Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 496 of 503 FirstFirst ... 396446486494495496497498 ... LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 7540
  1. #7426
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by knickshottic View Post
    Knox this year, focus on that and hope frank improves into a starter while tanking this coming season.


    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Knox is no good for our fan base. The inpatient *****es will freak out, Knox is a good talent and I like him but people giving up on frank theyíll give up on Knox right away
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  2. #7427
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    5,254
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    You say hey you can have a first round pick if you take Noah and thatís fine esp as an expiring. There has been players with 2 years left dealt with a first itís really not hard. You donít do it unless you get confirmation that you can get that guy in fA. And why get rid of hardaway? Heís solid and can score
    I didn't mention Hardaway...
    If you have to give up a first round pick to dump someone, means its not easy. Its moot, we don't have a first lying around to give. Its hard enough to acquire an extra one, let alone give one way to get rid of someone.

    The days of large expirings being easy to move/ assets are over. There is simply no reason for anyone to take Noah to help us. There's a reason there were buyout talks. I don't know what to tell you buddy. Even Lee is not easy to move.
    I saw a trade rumor just now, Lee for Faried. Faried just makes more over the same two years. Does nothing for us.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often




  3. #7428
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Knox is no good for our fan base. The inpatient *****es will freak out, Knox is a good talent and I like him but people giving up on frank theyíll give up on Knox right away
    I agree [emoji36][emoji36][emoji36]

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  4. #7429
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    I didn't mention Hardaway...
    If you have to give up a first round pick to dump someone, means its not easy. Its moot, we don't have a first lying around to give. Its hard enough to acquire an extra one, let alone give one way to get rid of someone.

    The days of large expirings being easy to move/ assets are over. There is simply no reason for anyone to take Noah to help us. There's a reason there were buyout talks. I don't know what to tell you buddy. Even Lee is not easy to move.
    I saw a trade rumor just now, Lee for Faried. Faried just makes more over the same two years. Does nothing for us.
    Other dude mentioned Tim, mixed it up. And my point was You donít need to move Noah unless you need his cap. For example only reason to move Noah in 2019 is if we have 2 guys come up to us and say they want to team up with KP and we need Noah space in that case moving a first is a no brainer. If nobody does that we donít have to move Noah we just let him expire. Stretching out a 1 year deal is the dumbest thing in the world. I read lee for faried and that makes no sense for Denver either. Denver wants to clear cap not take on thatís why 14 is available with faried. Lee is easy to move for a second rounder if needed.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  5. #7430
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,630
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Why would you stretch 1 year? Lol he expires. Those are easy as **** to move. Hell we could move him now imo if we really needed too. No need to but just saying
    Would anyone consider Noah, frank & # 9 for Wiggins? Thibs would cream his pants for a deal like this...he loves Noah, Frank and his Defense would make him really happy and they get a lottery pick.

    pg - burke
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - Kanter

    and in 2019

    pg - kyrie
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - FA

    2 rookies of the year and 1 runner up for rookie of the year in the starting 5

  6. #7431
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Tri Borough, so thorough
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Would anyone consider Noah, frank & # 9 for Wiggins? Thibs would cream his pants for a deal like this...he loves Noah, Frank and his Defense would make him really happy and they get a lottery pick.

    pg - burke
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - Kanter

    and in 2019

    pg - kyrie
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - FA

    2 rookies of the year and 1 runner up for rookie of the year in the starting 5
    Youíve got to be joking, right? You know Wiggins isnít really that great, not to mention him and Timmy in the same lineup? KP would never get enough touches.

    And weíd also be giving up the spoils of two terrible seasons in Frank and this years pick. Plus what if Kyrie doesnít come hereís.

    Thatís a hard no from me.

  7. #7432
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Stonington CT
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Would anyone consider Noah, frank & # 9 for Wiggins? Thibs would cream his pants for a deal like this...he loves Noah, Frank and his Defense would make him really happy and they get a lottery pick.

    pg - burke
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - Kanter

    and in 2019

    pg - kyrie
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - FA

    2 rookies of the year and 1 runner up for rookie of the year in the starting 5
    It's a no for me. I would not include Frank in that deal at all. The thing to keep in mind with the Minnesota situation is they believe Wiggins and Butler can't co exist, and they want to shred his cap. They aren't in a position of strength so we need to be firm on an offer that does help both but doesn't screw us over either.

    I'd certainly trade them Noah, Lee and 9 for Wiggins, Aldrich, and 20. I'd probably even go as far as potentially swapping picks in 19 top 5 protected... that is about all I'd do.

