Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who will be the new World Series champion?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Houston Astros

    11 42.31%
  • Los Angeles Dodgers

    15 57.69%
Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1600
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    It just doesn't stop? They scored 2 or less runs in 4/7 games vs the Yankees.
    Does the Cubs and DBacks wrc+ you quoted take into consideration that they had pitchers and pinch hitters?
    They didn't play very good at Yankee Stadium. All I'm saying is the Astro's have an historically good offence. They are more then slightly better then the Dodgers at the plate. I'm not saying that the Dodgers are chopped lover and they could very easily stymie the Astros because anything can happen in a seven game series but the Astros can get on you quick.

    They probably don't, no and I should have taken that into account. That being said and I never seen the dbacks play very often but the Cubs appeared to have sputtered all season and even into the post season. The Dodgers haven't really played a team that gave been a match for them. Not a knock, it's just the way it is.

    Again, this should be a fun series

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    506
    Dodgers in 6
    Lets go Mets

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    73
    Dodgers in 6. I predict that Logan Forsythe will be a huge factor in the series and possibly be picked for WS MVP. Just a feeling...

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    65
    Really weird weather here in L.A. Usually when it's hot during the day at this time of the year, we have cool nights. Yesterday and today were very warm day and night, with a strong wind, that is hot/dry. I'm wondering if the heat and wind play any part tonight.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by leo26 View Post
    Really weird weather here in L.A. Usually when it's hot during the day at this time of the year, we have cool nights. Yesterday and today were very warm day and night, with a strong wind, that is hot/dry. I'm wondering if the heat and wind play any part tonight.
    Balls fly out, Astros need to get on CK early and get his pitch count up in the heat if they are to win. If he settles in with low pitch count will be tough first game.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    The Dodgers starting lineup has one of the lowest combined salary totals of any team in the playoffs.

    The Astros... Years of sucking on purpose, accumulating draft picks, and hacking other teams has finally paid off.

    Both teams have excellent scouting and player development. Both deserve to be playing in this world series


    Stros ride their momentum, win in 5.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    [emoji23]
    Def a downright knee slapper.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,481
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Dodgers in 6 games. 2015 was the year of the Royals, 2016 was the year of the Cubs, and now 2017 is the year of the Dodgers. With Seager back, the Dodgers are even bigger favorites than they would have been. The Astros are really good team, they just don't have the pitching depth to win. Houston's bull pen is nothing special and Verlander and Kuchel can't get all the outs.
    The Astros have a very good bullpen with Giles, Peacock, Harris, Musgrove (as a reliever) and Devenski. They just haven't performed well this Postseason.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    They didn't play very good at Yankee Stadium. All I'm saying is the Astro's have an historically good offence. They are more then slightly better then the Dodgers at the plate. I'm not saying that the Dodgers are chopped lover and they could very easily stymie the Astros because anything can happen in a seven game series but the Astros can get on you quick.

    They probably don't, no and I should have taken that into account. That being said and I never seen the dbacks play very often but the Cubs appeared to have sputtered all season and even into the post season. The Dodgers haven't really played a team that gave been a match for them. Not a knock, it's just the way it is.

    Again, this should be a fun series
    They had trouble scoring in houston too, the first two games they scored 2 runs and 2 runs, they're starters just shut the yankees down.
    I don't think the offense difference is as lop sided as others, though it still favors the Astros.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    The Astros have a very good bullpen with Giles, Peacock, Harris, Musgrove (as a reliever) and Devenski. They just haven't performed well this Postseason.
    They're also facing better offenses. While now would be a ****** time for them to get their act together, they're certainly capable.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,256
    I want the Astros to win. I picked the Astros to win. But my brain says Dodgers. The Stros pitching (especially the bullpen) is just too weak right now.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    11,907
    103 degrees with single-digit percent humidities. Those are launching pad conditions. Unfortunately, this effect usually goes down rapidly after the sun sets.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Shore
    Posts
    7,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    They had trouble scoring in houston too, the first two games they scored 2 runs and 2 runs, they're starters just shut the yankees down.
    I don't think the offense difference is as lop sided as others, though it still favors the Astros.
    Sure but they seemed to turn it around in games 6 and 7. The Astros just seem like the complete package offensively. Granted, I never seen the Dodgers play very much this year but they lack in offence, they make up for with pitching. Either way, I don't have a horse in this race. Leaning towards the Astros but it would be nice to see Anthopolous/Morrow win a championship.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Sure but they seemed to turn it around in games 6 and 7. The Astros just seem like the complete package offensively. Granted, I never seen the Dodgers play very much this year but they lack in offence, they make up for with pitching. Either way, I don't have a horse in this race. Leaning towards the Astros but it would be nice to see Anthopolous/Morrow win a championship.
    It's perfectly reasonable to lean towards the Astors. They seem like a team that can really jump on you and drop a crooked number, or get shut out altogether.
    My problem was this idea that they're massively better offensively than the dodgers.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    34,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Sure but they seemed to turn it around in games 6 and 7. The Astros just seem like the complete package offensively. Granted, I never seen the Dodgers play very much this year but they lack in offence, they make up for with pitching. Either way, I don't have a horse in this race. Leaning towards the Astros but it would be nice to see Anthopolous/Morrow win a championship.
    No. No it would not.

Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •