Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1801
    Current 2018 Yankees payroll for luxury tax purposes: $178 million
    2018 luxury tax threshold: $197 million

http://riveraveblues.com/2018/01/yan...ayroll-164320/

So, if that's correct they have 19 million to play with. If they use most of it, I'm not sure how they use it.

Hearing that, contrary to tonight's developments, the Yankees have not made an offer to Yu Darvish.
    - Bryan Hoch

This story is just weird..

Ya wtf haha. Yankees Darvish recap:

Bighead Kay: Yanks offered 7/160.
    Yu: No they didn't. That ***** lyin.
    Yu: Wait, they did. But I'm not sure what it was, couldn't see the contract due to my eyes. Don't think it was 7/160 though.
    B Hoch: Nope. No offer ever. Bighead and Yu both got a touch of the downs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ya wtf haha. Yankees Darvish recap:

Bighead Kay: Yanks offered 7/160.
    Yu: No they didn't. That ***** lyin.
    Yu: Wait, they did. But I'm not sure what it was, couldn't see the contract due to my eyes. Don't think it was 7/160 though.
    B Hoch: Nope. No offer ever. Bighead and Yu both got a touch of the downs.

His agent probably said no no no say you got an offer so it puts pressure on teams who actually offered a contract!

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Me View Post
    I think the lineup should look like this to start the season.
    1. Gardy
    2. Didi
    3. Judge
    4. Stanton
    5. Sanchez
    6. Bird
    7. Hicks
    8. Free Agent stopgap at 2b until Torres is ready
    9. Andujar
    People are forgetting about Wade because of how much he struggled last yr when he got called up. I believe that was mostly due to inconsistent playing time. If he doesn't get traded i wouldn't be surprised if he started the season at 2nd or 3rd, he can easily handle either position. He plays great defense at multiple positions, would be our best stolen base threat and he hit .310 at age 22 in over 300 ABS in AAA last yr. I really believe he could be incredibly valuable for us next yr
    My lineup to start next yr
    1 Gardy
    2 Judge, he hit incredibly well out of that slot last yr
    3 Stanton. U could actually interchange he and Judge in the 2-3 hole. Stanton hit the best last yr hitting #2 also.
    4 Sanchez
    5 Didi
    6 Bird with all the injuries & struggles he's had i don't think they'll put him in the middle of the order to start the season
    7Torres/ Wade
    8 Andujar/ Wade or whoever they might trade for or sign
    9 Hicks. Then again if he hits like he did last yr in ST till he got hurt i could see him hitting higher.
    No matter how you look at it that is an incredible lineup Boone can pencil in everyday. I think Torres will be ready to go by ST since he's been hitting since OCT. I'm sure they will hold him down the 12 days to delay his service time but after that i expect him to be called up. The only question mark is 3rd base at this point, hopefully Andujar can handle it if they don't trade him.

how these guys preform in ST could change that a ton but i really think Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Didi will be our 2-5 hitters to start the season
    I don't know if u guys saw Olneys rankings of each position. He ranked Judge #1 and Stanton #2 over Harper which kinda surprised me until i read his reasoning. Harper has only played 118 games or more 2 times in his career. I know alot of people would like to see us sign him next yr but with the quality and depth of OFers we already have and the money Harper is looking for I'm just not sure he'll be worth it. If the Yanks make a big FA splash next yr i bet it will be on Machado, especially with all the interest they have showed in him this winter.

He also had Hicks 14th, which kinda surprised me with how much he was hurt last yr but he must feel like the turn around we saw was for real.

