man and his defense abilities don't out weigh his offensive inability. That's why I don't want MKG in a Kemba trade. He is another Lance Thomas who everyone praises for his defense yet Melo dropped 62 on him!

I'd take Batum and his larger salary Any day. Batum in a Knicks lineup surrounded by Kemba, Tim, Beasley and KP is a super dangerous lineup.

Then we would still be very young with players like Burke, Frank, Dougie, Dotson and Willy coming off the bench.... Batum is actually the selling point for me in a Kemba trade.

is Batum truly worth 24M next year, 25.6m the next and 27.1m in 2020-21?

I know he just had a great game but those are some hefty numbers that say superstar, top 15 player in the league?

I do agree getting a Batum, and Kemba is really a major improvement but that's all folks we will be capped out for awhile. Your talking max or almost max deals for KP, Batum, Kemba, and Timmy making an escalating contract up to 19Mil in 2020.

And how do you expect to trade for a guy you call an allstar and not give back young potential?

they have to take back 27 mil in contract, who is that exactly?

Before posting trades I strongly suggest making sure the monies work and put yourself as a fan for the other team.

Taking back Lance, Lee and even Frank is still 7m short? they are not giving up Batum and taking on yet another center with 3 years left in Noah, makes less than zero sense. What if they added Kanter, it would have to be a three team deal but again Howard is 2 years and they also have Zeller for 4 years at 13M.

See this is not as easy as fans think to put together. Sadly Knicks put themselves in a terrible position with the years on Lee and Noah's contracts. Lee is well worth it but a team trading for him would have to want him and is that the Hornets who are having wholesale offerings?

And if anyone says well what if Kanter opts out? that is a possibility and wouldn't that be funny if the Knicks got him back in FA on the cheap?

If Kanter told Charlotte he was 100% opting out then the Knicks have Kanter, Lance and Frank and the trade actually works but I'm thinking the Bulls pick may need to be included as well.

Hornets give up two good players, save lots of cap space and get back one potential player and a semi early 2nd round pick, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Where does Lance rank in offensive categories? Any offensive category. He stinks man and his defense abilities don't out weigh his offensive inability. That's why I don't want MKG in a Kemba trade. He is another Lance Thomas who everyone praises for his defense yet Melo dropped 62 on him!

I'd take Batum and his larger salary Any day. Batum in a Knicks lineup surrounded by Kemba, Tim, Beasley and KP is a super dangerous lineup.

Then we would still be very young with players like Burke, Frank, Dougie, Dotson and Willy coming off the bench.... Batum is actually the selling point for me in a Kemba trade.
    He's one of the best corner 3 guys on our team. That right there is a solid role player. Elite 1v1 defense + great corner 3 shooting. Go tell Greg Pop with a straight face that's not valuable. If the corner 3s aren't being attempted, there is something not working offensively well before the ball is supposed to swing to lance. There is a reason the best teams shoot a ton of them, it's a byproduct of great offense.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post

If the knicks had another great scoring option, people would be thrilled with lance. They would talk about being a glue guy and an unselfish team player and people would love him.
    We don't so his flaws are exaggerated because fans want him to be a player that he isn't.
    He is an excellent defensive player and he is an attribute to any team. We happen to need more offense so fans focus on his contribution on that end and are let down by it.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

All in for Trae Young.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    He's one of the best corner 3 guys on our team. That right there is a solid role player. Elite 1v1 defense + great corner 3 shooting. Go tell Greg Pop with a straight face that's not valuable. If the corner 3s aren't being attempted, there is something not working offensively well before the ball is supposed to swing to lance. There is a reason the best teams shoot a ton of them, it's a byproduct of great offense.
    Lance should NEVER start is my whole point. Lance is the type of player you put in the game once your up 20 to maintain a lead and I haven't seen Lance hit a corner 3 in 10 games.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    is Batum truly worth 24M next year, 25.6m the next and 27.1m in 2020-21?

I know he just had a great game but those are some hefty numbers that say superstar, top 15 player in the league?

I do agree getting a Batum, and Kemba is really a major improvement but that's all folks we will be capped out for awhile. Your talking max or almost max deals for KP, Batum, Kemba, and Timmy making an escalating contract up to 19Mil in 2020.

And how do you expect to trade for a guy you call an allstar and not give back young potential?

they have to take back 27 mil in contract, who is that exactly?

Before posting trades I strongly suggest making sure the monies work and put yourself as a fan for the other team.

Taking back Lance, Lee and even Frank is still 7m short? they are not giving up Batum and taking on yet another center with 3 years left in Noah, makes less than zero sense. What if they added Kanter, it would have to be a three team deal but again Howard is 2 years and they also have Zeller for 4 years at 13M.

See this is not as easy as fans think to put together. Sadly Knicks put themselves in a terrible position with the years on Lee and Noah's contracts. Lee is well worth it but a team trading for him would have to want him and is that the Hornets who are having wholesale offerings?

And if anyone says well what if Kanter opts out? that is a possibility and wouldn't that be funny if the Knicks got him back in FA on the cheap?

If Kanter told Charlotte he was 100% opting out then the Knicks have Kanter, Lance and Frank and the trade actually works but I'm thinking the Bulls pick may need to be included as well.

Hornets give up two good players, save lots of cap space and get back one potential player and a semi early 2nd round pick, interesting.
    Did you see my last post? I think that works for both sides.