Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Mickey Callaway took in the Knicks game tonight. Saw KP drop a career-high 38 points.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I knew the Marlins werent looking to move Yelich. No reason to with his team friendly deal.

I don't understand the love affair with Dee Gordon either. Yeah he has speed but he's essentially a Juan Pierre clone. He's decent but not a huge upgrade over Flores and Rivera.
    Isn't Gordon a plus fielder? Or am I wrong?
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

I knew the Marlins werent looking to move Yelich. No reason to with his team friendly deal.

I don't understand the love affair with Dee Gordon either. Yeah he has speed but he's essentially a Juan Pierre clone. He's decent but not a huge upgrade over Flores and Rivera.
    Gordon on an average season is worth anywhere between 2-4 WAR...Flores barely broke 1 win and TI Rivera...lol.

He plays plus defense, gives you plus speed, and is a significantly better player than any of our options at 2nd base.

He might be a Juan Pierre clone but Pierre was a damn good player, this teams lacks speed, having a true lead off hitter that isn't Jose ****ing Reyes would be beneficial.

We need a 2nd/3rd baseman, he could be the solution...he's better than what we have. Advanced stats don't lie.

If they want to move the Prado contract, they are going to have to trade something of value to get rid of it. Unless they want to trade Garrett or Rogers, they are going to have to trade Ozuna, Realmuto, Yelich or Straily to go along with it.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

NY Daily News
    Wally Backman reached out to Mets for job, but GM Sandy Alderson shut it down in curt e-mail: source

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Mickey Callaway took in the Knicks game tonight. Saw KP drop a career-high 38 points.
    He should have watched the Brooklyn Nets.

The Knicks are the Yankees basketball team.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Gordon on an average season is worth anywhere between 2-4 WAR...Flores barely broke 1 win and TI Rivera...lol.

He plays plus defense, gives you plus speed, and is a significantly better player than any of our options at 2nd base.

He might be a Juan Pierre clone but Pierre was a damn good player, this teams lacks speed, having a true lead off hitter that isn't Jose ****ing Reyes would be beneficial.

We need a 2nd/3rd baseman, he could be the solution...he's better than what we have. Advanced stats don't lie.
    The combination of Rivera and Flores will provide you the same value Dee Gordon does. I get Gordon provides a different dynamic because of his speed but honestly I would rather have Reyes, Wilmer, and TJ over Gordon. Its more depth, more versatility, and probably the same ceiling without having to move prospects to get Gordon. Dee can't play 3rd base either. He's stuck to one position.

I don't see a circumstance where the Mets acquire Prado, either. Not with them picking up Cabrera's option and with Wright coming back. The Mets could say whatever they want about not expecting anything out of Wright. They're still not going to phase him out entirely until he decides to retire.

The combination of Rivera and Flores will provide you the same value Dee Gordon does. I get Gordon provides a different dynamic because of his speed but honestly I would rather have Reyes, Wilmer, and TJ over Gordon. Its more depth, more versatility, and probably the same ceiling without having to move prospects to get Gordon. Dee can't play 3rd base either. He's stuck to one position.

I don't see a circumstance where the Mets acquire Prado, either. Not with them picking up Cabrera's option and with Wright coming back. The Mets could say whatever they want about not expecting anything out of Wright. They're still not going to phase him out entirely until he decides to retire.
    No they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MJNetsIsles View Post
    He should have watched the Brooklyn Nets.

The Knicks are the Yankees basketball team.
    **** outta here with that nonsense. The Knicks are NEW YORK'S basketball team. The Nets were in New Jersey until ten minutes ago!

Come on. Gordon is a plus fielder and a dynamic player with speed. He's a much better baseball player than either Wilmer or TJ, both of whom are lead-footed guys best suited for the DH in a league that doesn't use the DH.

My problem on this team is second base, not third base where i can get by with any combination of Cabrera and Reyes.

Oy.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Come on. Gordon is a plus fielder and a dynamic player with speed. He's a much better baseball player than either Wilmer or TJ, both of whom are lead-footed guys best suited for the DH in a league that doesn't use the DH.

My problem on this team is second base, not third base where i can get by with any combination of Cabrera and Reyes.

Oy.
    Wilmer and TJ can provide solid offense from the 2nd base spot. I don't think they'll be that awful defensively there either. Why pay a premium on prospects for maybe a 1 WAR upgrade? Stolen bases are great but all Dee Gordon is a singles hitter. He may provide 30 XBH a year at most and he's not much of an OB threat.

I'm not exactly sold they re-sign Reyes either. That said, I would rather have Reyes/Flores/Rivera than Dee Gordon. The Mets really need Yelich or Ozuna if they are going to pry someone away from Miami. Stanton is just a pipe dream. No way the Mets take on his 300+million dollars left on his deal.

Wilmer and TJ can provide solid offense from the 2nd base spot. I don't think they'll be that awful defensively there either. Why pay a premium on prospects for maybe a 1 WAR upgrade? Stolen bases are great but all Dee Gordon is a singles hitter. He may provide 30 XBH a year at most and he's not much of an OB threat.

I'm not exactly sold they re-sign Reyes either. That said, I would rather have Reyes/Flores/Rivera than Dee Gordon. The Mets really need Yelich or Ozuna if they are going to pry someone away from Miami. Stanton is just a pipe dream. No way the Mets take on his 300+million dollars left on his deal.
    Not sure what Reyes' role on this team will be. I like Cabrera at third and i like Wilmer/TJ at second. But Gordon would be an upgrade. Now, whether the upgrade is worth what it will cost is another conversation. But he would be an upgrade. He's just a more complete player than both of them.

All around players seem to be lacking on this team.

So one of Callaway’s philosophy is Throw hard and throw often.

Hmmmm

Basically grip it and rip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the impression that Sandy wanted Terry to play Juan more last season.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    **** outta here with that nonsense. The Knicks are NEW YORK'S basketball team. The Nets were in New Jersey until ten minutes ago!
    You can be mad, but it's true.
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast