Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

And the next Mets manager is!

Mickey Calloway. Welcome aboard Mickey! Heard nothing but praise, excited to see what youth and analytics can do to this team.

Hope we still bring Acta in as bench coach. Could use a bit of seasoning/experience behind Mickey Mouse.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Interesting choice. Very surprised it isn't Long since he has had the praise of so many current players and was apparently high up on the list internally.

Callaway must have had a very impressive interview.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Don’t know much about him. Had to look him up.

He might have the worst MLB stats for any pitcher with over 100 career innings pitched.

Not that it matters as far as being a PC or Mgr.

Callaway is regarded to others as being wise beyond his years so I'm not too surprised. We're a team built around pitching, it's only smart that we get one of the better guys to curb a struggling starting staff.

I doubt our pitching problems have anything to do with poor coaching. Our guys are experienced and have tons of talent. They fell victim to injuries.

I worry about losing Long (assuming he will leave). This team has a lot at stake with all the young bats they will rely on.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Thank God. I wanted him or Cora.

That said, all the managers were unproven. So I'll reserve judgement until I see him manage a game.

But he fits the bill of culture change, young, pitching history, and played under a sabermetric manager.

Also it shows that Jeff or Fred didn't get their guy in Long or Acta.

This is good news.

Welcome aboard Mickey!
    World Championships

New York Mets: 1969, 1986
    Miracle Mets

New York Jets: 1968
    Super Bowl III

Brooklyn Nets: 1974, 1976
    Dr. J (ABA)

New York Islanders: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983
    Potvin's Cups

I like the hire
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Know nothing about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indians pitching coach. He has done a great job for them. Also has been learning under Terry Francona.
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    Only read positive things about him and read negatively about Acta.

Yet, expected the job to go to Long.

I like the hire, but wonder what will happen to the respected Long.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Couldn't Make The Cut As A Denver Broncos Cheerleader

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

I have no idea if he'll be any good. I'm just glad we didn't hire Manny Acta. It's disheartening that he was even considered for the job, let alone a finalist.

I think it will be good for Harvey, Matz, Wheeler, etc to work with Callaway. He did a good job with the Indians power pitching staff and it will be good for our power pitchers to work with someone knew and get a different perspective on pitching. Injuries where the #1 reason for our pitching going down hill, but even when on the mound our pitchers struggled last year other than deGrom and Thor. So I like that we brought in an accomplished pitching coach to work with the part of this team that we desperately need to bounce back.

On the pure managerial side of this, Callaway is unproven but I like that he's been learning under Terry Francona who is one of the best.
    Marmolololololol

Callaway was the guy I wanted had we not picked up Cora. I'm curious to see who he brings in as a pitching coach or if that will be left up to management.

I'm still hoping we pick up Acta for bench coach or Alomar Jr as a bilingual to better help communication and relations.

This is a step in the right direction, let's see what we do in the offseason. This is gonna be an interesting change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Indians pitching coach. He has done a great job for them. Also has been learning under Terry Francona.
    Well I know the basics, but know nothing about his managerial talents. Like many guys who succeed as a coach he gets a lot of love from players, but their is a difference to being a coach and a manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast