Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 422 of 429 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 6427
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I know many if not most donít really like the idea of Aaron Gordon (largely because of what heíll get paid, but I still think if Kanter opts Out he could be a Target.

Sign Noel to 1 or 2 year MLE, use Mudiay to trade up a couple spots in the 2nd round, maybe draft Moritz Wagner...

Frank-THJ-Bridges-Gordon-KP
    Burke-Lee-Dotson-Wagner-Noel
    Jack-Baker-TWill-Lance-Kornet

This looks realistic to me and I kind of like it. Iím sure people will disagree but just an idea on how we might potentially shape the roster this offseason. Maybe Blatt as coach? Fizdale?
    I don't believe the Knicks mind right now, which I agree with, is to go out and get other retread "Stars" and have issues with out cap. I am a patient man. To be honest, I wouldn't care, if we didn't do anything but draft an develop all the way until Noah comes off naturally. Does this piss off KP, sure. Can we trade him for more assets if he wants to leave? - Yup. We need to get as much cap space as possible, develop talent, NOT GET BURNED again and again by picking up other team's castoffs.

1. Note: Gordon will get resigned with ORL
    2. Note: KL will be sent to team with best package - aka Dallas. They're always willing to give up farm.

Sexton is growing on me...I hope he balls out in individual workouts...His fiery spirit is exactly what NY needs! We need a player that will get the home crowd hype with his effort and energy

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I don't believe the Knicks mind right now, which I agree with, is to go out and get other retread "Stars" and have issues with out cap. I am a patient man. To be honest, I wouldn't care, if we didn't do anything but draft an develop all the way until Noah comes off naturally. Does this piss off KP, sure. Can we trade him for more assets if he wants to leave? - Yup. We need to get as much cap space as possible, develop talent, NOT GET BURNED again and again by picking up other team's castoffs.

1. Note: Gordon will get resigned with ORL
    2. Note: KL will be sent to team with best package - aka Dallas. They're always willing to give up farm.
    Gordon isnít necessarily a retread tho, heís improved each year and heís 22. Would you have said that about Oladipo prior to this season?

Gordon isnít necessarily a retread tho, heís improved each year and heís 22. Would you have said that about Oladipo prior to this season?
    Probably and I would have been wrong. Problem is, hindsight is always 20/20. How many players end up like Oladipo maybe 1 for every 50 if not more? Furthermore, how many have worked out for Knicks...maybe Sprewell?

Probably and I would have been wrong. Problem is, hindsight is always 20/20. How many players end up like Oladipo maybe 1 for every 50 if not more? Furthermore, how many have worked out for Knicks...maybe Sprewell?
    Iím with you but sometimes businesses can be too risk averse and it can hurt them. The risk here is obviously the contract but Gordon has improved every season which is a big deal imo and heís still about 3 years out from his prime, and they had him miscast as a SF forever. I think as a 4 between a Bridges & KP at the 5, where I still think he should be, I donít know it could really work.

Iím with you but sometimes businesses can be too risk averse and it can hurt them. The risk here is obviously the contract but Gordon has improved every season which is a big deal imo and heís still about 3 years out from his prime, and they had him miscast as a SF forever. I think as a 4 between a Bridges & KP at the 5, where I still think he should be, I donít know it could really work.
    I see your point, but I'm not willing to do that risk this early in the rebuild, with a player that is probably better at PF, who is not elite at any one thing, PLUS with a contract that where he will be paid more than he is worth. - We all know this is coming.

I see your point, but I'm not willing to do that risk this early in the rebuild, with a player that is probably better at PF, who is not elite at any one thing, PLUS with a contract that where he will be paid more than he is worth. - We all know this is coming.
    I get where youíre coming from but again from my perspective this plan would put him at the 4 where heís best suited.

Let me ask you this: if Kanter opts out, and we Stretch Noah, and have 20-25 mil to play with (I think??) what would you do with that? Sit on it and not try to sign anyone? Go after Capela? Or Oubre? Lebron I canít see happening but would you take that shot? Just curious.

I get where youíre coming from but again from my perspective this plan would put him at the 4 where heís best suited.

Let me ask you this: if Kanter opts out, and we Stretch Noah, and have 20-25 mil to play with (I think??) what would you do with that? Sit on it and not try to sign anyone? Go after Capela? Or Oubre? Lebron I canít see happening but would you take that shot? Just curious.
    Maybe Capela (who is not worth 20 min - unless he gets a jump shot). But yeah, im comfortable with not spending that money. Are we going to win a chip next year? Are we still in development? Realistically, what would we accomplish next year?

This is also why i wanted to tank from the JUMP this year (i understand what happened, so I am not harping on it). Just making the point, I'm a person who sees the entire vision, not just year to year. I am more than happy to role that money over next year.

Also, if we do have the money, think what that does - some team that wants to dump salary on a 1/2 year player that's willing to give us a 1st (of course being judicious). Now we can be in the position to collect assets while rebuilding.

lastly, i feel like I keep saying this. DO NOT STRETCH NOAH. We. are. not. winning. anything. in. 2. years. Let him walk or take a buyout.

Oubre is not a free agent, but Jabari Parker is a restricted one.

I agree about not stretching Noah. He can still contribute at least 10 mins a game, and has been a positive locker room guy up until Jeff and him fought.

The only way I would be fine with the Knicks doing anything for Gordon, Wiggins, Randle, etc. is if Hardaway is moved. We need to keep the bigger picture in mind of maintaining cap flexibility for the right opportunity next offseason and beyond. Keeping Hardaway, while adding a player like that and extending KP limits how the Knicks can build. There will finally be some breathing room next year, but they have to be smart about it.

Apparently there is and has not been any interest in JVG....that saddens me a little.

My friend suggested this trade when we were talking about potential deals with LAC in a potential trade back scenario. Hardaway, 9, and 37 for Tobias, 12 and 13. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    My friend suggested this trade when we were talking about potential deals with LAC in a potential trade back scenario. Hardaway, 9, and 37 for Tobias, 12 and 13. Thoughts?
    I'd do that in a heartbeat but there's zero chance LA does that imo. Tobias is better than Timmy by a decent margin from what I've seen, just don't see them agreeing to that.

Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    quality over quantity....rather get one player that I really like...Hardaway had a career year and with the right coach could take another step. I see no rush to trade him unless it's for a player like a healthy Kawhi

THJ, 2018 1st rd pick and Frank for Kawhi and filler.