  8. #7433
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Valley stream, NY
    Posts
    5,254
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Other dude mentioned Tim, mixed it up. And my point was You donít need to move Noah unless you need his cap. For example only reason to move Noah in 2019 is if we have 2 guys come up to us and say they want to team up with KP and we need Noah space in that case moving a first is a no brainer. If nobody does that we donít have to move Noah we just let him expire. Stretching out a 1 year deal is the dumbest thing in the world. I read lee for faried and that makes no sense for Denver either. Denver wants to clear cap not take on thatís why 14 is available with faried. Lee is easy to move for a second rounder if needed.
    Do you know how the stretch works in a final year btw? I'm not even arguing for it, but I don't think you do or you wouldnt be saying that
    I see you read this bleacher report article so all of a sudden everyone has become easy to trade.
    I think i've lost track of what this was even about.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often




  9. #7434
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,359
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Would anyone consider Noah, frank & # 9 for Wiggins? Thibs would cream his pants for a deal like this...he loves Noah, Frank and his Defense would make him really happy and they get a lottery pick.

    pg - burke
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - Kanter

    and in 2019

    pg - kyrie
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - FA

    2 rookies of the year and 1 runner up for rookie of the year in the starting 5
    I donít like that trade at all. Only way Iím trading for Wiggins is if we donít draft a wing, meaning we basically take either Trae Young, Sexton or Lonnie Walker/Zhaire Smith (I donít want to draft any of those guys really outside of Young who I donít think will be there at 9.)

    BUT... if we did draft one of those aforementioned guys, I would deal THJ/Lee for Wiggins. Thatís basically the only deal that I think really makes sense for both sides. I donít love Wiggins, or his contract, but if we donít draft a wing next week Iím open to potentially trading for him.

  10. #7435
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,686
    Quote Originally Posted by BGeer091 View Post
    It's a no for me. I would not include Frank in that deal at all. The thing to keep in mind with the Minnesota situation is they believe Wiggins and Butler can't co exist, and they want to shred his cap. They aren't in a position of strength so we need to be firm on an offer that does help both but doesn't screw us over either.

    I'd certainly trade them Noah, Lee and 9 for Wiggins, Aldrich, and 20. I'd probably even go as far as potentially swapping picks in 19 top 5 protected... that is about all I'd do.
    I like that deal, Minny would go for it. It gives them a better 3D guy that doesnt need to shoot as much to be effective and a solid rebounder and team player in Noah. Coach Thibs can get a little more juice out of Noah. We get a longer contract but one that settles a position of need for us and meets our age time line we're pushing for.

    PG Burke or Kemba
    SG Frank
    SF Wiggins
    PF KP
    C Carter W.
    6th Man THJ.

  11. #7436
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    26,934
    MIN at this point probably has to attach a pick to unload Wiggins, even most of their own fans feel that way...lol.

    yet you want to give them a top 10 pick?

  12. #7437
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    Would anyone consider Noah, frank & # 9 for Wiggins? Thibs would cream his pants for a deal like this...he loves Noah, Frank and his Defense would make him really happy and they get a lottery pick.

    pg - burke
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - Kanter

    and in 2019

    pg - kyrie
    sg - thj
    sf - wiggins
    pf - kp
    c - FA

    2 rookies of the year and 1 runner up for rookie of the year in the starting 5

    No thanks
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  13. #7438
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Do you know how the stretch works in a final year btw? I'm not even arguing for it, but I don't think you do or you wouldnt be saying that
    I see you read this bleacher report article so all of a sudden everyone has become easy to trade.
    I think i've lost track of what this was even about.
    Yeah you stretch out his final year into paying him less for multiple years. Not even close to worth it. Crabbe had a worse contract and was moved easy. Caroll basically the same contract was moved for pick 28 lol itís really not hard to move money, especially short term like Noah. And at the very least you can use Noah salary as a filler next year in a trade...
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  14. #7439
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    27,464
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    MIN at this point probably has to attach a pick to unload Wiggins, even most of their own fans feel that way...lol.

    yet you want to give them a top 10 pick?
    Thatís a stretch lol but yes giving a top 10 pick is stupid
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  15. #7440
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,793
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Thatís a stretch lol but yes giving a top 10 pick is stupid
    Fair, but I agree with nycerican that weíre at the point where something like THJ and Lee for Wiggins and Aldrich might get it done.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •