Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 105 of 433 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 6482
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    FREE AGENCY not traded...I hope you know the difference between the two. Also, the numbers don't lie. There's not a debate to be had here. IT and Gordon were instantly productive players. Burke could no longer crack an NBA rotation by his third season. There are reasons for that, but there is no comparison between Burke and those other two.

The hope is that Burke can be a late bloomer. Those guys were not late bloomers. I don't get your point or what you're trying to stand on here.

I'm all for bringing him up but IT and Gordon had completely different careers than Burke.

You're the same person that said the Celtics wouldn't be better this year because IT was better than Kyrie and because Tatum, Brown, and Hayward couldn't outproduce Crowder and Bradley. Now IT wasn't consistent enough for Boston and you'll take a young player in the G League because of experience over guys just entering the league like Tatum and Brown? C'mon man. A quick Google search will tell you everything you need to know.
    Never said IT was better than Kyrie... Ever. I said Kyrie doesn't pass the ball or set his teammates up as well as IT did last year with the Celtics.

The season is young my friend and I still don't think the Celtics this year with Kyrie and all those young players are better than the defensive Crowder/Bradley Celtics. Tatum and Brown although not a rookie have not hit that wall yet and Kyrie is known to have injuries. IT is back and when he finds his rhythm along side LBJ and Love, the Cavs will blow passed the Celtics.

Right now the smart money is on Cavs or Raptors in a playoff series over the too young Celtics.

Now back to Burke....

He was national player of the year out of college and showed a bunch in his rookie season. He is a lot like Beasley in that he was a victim of being on the wrong team at the wrong time. Kid is a pure scorer with a great handle and knack for getting anywhere on the court that he wants. He just needs a team to believe in him and give him the ball and let him create.

Burke is not the floor general that Frank is or the defender but his scoring off the bench would probably be comparable to Lou Williams with better passing if the Knicks give him that opportunity.

I believe you said that Beasley had no value.... how does he look to you now?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    It seems as if a lot of trade ideas are focused on "improving" this season and not focused on the future of this franchise. Just an observation.
    Harrison Barnes is only 25 and actually fits our age profile. If Perry pulls off a package that includes Willy or Q, Lance or Lee and the Bulls 2nd round pick for Barnes, that would be a huge win for the Knicks organization. They do need young bigs to replace Dirk in Dallas.

This is definitely a long shot but it would make this team soo much better and still be a young team.

I'm sure the trade wouldn't go down just like this but the Knicks should be willing to give up both their 2nd round picks in this scenario in case they don't want Sessions. Knicks would still have their 1st round pick and be at least top 5 in the East

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yclfh5v2

Frank / Trey Burke / Jack
    THJ / Baker / Dot
    Barnes / McD
    KP / Beasley
    Kanter / Q / Noah

That roster is best we could possibly hope for as of now.

Just throwing this out here to see what you guys think on it, I'm not even sure it's a good idea trade-wise for us, but what would you think of something like Willy+KOQ for Noel?

Not sure if he's gonna want a big contract again after this season? I could see that being an issue. But he could turn into the type of big that can go with KP well cause I believe he can kind of guard stretch 4s? And he's still only 23.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Just throwing this out here to see what you guys think on it, I'm not even sure it's a good idea trade-wise for us, but what would you think of something like Willy+KOQ for Noel?

Not sure if he's gonna want a big contract again after this season? I could see that being an issue. But he could turn into the type of big that can go with KP well cause I believe he can kind of guard stretch 4s? And he's still only 23.
    I dont think we need yet another C who wants 18mil.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I dont think we need yet another C who wants 18mil.
    haha no, definitely not. I can't see him getting that though considering his benching and non-production.

But I get that the salary thing is a potential problem, and his overall durability. Just saying he's an interesting potential target due to his being in the dog house combined with youth, and the fact that on paper from a defensive standpoint he could provide a versatile 4/5 combo with KP.

haha no, definitely not. I can't see him getting that though considering his benching and non-production.

But I get that the salary thing is a potential problem, and his overall durability. Just saying he's an interesting potential target due to his being in the dog house combined with youth, and the fact that on paper from a defensive standpoint he could provide a versatile 4/5 combo with KP.
    I don't disagree with you. But he is even more 1-dimensial than Noah. At least Noah can pass.

Quote Originally Posted by teddygreen17 View Post
    I don't disagree with you. But he is even more 1-dimensial than Noah. At least Noah can pass.
    True, just thinking of guys we could potentially go after that could allow KP to stay by the rim more on D instead of being out on the perimeter. But also a guy who can guard the bigger 5s like Deandre Jordan so KP doesn't get annihilated.

KP is the best rim protector in the league, and the fact is he's really too slow to guard most stretch 4s at the perimeter. So we really need a starting 4/5 who can guard those stretch 4s but also hold down the big centers when needed. It's a tough fit to find, just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeTsGoNyKnIcKs View Post
    what about jordan clarkston?

https://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba...available.html

he will be a nice young player to grow with our core right now
    Serious question: does Jordan Clarkson help significantly more than Trey Burke would? He's much bigger than Burke, which is great, but I just feel like Clarkson is a dude that doesn't necessarily help you win, and his salary is like 13 million or something?

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    what about jordan clarkston?

https://www.sportando.com/en/usa/nba...available.html

he will be a nice young player to grow with our core right now

the home of Heavy D, Ben Gordon, Diddy, Denzel washington and me
    Good Question, its hard to tell what Burke is capable of. Killing it in the G-League doesn't always result in absolute success in the league. If we have no interest in making a move via trade then YES bring up BURKE, however, we have to make some moves, with the log jam at C position. Therefore, I figure that adding a player like CLarkson, who has had alot of success in this league will be a nice addition to our core. 13 Mill in the grand scheme of things is nothing.
    I dont except any of our PG's except for Frank to be here next yr, therefore having a tandem of Frank and JC and in the backcourt along with timmy will be a good look.

Serious question: does Jordan Clarkson help significantly more than Trey Burke would? He's much bigger than Burke, which is great, but I just feel like Clarkson is a dude that doesn't necessarily help you win, and his salary is like 13 million or something?
    Yea I mean the Knicks need to decide if there is any feasible way to build this team back up whilst getting back to long term cap flexibility or not. With Kanter's opt-in this year and KP's supermax next year, there really might not be a way for us to become FA players anytime soon. That decision really needs to be made like today. If there really isn't a path to getting back into free agency, then I think Clarkson and Randle are good targets for us.

We really aren't in a great spot right now. I would love to know what Mills and Perry are thinking as far as long term plan.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Yea I mean the Knicks need to decide if there is any feasible way to build this team back up whilst getting back to long term cap flexibility or not. With Kanter's opt-in this year and KP's supermax next year, there really might not be a way for us to become FA players anytime soon. That decision really needs to be made like today. If there really isn't a path to getting back into free agency, then I think Clarkson and Randle are good targets for us.

We really aren't in a great spot right now. I would love to know what Mills and Perry are thinking as far as long term plan.
    I hear you. I'm not anti-Clarkson, I just want to maximize value/minimize contract commitment. So anyone making 13 million or whatever, I think we need to take a long look at it and really consider what that means for us moving forward.

Burke is just basically a zero risk option right now, hoping we replace Sessions with him asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Never said IT was better than Kyrie... Ever. I said Kyrie doesn't pass the ball or set his teammates up as well as IT did last year with the Celtics.

The season is young my friend and I still don't think the Celtics this year with Kyrie and all those young players are better than the defensive Crowder/Bradley Celtics. Tatum and Brown although not a rookie have not hit that wall yet and Kyrie is known to have injuries. IT is back and when he finds his rhythm along side LBJ and Love, the Cavs will blow passed the Celtics.

Right now the smart money is on Cavs or Raptors in a playoff series over the too young Celtics.

Now back to Burke....

He was national player of the year out of college and showed a bunch in his rookie season. He is a lot like Beasley in that he was a victim of being on the wrong team at the wrong time. Kid is a pure scorer with a great handle and knack for getting anywhere on the court that he wants. He just needs a team to believe in him and give him the ball and let him create.

Burke is not the floor general that Frank is or the defender but his scoring off the bench would probably be comparable to Lou Williams with better passing if the Knicks give him that opportunity.

I believe you said that Beasley had no value.... how does he look to you now?
    He looks like he's always looked and yet he starts most seasons unemployed. This isn't anything new from Beasley, he is a known commodity.

FYI -- The Celtics are actually a better defensive team this year.

Shams Charania

Verified account

@ShamsCharania
    6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Sources: The New York Knicks and Trey Burke of G League Westchester are in serious talks on a deal, with the guard expected to be held out of the showcase and an agreement as soon as the weekend.