Wade can take Toe's bench spot. I don't want him anywhere near the starting lineup on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    People are forgetting about Wade because of how much he struggled last yr when he got called up. I believe that was mostly due to inconsistent playing time. If he doesn't get traded i wouldn't be surprised if he started the season at 2nd or 3rd, he can easily handle either position. He plays great defense at multiple positions, would be our best stolen base threat and he hit .310 at age 22 in over 300 ABS in AAA last yr. I really believe he could be incredibly valuable for us next yr
    My lineup to start next yr
    1 Gardy
    2 Judge, he hit incredibly well out of that slot last yr
    3 Stanton. U could actually interchange he and Judge in the 2-3 hole. Stanton hit the best last yr hitting #2 also.
    4 Sanchez
    5 Didi
    6 Bird with all the injuries & struggles he's had i don't think they'll put him in the middle of the order to start the season
    7Torres/ Wade
    8 Andujar/ Wade or whoever they might trade for or sign
    9 Hicks. Then again if he hits like he did last yr in ST till he got hurt i could see him hitting higher.
    No matter how you look at it that is an incredible lineup Boone can pencil in everyday. I think Torres will be ready to go by ST since he's been hitting since OCT. I'm sure they will hold him down the 12 days to delay his service time but after that i expect him to be called up. The only question mark is 3rd base at this point, hopefully Andujar can handle it if they don't trade him.

how these guys preform in ST could change that a ton but i really think Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Didi will be our 2-5 hitters to start the season
    I don't know if u guys saw Olneys rankings of each position. He ranked Judge #1 and Stanton #2 over Harper which kinda surprised me until i read his reasoning. Harper has only played 118 games or more 2 times in his career. I know alot of people would like to see us sign him next yr but with the quality and depth of OFers we already have and the money Harper is looking for I'm just not sure he'll be worth it. If the Yanks make a big FA splash next yr i bet it will be on Machado, especially with all the interest they have showed in him this winter.

He also had Hicks 14th, which kinda surprised me with how much he was hurt last yr but he must feel like the turn around we saw was for real.
    You wouldn't split up the lefties?

cant see us getting darvish unless they trade one of drob or gardner.

i hope they dont sign him and forget the tax hit, this is the year they need to be smart, next year they have the option to get keuchel if they need to spend lots on pitching. I would love Darvish over any other sp currently out there but not at the expense of screwing us for next years FA class

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    You wouldn't split up the lefties?
    I thought the same. I also would split up Judge Stanton and Sanchez with either Bird or Didi to put w lefty in the middle of them.

I'd go:

LF Gardner
    RF Judge
    DH Stanton
    C Sanchez
    1B Bird
    CF Hicks
    SS Didi
    3B Andujar
    2B Torres

I know Judge/Stanton/Sanchez is 3 straight RH hitters but they're our 3 best. I want them hitting as much as possible. I prioritize that more than I do splitting up righties. Hicks as a switch hitters breaks up Bird/Didi as lefties, where I think the same handedness matchup is tougher. Could go Didi ahead of Bird to start the year but I'm expecting big things from Bird this year so I feel comfortable projecting he'll earn that spot.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I'd go:

LF Gardner
    RF Judge
    DH Stanton
    C Sanchez
    1B Bird
    CF Hicks
    SS Didi
    3B Andujar
    2B Torres

I know Judge/Stanton/Sanchez is 3 straight RH hitters but they're our 3 best. I want them hitting as much as possible. I prioritize that more than I do splitting up righties. Hicks as a switch hitters breaks up Bird/Didi as lefties, where I think the same handedness matchup is tougher. Could go Didi ahead of Bird to start the year but I'm expecting big things from Bird this year so I feel comfortable projecting he'll earn that spot.
    Bat Didi 3rd?

Gardner
    Judge
    Didi
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Bird
    Andjuar
    Hicks
    Torres

Or hopefully
    Torres
    Gardner
    Judge
    Stanton
    Bird
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Andjuar
    Hicks

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Bat Didi 3rd?

Gardner
    Judge
    Didi
    Stanton
    Sanchez
    Bird
    Andjuar
    Hicks
    Torres

Or hopefully
    Torres
    Gardner
    Judge
    Stanton
    Bird
    Sanchez
    Didi
    Andjuar
    Hicks
    Nah, there is no reason that Didi should get more ABs than Stanton or Sanchez. Love Didi but his low OBP doesn't fit at the top of the lineup.

Judge
    Stanton
    Harper
    Sanchez
    Machado
    Bird
    Didi
    Torres
    Ruth DH

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Judge
    Stanton
    Harper
    Sanchez
    Machado
    Bird
    Didi
    Torres
    Ruth DH
    Nice. lol
    But Ruth is too old and slow.

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.