Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 495 of 502 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497 ... LastLast
Results 7,411 to 7,425 of 7518
    Quote Originally Posted by knickshottic View Post
    2019/2020 cap estimated at 108 million
    We have around 47 million to spend which isnt enough for 2 max players. We would have to trade noah and Lee final year to create additional 30 million which then would put us in position to offer the 2 max offers.

I dont think we should acquire any players this off season via free agency and build thru the draft and seek players for cheap... assuming KP doesnt come back until Feb should put us in position to land another top 10 pick next year draft. just my .02 cents
    Lee and Noah are easily tradeable esp when expiring. Hell I think lee is easily tradeable right now
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Lee and Noah are easily tradeable esp when expiring. Hell I think lee is easily tradeable right now
    I agree about Lee but noah scares me. stretching his final year might be the way to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree about Lee but noah scares me. stretching his final year might be the way to go.

Why would you stretch 1 year? Lol he expires. Those are easy as **** to move. Hell we could move him now imo if we really needed too. No need to but just saying
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Why would you stretch 1 year? Lol he expires. Those are easy as **** to move. Hell we could move him now imo if we really needed too. No need to but just saying
    If there is a way to move him then u dont hesitate. I'm just doubting anyone would want to take him.

I have a bad feeling about giving a ton of money to Kyrie becaue it seems like he is constantly injured come playoff time .
    I personally donít think we should rush into anything and build slowly take our time and find the right mixture of players through draft and free agency .
    I would hold off on trades until we are missing a key piece .

Quote Originally Posted by Brybmc868 View Post
    I have a bad feeling about giving a ton of money to Kyrie becaue it seems like he is constantly injured come playoff time .
    I personally donít think we should rush into anything and build slowly take our time and find the right mixture of players through draft and free agency .
    I would hold off on trades until we are missing a key piece .
    I agree with u but if we get him in free agency id take the risk

If there is a way to move him then u dont hesitate. I'm just doubting anyone would want to take him.

Youíd Have to attack assets for this year for sure.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

In 2019 when the Knicks have more money thatís when key players will be free agents and we can go after two guys that want to join forces in ny and play with kp .
    Guys like
    Kwai leanord
    Klay Thompson
    Kyrie Irving
    Kemba walker
    Etc...
    You give me one guy from the top two and one from the bottom two and we are good to go .
    I personally would rather have klay than leanord only because klay is extremely durable and has played a full 82 games multiple times now plus playoffs .
    Than as far as Kemba and Kyrie I think I would go with Kemba for simialar reasons plus I think he would come for a cheaper price .
    You add them to kp and weíre golden

But who knows at this point , maybe nilly will end up being our starting pg for the future and after this years draft we may end up finding our sf for the future as well . Maybe Timmy can become more consistent and be our sg and hopefully we resign oquin as our center and than we wonít have to sign any free agents and we could be a home grown team built through the draft .
    Thatís the ideal situation but I doubt it happens . Because the Knicks wonít be patient enough

What are you going on about? How is Noah easy to move? Even large expirings are not easy to move. The way to move them is to take back longer deals of similar size.

Also I think Lee proved himself not so easy to move as well, or he'd have been gone by now. There is simply no way to move Noah w/o attaching serious assets to him.

You would stretch the one year to open up about $14-15mln in cap space for the summer of 2019. So yes in an ideal world we'll have a good sense of who we can get before the stretch. All about 2019 now. Where the goal should be to sign Kyrie to a max. It's also the year that KP will get extended, essentially we'll be done spending. So the cap hits will be of lesser significance from that point on.

The entire goal this year should be to tank and shed salary. Lee most importantly. Because you simple cannot give Joakhim away. LT should get before the 19/20 salary becomes guaranteed.

Draft another stud in 2019. Then go get Kyrie and whoever else will come.
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    What are you going on about? How is Noah easy to move? Even large expirings are not easy to move. The way to move them is to take back longer deals of similar size.

Also I think Lee proved himself not so easy to move as well, or he'd have been gone by now. There is simply no way to move Noah w/o attaching serious assets to him.

You would stretch the one year to open up about $14-15mln in cap space for the summer of 2019. So yes in an ideal world we'll have a good sense of who we can get before the stretch. All about 2019 now. Where the goal should be to sign Kyrie to a max. It's also the year that KP will get extended, essentially we'll be done spending. So the cap hits will be of lesser significance from that point on.

The entire goal this year should be to tank and shed salary. Lee most importantly. Because you simple cannot give Joakhim away. LT should get before the 19/20 salary becomes guaranteed.

That should've been our goal before and it should be moving forward. The key thing is KP getting his extension. His cap will be low heading into the 2019 FA, but after that he'll eat up a big chunk of our cap. We'd have 3 lottery picks on the roster a long with KP. We can make significant noise.

It would've been great if we had tanked better, and it would really speed things up if we draft another stud. But our hope is that KP comes back health, Nilikina improves and at least becomes a solid role player, we make a solid pick this year and next, and that convinces a couple of the top FA's to sign with us.

If that doesn't work, then we'll continue to suck as a franchise.

On the books for 2019-2020 we have
    Noah: 19.259 M
    Hardaway: 18.15 M
    Lee: 12.759 M
    Lance Thomas: 7.583 M
    Frank: 4.855 M (team option)
    Dotson: 1.6 M

Assuming this years draft pick and next will consume about 8 million.

That puts us already around 72 million, and we haven't even signed KP to an extension yet. The goal over the next couple of years should be to rid this team of Hardaway, Thomas, and Lee. I would include Noah, but no one is going to touch that contract and he will most likely have to be stretched out. However, Hardaway, Thomas, and Lee total around 37 M, which would be enough for another max and some quality role players to surround KP, Frank, and two other lottery selections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post

That puts us already around 72 million, and we haven't even signed KP to an extension yet. The goal over the next couple of years should be to rid this team of Hardaway, Thomas, and Lee. I would include Noah, but no one is going to touch that contract and he will most likely have to be stretched out. However, Hardaway, Thomas, and Lee total around 37 M, which would be enough for another max and some quality role players to surround KP, Frank, and two other lottery selections.
    Knox this year, focus on that and hope frank improves into a starter while tanking this coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post

Thomas is only guaranteed like 1 mill. Noah will be expiring thatís easier to move. Lee shouldnt be hard to move
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post

You say hey you can have a first round pick if you take Noah and thatís fine esp as an expiring. There has been players with 2 years left dealt with a first itís really not hard. You donít do it unless you get confirmation that you can get that guy in fA. And why get rid of hardaway? Heís solid and can score
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331