Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 150 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2238
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    does anyone really need to list the top 5's that didn't live up to a top pick?

Hey we do have three top 5's on the team already lol

Beasley, Kanter and KP, in fact KP was the latest of the three of them at 4.
    Only if you also list the ones that did pan out for a side-by-side comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Only if you also list the ones that did pan out for a side-by-side comparison.
    the difference is you want to live by the draft, and I say you can die by doing it that way.

What if the ping pong balls went differently and we got the 2nd pick and didn't get KP, and wound up with a bench warmer for the Nets?

And you just don't go to lose games, the goal of every team in any sport is to make the playoffs and then see what happens.

Even though there has been two teams in the finals, there have been crazy series going to game 7 where you can say what if.........

Knicks an 8th seed going to the finals was priceless and nothing less than amazing and the Garden was rocking.

if I was hoping for a top 5 pick there would be no reason for me to be here and no reason to watch games. Impossible for me as a fan to root for a loss, impossible.

If you tell me we are mathematically out of the playoffs then I say play the young, get experience and if we lose we lose, but only then.

We weren't lucky like Cleveland with Lebron leaving making them an awful team, Melo stuck and he was nice enough to help us get around 30 wins.

We need luck like the Warriors and get a player like Green in the second round then hope a Durant wants to come to ny.

Beasly is good example of how losing can screw up young players future imagine if he was put into same situation like melo on a playoffs team instead he got dumped from losing culture to another.

Melo went to a losing team which he made a playoff team. Oh **** did I say something good about Melo. I am gonna shut my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Beasly is good example of how losing can screw up young players future imagine if he was put into same situation like melo on a playoffs team instead he got dumped from losing culture to another.
    Beasley was never on a losing team in Miami and Melo joined a terrible Nuggets team. Miami was also three years removed from winning a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Melo went to a losing team which he made a playoff team. Oh **** did I say something good about Melo. I am gonna shut my mouth.
    Melo was a monster his first 7-8 years in the league, we just got him towards the end of his prime (as imo hes a guy who peaked early), and we kept him several years into his decline. And hes not the easiest guy to build around to begin with, no secrets here.

I think the comparison of Beasley to Melo is way too premature. Beasley is a good talent and has performed well so far, but I doubt he keeps it up for a whole season. Melo was a perennial all star and up there for scoring title for a decade

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    Yea he is legit. I was daydreaming about that today too. Our options were ok at 8 but he was the real start to get at the top of the draft. We will miss out on anyone like that again this year too. Unless Porter Jr.'s injury makes him slide which is as improbable as it gets.

Just think how bad the Sixers messed that up though! They gave him up and the Lakers pick this year so they could get Fultz. Honestly they have been horribly managed since they got rid of Hinkie.
    It is funny because I bet the Celtics really wanted Tatum anyways at #1 but knew they didn't need to take him with that pick, so they got the guy they wanted and other assets.

I hear the Timberwolves have interest in Lance Thomas....Not sure how they would acquire him, but that's the buzz here in MN.

From what day to what day can trades happen?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    It is funny because I bet the Celtics really wanted Tatum anyways at #1 but knew they didn't need to take him with that pick, so they got the guy they wanted and other assets.
    Oh there was articles even saying that Tatum was #1 on their board, so I'm sure that is true. That was an incredible move for them. Then they have room to go and flip the Brooklyn pick for Kyrie as that was the coveted pick and now the Lakers are worse than Brooklyn and the Celtics still kept the better pick.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Jayson Tatum is an example of how good a top 5 pick can be.
    What about Fultz, Jackson, Ball and Fox. None of those guards would be putting up numbers that Burke is putting up if they were in the G-league.

Mitchell is by far the best rookie, not Tatum and the Knicks could get a talent like him because he was not a lottery pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    What about Fultz, Jackson, Ball and Fox. None of those guards would be putting up numbers that Burke is putting up if they were in the G-league.

Mitchell is by far the best rookie, not Tatum and the Knicks could get a talent like him because he was not a lottery pick.
    And all of those players can be putting up those kind of numbers in the NBA when they are 25 like Burke is...

You can get a Mitchell, which is extremely rare. You can also get a Luke Kennard or Justin Jackson, which is far more normal in that range.

Quote Originally Posted by ElishaJ1030 View Post
    I hear the Timberwolves have interest in Lance Thomas....Not sure how they would acquire him, but that's the buzz here in MN.
    Trade Lance for Muhammad please. Shabazz is a young guy who knows how to score and would fit our system well. Not a great defender and that's why Thibbs wants Lance.

Boy I hope that happens, I'm sick of Lance and his drunken style.

A move like that and Burke is all that we need to do... Start Frank too.

Frank / Trey Burke / Jack
    THJ / Lee / Baker
    Shabazz / McD / Dot
    KP / Beasley / Willy
    Kanter / Q / Noah

Keep Willy as backup 4 and give him Lance's minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    And all of those players can be putting up those kind of numbers in the NBA when they are 25 like Burke is...

You can get a Mitchell, which is extremely rare. You can also get a Luke Kennard or Justin Jackson, which is far more normal in that range.
    I wish we had a Kennard or Jackson. Both are better than Lance Thomas!

Your scouts have to be able to determine the needs of your team and draft accordingly. Just imagine if the Knicks make it to the playoffs then draft a K. Leonard or Kyle Kuzma in the draft.

It's not always about the highly media covered players.... there are really talented players out there that you have NEVER heard of that will be available whenever the Knicks draft.