Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    You're missing the point of why they want to move him though. It is a FINANCIAL decision. As a franchise they simply can't burden the backend of that deal when he's past his prime. So they have to move him now while some team will take it on to get his prime years too. Eating significant money to get better prospects isn't going to be an option for them because the whole reason for trading him is that they can't afford him on their team, never mind afford him while he's on another team. That's why the prospect package he goes for will be very underwhelming, IMO.
    you would think so

but as far as how good of a package it will be

IMO it's mostly about how many other teams are seriously interested in him

GM's never stop amazing me/us plus

I'm assuming marlins can at least wait till july if they don't get any great offers now

If they want to get out of the contract and deal with the Yankees, they can take Ellsbury and save the remainder of the $295 million on the last 7 years of his contract, which will give them major salary relief in the future, though they won't save on it next year. Still it would be a major savings in the long run. Then, I'd give them Adams and some low level prospects. We can even work the contract so that it is a wash next year and the Yankees subsidize it in the final two years with the Marlins giving back the subsidy in the later years. You can even add players to the deal like Headley and/or Gardner but make it so that it is still a total wash next year with moneys changing hands in later years, so they have a playable team next year.

Why the hell would Miami do that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Why the hell would Miami do that?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Pretty aggressive dude. I was stating what the best offer from the Yankees might be, which would be to absorb $230 million of the $295 million, just as long as the Yankees didn't absorb any of it next year and at the same time give them a top pitching prospect. If there's a team out there that would absorb it all and give up more prospects then they should go for it. After all, God wouldn't have made sheep, if he didn't expect them to be sheared.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Pretty aggressive dude. I was stating what the best offer from the Yankees might be, which would be to absorb $230 million of the $295 million, just as long as the Yankees didn't absorb any of it next year and at the same time give them a top pitching prospect. If there's a team out there that would absorb it all and give up more prospects then they should go for it. After all, God wouldn't have made sheep, if he didn't expect them to be sheared.
    Or maybe people who sheer sheep are really pissing off God

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Back in the Winter of 2003 the RedSox landed ARod in a blockbuster deal with the Rangers. But the money switching sides was not enough and killed the deal...

The Yankees jumped in next and sent power hitting 2b Soriano to the Rangers for ARod..

Now flip to 2017...The RedSox are in hot pursuit of Giamcarlo Stanton. They have the resources to land the slugger and have reset their payroll to avoid the high tax, they are now back at 20%...

Cashman swooped in after the deal fell through and will he again try to sneak in and land Stanton as they can now have secret meetings with Jeter and get the job done...Plus, do you really think Former Yankee Great Derek Jeter is going to send a slugger like Stanton to the RedSox the Yankee most hated rival???? He will never do that as the Yankees blood will always flow in his veins....

I'd send Frazier, 3 more low level prospects and eat all of the salary and get Stanton so Yankee fans can watch him hit next to Judge....

Lmaooo yeah ok. If Boston offers more he'd do it. Yankees would need to prob give sheifield Frazier and Adams on top of eating most if not all of the money
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I'd rather get the japense pitcher:Hitter, bring up Torres, hopefully Frazier takes the next step. Go to war with that team reset the lux tax and then go after machado/Harper one of them prob
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    I'd rather get the japense pitcher:Hitter, bring up Torres, hopefully Frazier takes the next step. Go to war with that team reset the lux tax and then go after machado/Harper one of them prob
    If the Yanks had to give up a large pile of top prospects, and eat that salary to get Stanton.. I'd rather they simply sit back let the kids play and simply sign Harper for the $$$$... where you'll probably get a better overall hitter and save the other prospects.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

^^^ Agree.... makes the most sense, something I suggested a few pages back. When it's only a matter of money common sense dictates save the prospects.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Otani should be a top priority, maybe the only one this off season. Also agree on Torres and Frazier.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein

What about the trade proposal Joel Sherman from the post suggested: Starlin Castro, Tyler austin and Luis Cessa for Joe Panik? Thought this was a solid trade offer. Helps shed some salary and he is a great defender and can benefit from hitting at yankee stadium.
    Last edited by yanks024; 11-12-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanks024 View Post
    What about the trade proposal Joel Sherman from the post suggested: Starlin Castro, Tyler austin and Luis Cessa for Joe Panik? Thought this was a solid trade offer. Helps shed some salary and he is a great defender and can benefit from hitting at yankee stadium.
    Interesting... Panik and Castro are both 2nd baseman... Austin will probably never get a shot at first with Bird, Cooper and others there.. Cessa could become a solid player if he could stay on the field.. I could see this deal working for both sides.. not sure if the Yanks are giving up too much or not.. close enough to certainly live with.

Though, If torres is planned to be the next 2nd baseman.. I fail to see the point in it.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by yanks024 View Post
    I really like that trade. I think Panik is the better player and is a better fit in this lineup. Losing Cessa and Austin is nothing.

Personally I don't want any obstacle in Torres path to bigs. As good as Panik is, losing Castro should open a spot for Torres not block him.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Personally I don't want any obstacle in Torres path to bigs. As good as Panik is, losing Castro should open a spot for Torres not block him.
    Third base is open.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast