Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So one of Callaway’s philosophy is Throw hard and throw often.

Hmmmm

Basically grip it and rip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    lol.

I thought it was all about emphasizing the curve ball.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    You can be mad, but it's true.
    It's not even remotely true.

Listening him last night, he is all about pitchers throwing what they are good at, and not forcing them to learn a different pitch. Sounds like Pelfrey could have benefitted from that philosophy instead of Peterson.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

There's two sides of New York.

Long Island - Mets, Nets, Islanders

Main Land - Yankees, Knicks, Rangers

Our two football teams play in NJ...

However Jets are Long Islands team / Giants are main lands team
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

It is 100% true.

You just didn't do your HW
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

The Mets and Brooklyn are always going to have a connection. That's why the Cyclones are in Coney Island and not in Staten Island. Callaway should've taken in a Nets game. A Brooklyn Nets game. He did a disservice to real blue collar Long Islanders like myself by attending an upity Manhattan Knicks game. Booooo!
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

At this rate Callaway should just say f it and attend a Yankees game. They too are NY's team.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mickey seems to to have the Houston philosophy. Find the pitches that you're best with and just keep throwing them. It worked for guys like Verlander big time and McCullers with their breaking stuff in the play offs. Remember how McCullers threw something like 26 curveballs in a row to mow down the Yankees? Expect plenty of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mickey seems to to have the Houston philosophy. Find the pitches that you're best with and just keep throwing them. It worked for guys like Verlander big time and McCullers with their breaking stuff in the play offs. Remember how McCullers threw something like 26 curveballs in a row to mow down the Yankees? Expect plenty of that.
    What am I missing? Isn't that the way it's worked for the last 150 years or so?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Cleveland threw the most curveballs last year. And Mickey’s philosophy is find talent and design a throwing program that creates durability and consistency. Not sure where you got this idea from.

There's two sides of New York.

Long Island - Mets, Nets, Islanders

Main Land - Yankees, Knicks, Rangers

Our two football teams play in NJ...

However Jets are Long Islands team / Giants are main lands team
    That makes no sense, and you contradict yourself at the end. Doesn't matter where the teams are in the city (or out of the city). You can root for whatever combination of teams you want. I live upstate, and root for the Mets, Knicks, Rangers, and Buffalo Bills. There's no reason you can't have that mix, or some other mix. There are plenty of fans, in fact, who root for both the Jets and Giants. Likewise the Mets and Yankees.

And you prove it by aligning the Giants to the "mainland" and the Jets to "Long Island" despite the fact that they play in the same ****ing stadium in New Jersey. So don't act like you know something the rest of us don't. Because, clearly, you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That makes no sense, and you contradict yourself at the end. Doesn't matter where the teams are in the city (or out of the city). You can root for whatever combination of teams you want. I live upstate, and root for the Mets, Knicks, Rangers, and Buffalo Bills. There's no reason you can't have that mix, or some other mix. There are plenty of fans, in fact, who root for both the Jets and Giants. Likewise the Mets and Yankees.

And you prove it by aligning the Giants to the "mainland" and the Jets to "Long Island" despite the fact that they play in the same ****ing stadium in New Jersey. So don't act like you know something the rest of us don't. Because, clearly, you don't.
    Clearly i do. The Jets played in Shea Stadium and practiced on Long Island. The Giants played in Yankees Stadium. The Jets are the Mets team and the Giants are the Yankees team.

You root for the Bills? I feel sorry for you!

Stop trying to be a cursing internet tough guy.
    Because clearly you are not.

There are 2 New York markets:
    Mets Jets Nets Islanders
    Yankees Giants Knicks Rangers

Fans who mix and match are uniformed.
    World Championships

Miracle Mets

Super Bowl III

Dr. J (ABA)

Potvin's Cups

Clearly i do. The Jets played in Shea Stadium and practiced on Long Island. The Giants played in Yankees Stadium. The Jets are the Mets team and the Giants are the Yankees team.
    That's idiotic. By that logic, the Giants are the Jets' team! It's also uninformed. The Giants played a season at Shea Stadium as well. Even the Yankees played there for two years! Throws your whole idiotic notion out the window!

Because the Jets have done so much better?

You say that from behind your monitor.

Mets Jets Nets Islanders

Uninformed about what? Your personal preferences? What a child.
    Last edited by JoeGamer81; 11-15-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Mets Jets Nets Islanders

This is somewhat true based on my six years growing up on LI. The alliances were mostly the result of who played at Shea and who played at Yankee Stadium.

Basketball and hockey were a bit more mixed up though since the Nets were ABA until mid 70s and the Islanders didn’t play until 1972, so older fans on LI might still go with the Rangers and Knicks — though once the Islanders started winning Championships I’m sure some made the switch.

You did not mention the New York Sets.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast