Page 106 of 162 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2426
    Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Sources: The New York Knicks and Trey Burke of G League Westchester are in serious talks on a deal, with the guard expected to be held out of the showcase and an agreement as soon as the weekend.
    The weekend today is Monday wtf do they need 4 days for lol

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Clear a roster spot.
    maybe we'll cut Kurt Rambis

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

Clear a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    maybe we'll cut Kurt Rambis
    HA HA and HA.

I hope LT is gone.....
    `

I hear you. I'm not anti-Clarkson, I just want to maximize value/minimize contract commitment. So anyone making 13 million or whatever, I think we need to take a long look at it and really consider what that means for us moving forward.

Burke is just basically a zero risk option right now, hoping we replace Sessions with him asap.
    We could do something like we did back in 2010 and salary but it all needs to expire when Noah's contract expires or something like that. Trade for Clarkson and Randle, give Kanter and Doug 2 year deals etc...

Develop Frank, KP, Hardaway, Randle, Dotson, Willy, our 2018 pick, our 2019 pick.

Evaluate Clarkson's future, evaluate Kanter's future, evaluate Doug's future. Not sure if that would make us players in 2020 or if we'd still be over the cap.
    Last edited by D-Leethal; 01-08-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    We could do something like we did back in 2010 and salary but it all needs to expire when Noah's contract expires or something like that. Trade for Clarkson and Randle, give Kanter and Doug 2 year deals etc...

Develop Frank, KP, Hardaway, Randle, Dotson, Willy, our 2018 pick, our 2019 pick.

Evaluate Clarkson's future, evaluate Kanter's future, evaluate Doug's future. Not sure if that would make us players in 2020 or if we'd still be over the cap.
    I don't dislike this plan, I'd be fine to roll with that. Admittedly cap is not my strong suit, but I just know we have a lot of money tied up right now into certain guys that aren't giving us enough. Center alone we're at like $40 million a year and our best center is probably our power forward.

I feel like at this point Knicks fans have built up Burke to be some kind of savior all-star sitting in the G-League. Being a Michigan fan I've always been a fan of Burke and think he can bring some real good things to the Knicks, but lets also keep expectations a bit in check. A good spark off the bench is what success should be for him. If he is more than that awesome andI hope thats the case but I wouldn't count on it and I worry some are expecting too much at this point.

With this move though I would like to see them start Frank now and bring Burke off the bench along with Jack.

I don't dislike this plan, I'd be fine to roll with that. Admittedly cap is not my strong suit, but I just know we have a lot of money tied up right now into certain guys that aren't giving us enough. Center alone we're at like $40 million a year and our best center is probably our power forward.
    I'm really just thinking out loud. But I think Kanter opts in unless we offer him a 2 year deal or something. If were screwed cap wise thru 2020, might as well take flyers on guys whose contracts are up then. Develop our young rookie contract guys, evaluate a cast of 25-somethings whose contracts run thru 2020 and see if any are worthy of staying. Try to make a splash in 2020 when our super young guys are hitting their stride and our cap opens back up.

IDK, trying to think of ways to build this team up that don't involve a Philly-type tank where we strip everything down and don't add any salary for 2-3 years because I don't think that is realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by NYY 26 to 7 View Post
    I feel like at this point Knicks fans have built up Burke to be some kind of savior all-star sitting in the G-League. Being a Michigan fan I've always been a fan of Burke and think he can bring some real good things to the Knicks, but lets also keep expectations a bit in check. A good spark off the bench is what success should be for him. If he is more than that awesome andI hope thats the case but I wouldn't count on it and I worry some are expecting too much at this point.

With this move though I would like to see them start Frank now and bring Burke off the bench along with Jack.
    I don't think anyone is expecting Burke to save our season, moreso just a no brainer decision and hopefully less Jarret Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    This is definitely a long shot but it would make this team soo much better and still be a young team.

I'm sure the trade wouldn't go down just like this but the Knicks should be willing to give up both their 2nd round picks in this scenario in case they don't want Sessions. Knicks would still have their 1st round pick and be at least top 5 in the East

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yclfh5v2

Frank / Trey Burke / Jack
    THJ / Baker / Dot
    Barnes / McD
    KP / Beasley
    Kanter / Q / Noah

That roster is best we could possibly hope for as of now.
    I do not believe we have our 2nd I think we trade that away. I'm asking why a team with a 20 yr old pg would give up a talented 25 yr old to play with him for what was offered?

Also as constructed this team cannot keep Kanter, Q and Noah, and Noah is going nowhere and Q is leaping next year for more money and Kanter will opt in, so we can't pay one position 55M on or about......and give our SF 23+M and have our SG making 18M..........

My guess is Q is as good as gone because we will probably lose him for no return next year, no way Kanter is not taking his 18M next year.

And Q doesn't exactly get us the offensive boards Kanter does, and doesn't stop the other team from getting them either.

Willy's value is his age, his rookie season making the first team all rookie and his pay scale, that is huge for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

possible 10 day contract? Not sure if he is getting better offers or any offers because the 10 day contract I available in 2 days.

They can actually word the 10 contract that if he sticks he can get a pro-rated contract for say 2-3 mil which gives the Knicks an out if he don't work out in 10 days or Knicks can actually give him two 10 day contracts but if not cut he is auto signed for min contract/

I'm sure it can be worked out in such a way he won't even shop and playing for the Knicks gives him a great shot of playing if we sit Jack.

Or one more thought Knicks may have a trade in the works which includes a Sessions and have told Burke's agent this.

I'm just glad he is coming here and getting a shot, because he's available to the entire NBA

Nobody is expecting Burke to be a savior but nobody also expected anything close to Linsanity or what Diwiddie is doing for the Nets, and other examples I've given already.

It's sometimes luck that helps a team reach the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Nobody is expecting Burke to be a savior but nobody also expected anything close to Linsanity or what Diwiddie is doing for the Nets, and other examples I've given already.

It's sometimes luck that helps a team reach the next level.
    I just don't see why people think he can be our PG and get better results. He is THjr if he works out, but we have THjr coming back. It only makes sense if he takes LT's shots but they would both be in at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by aNYer View Post
    I just don't see why people think he can be our PG and get better results. He is THjr if he works out, but we have THjr coming back. It only makes sense if he takes LT's shots but they would both be in at the same time.
    I'm a bit lost, we need a driving kicking out PG who can score and take load off KP. Timmy helps but presently he is playing the 2 and 3. Our PG play has really hurt our offense and Timmy helps but add a PG like what Burke is doing or even close to it and think how much better the court will look.

Also Timmy coming back with a guy that can get him open looks is even that much more important. You can't stop Timmy and KP with a penetrating, good shooting PG. And even Kanter will be that much better. Doug will get open looks, Beasley will have a larger court to work with.