Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Well, we finally got some new Yankee news...The Yankees are bringing back pitching coach Larry Rothschild....

I like Larry and he is great with analytics and old school teaching which Cashman and Hal Steinbrenner love. He believes in the numbers that are spit to him and he uses that with his old school teaching to prepare the starter and relievers to bring out the best to them......Plus he did superb in getting the staff prepared for the deep playoff run they had....Good call to Cashman on bringing Larry back!
    Nick

With Boone the likely choice my only question is if he can handle the NY media.....He certainly knows the game inside and out!

Whoever gets the job will have a talented young promising roster that will be the best since 1998.

What is the countdown to the 1st pitch on Opening Day?

Is there a clock on here that somebody can set up? I want daily reminders...

Dr, get it set up, thanks!
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    With Boone the likely choice my only question is if he can handle the NY media.....He certainly knows the game inside and out!

Whoever gets the job will have a talented young promising roster that will be the best since 1998.

Righty O Captain. I'm on it. Your wish sir is my command.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

I'm very happy Rothschild is coming back. but I was kinda curious to see

what if anything would have developed with riggetti out there

as far as boone handling the ny press this is important to me but

doe's not his espn exp gives him an edge over most of the others in this area

love to see joe win the MOY just like the last time he was fired

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

Last edited by pinstripezac; 11-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfTKigHCd8/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfTKigHCd8/

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Sweet!

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Giggity-Giggity-Giggity

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Giggity-Giggity-Giggity I like when midgets slide into my trunk
    Oh, Ok.

It sounds like Cashman is saying that Torres is planned for 3rd with a chance to become the opening day starter...

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/261899...ning-day-spot/

That will make many of the Castro-haters really happy...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Maybe the Yankees should trade Castro and others that they can't protect in the draft for Panek and bring Torres up to play 3B.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Maybe the Yankees should trade Castro and others that they can't protect in the draft for Panek and bring Torres up to play 3B.
    something tells me.. that you shouldn't hold your breath...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Oh, Ok.
    You've never partied if you haven't pulled up to a party a popped the trunk so the midgets jump out ready to rage. People love it.
    The other really good thing about a trunk full of midgets is if you drive erratically, they get enraged. So if you have a guy that wants to kick your azz with a bunch of his friends, you drive up on them and they get all fired up because you're alone and they think it will be a beat down. But BLAM-You pop that trunk and that trunkful-o-midgets, that has grabbed every crowbar, screwdriver, paint can, chain..., jumps out, basically;y salivating to kill and they go ******* on that other crew while you bang the guys GF in the car.

What's awesome is after the party or beat down, the little dudes get tuckered out and fall asleep. So you just gently pick them up and stuff them back in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    something tells me.. that you shouldn't hold your breath...
    Maybe the Castro trade won't happen, but I am optimistic about some trades. Cash will want to minimize the losses to the 40 man roster in the Rule V Draft. So he will be looking to trade some eligible players either in a package to upgrade a player (for example Castro) or for less experienced prospects to save the roster spots. That is probably the biggest goal this week. I hope it happens.

Castro isn't someone you trade just to trade. It has to be to open up a spot for a super legit prospect or to get a legit player back. That Panik deal would qualify - I like him better as a player. If we signed someone like Moose for 3B and therefore wanted to open up 2B for Torres then that would be a worthy cause. (Andujar is a prospect I like but he's not so highly regarded like Torres that I'd want to clear a spot before he earned it - I'd let him prove himself first and then deal with it mid-season.)

But as we're constructed now, no need to trade him IMO. You come in with him penciled at 2B. Headley/Torres/Andujar/Wade all come to camp and fight for time at 3B/DH. If enough of them play so well then you can start looking at chipping into Castro's playing time at 2B. But he's a legit everyday player even though I don't particularly like him that much. So he's not a guy we should be looking to "dump".

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Maybe the Castro trade won't happen, but I am optimistic about some trades. Cash will want to minimize the losses to the 40 man roster in the Rule V Draft. So he will be looking to trade some eligible players either in a package to upgrade a player (for example Castro) or for less experienced prospects to save the roster spots. That is probably the biggest goal this week. I hope it happens.
    Though I agree with your logic.. Your timing window is running out. I Brian was going to worry about moving Rule 5 eligibles, he should be near completion of that deal. We've not heard that he's close to ANYTHING (player or Manager movement) at the moment... So again.. Don't hold your breath.

Though again, I agree with the logic.. your logic does have 1 Giant flaw... The other team has to agree to your deal...
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast