Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 153 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2287
    One deal that i think could be made and is realistic and help us out in the long term would be trading Lee for Mirotic.. If we could somehow include Lance in the deal and take back more of their junk expirings it would be even better..

Mirotic at worst would be coming off the books after next season and could even come off this season, that is very big for our future cap flexibility..

Hes also playing quite well since hes come back and ive always been a fan of his game.. he would fit in at the 3 spot well for atleast the short term and much better than Lee since we've been kinda forcing him to play the 3 for long stretches this season..

I think if the incident with Portis never happened than Nikos value would be much higher.. This is the type of situation we should pounce on.. I'd even give Chicago back their 2nd rounder if it helped facilitate the deal..

Quote Originally Posted by UncleBuckFaston View Post
    One deal that i think could be made and is realistic and help us out in the long term would be trading Lee for Mirotic.. If we could somehow include Lance in the deal and take back more of their junk expirings it would be even better..

Mirotic at worst would be coming off the books after next season and could even come off this season, that is very big for our future cap flexibility..

Hes also playing quite well since hes come back and ive always been a fan of his game.. he would fit in at the 3 spot well for atleast the short term and much better than Lee since we've been kinda forcing him to play the 3 for long stretches this season..

I think if the incident with Portis never happened than Nikos value would be much higher.. This is the type of situation we should pounce on.. I'd even give Chicago back their 2nd rounder if it helped facilitate the deal..
    they said they want picks and or young talent back, Lee doesn't fit.

I know the Knicks are interested him the question is what are they asking back? Also trade can't happen till after the 14th and I don't think the Knicks have the contracts the Bulls want, and I don't feel losing Butler and replacing him with Lee is their future plans

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He looks like he's always looked and yet he starts most seasons unemployed. This isn't anything new from Beasley, he is a known commodity.

FYI -- The Celtics are actually a better defensive team this year.
    Oh yeah?

Show me where he put up multiple 30 point games coming off the bench for other teams. I would venture to say that he hasn't had a 20pt 10reb 2blks 2steal 3dime game since his Twolves days when he was their only option.

Beasley was usually unemployed because of his off the court habits and his reputation as a ball hog.

Well since he has been a Knick, we haven't had any of those past issues.

Point is that Every player has to find their role with a team and Beasley has never had a role as important to a team as the one he has with the Knicks. If THJ comes back playing like he did before he got injured and Trey Burke's game translates to even a 3rd of the production as it did in G-league then the Knicks will look like a legitimate playoff team.

Season is still pretty young fans!
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 01-09-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I just don't see why people think he can be our PG and get better results. He is THjr if he works out, but we have THjr coming back. It only makes sense if he takes LT's shots but they would both be in at the same time.
    Burke's game is absolutely nothing like THJ game. Timmeh is a slashing jump shot shooter who is athletic in the open floor like DeRozan and Burke's game is a lot like Lou Williams With better passing.

If Burke gives the Knicks a consistent 12ppg 4assts with a couple of steals while off the bench with Beasley, Lee and McD the Knicks would have made an upgrade at point guard over Jack and Sessions because neither of them do that now and Burke is 25 years old and capable of those numbers every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Oh yeah?

Show me where he put up multiple 30 point games coming off the bench for other teams. I would venture to say that he hasn't had a 20pt 10reb 2blks 2steal 3dime game since his Twolves days when he was their only option.

Beasley was usually unemployed because of his off the court habits and his reputation as a ball hog.

Point is that Every player has to find their role with a team and Beasley has never had a role as important to a team as the one he has with the Knicks. If THJ comes back playing like he did before he got injured and Trey Burke's game translates to even a 3rd of the production as it did in G-league then the Knicks will look like a legitimate playoff team.

His numbers have been the same the last 3 seasons. In fact, he had an equal/slightly better season two years ago coming off the bench for the Rockets. He always does this whenever he's given minutes. It's nothing new.
    Last edited by smood999; 01-09-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I know the Knicks are interested him the question is what are they asking back? Also trade can't happen till after the 14th and I don't think the Knicks have the contracts the Bulls want, and I don't feel losing Butler and replacing him with Lee is their future plans
    I just dont see his value as high enough to warrant young promising players or 1st round picks.. I feel like Chicago completely botched the Mirotic situation this year and now the list of suitors has diminished from what it could of been..

I also see they are gonna have the most capspace in the league next season so they will need some veteran presence and some contracts on the books.. Lee is a much more short term and cheaper alternative to Butler so I could see it possibly making sense for them..

I think right now their asking price is higher but lets see wat it is in a week or so when teams arent offering the packages they want..

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    maybe we'll cut Kurt Rambis
    Yeaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Oh yeah?

His numbers have been the same the last 3 seasons. In fact, he had an equal/slightly better season two years ago coming off the bench for the Rockets. He always does this whenever he's given minutes. It's nothing new.
    Only played 15-20 games with Rockets at the end of the season. But I agree, pretty much par for the course with Michael
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    maybe we'll cut Kurt Rambis
    Uh uh.

CJ Williams is another example of how a guys shooting translates over to the NBA. He has been lighting it up for the Clippers... better than any rookie on that team.

Jayson Tatum is an example of how good a top 5 pick can be.

Burke's game is absolutely nothing like THJ game. Timmeh is a slashing jump shot shooter who is athletic in the open floor like DeRozan and Burke's game is a lot like Lou Williams With better passing.

If Burke gives the Knicks a consistent 12ppg 4assts with a couple of steals while off the bench with Beasley, Lee and McD the Knicks would have made an upgrade at point guard over Jack and Sessions because neither of them do that now and Burke is 25 years old and capable of those numbers every game.
    Maybe I need to see more of him, but from what I have seen I completely agree THjr does a lot of things better. I do not see Burke as a distributor. Hell I don't see him as a penetrater. I mean outside of driving trying to score.

I think he is a guy that can get his attempts. Which is not unusable as a skill. But I don't think that addresses or need for a penetrating PG. Hell I think he would have to sit for Ron if we want to go defensive with our bench unit.

So his role becomes such a small niche role it's hard to get excited unless he can score efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    Yea he is legit. I was daydreaming about that today too. Our options were ok at 8 but he was the real start to get at the top of the draft. We will miss out on anyone like that again this year too. Unless Porter Jr.'s injury makes him slide which is as improbable as it gets.

Just think how bad the Sixers messed that up though! They gave him up and the Lakers pick this year so they could get Fultz. Honestly they have been horribly managed since they got rid of Hinkie.

Quote Originally Posted by cssdmark View Post
    does anyone really need to list the top 5's that didn't live up to a top pick?

Hey we do have three top 5's on the team already lol

Beasley, Kanter and KP, in fact KP was the latest of the three of them at 4.