Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Well, did you all see the Aaron Boone contract?

3yrs and $4 million.

$4 million TOTAL!

Girardi would have made that just in 2018 alone.

So they are paying him peanuts to manage the hardest franchise in all of MLB.

He got screwed!

At the very worst Cashbox could fire Boone if things get real bad and not cost an arm and a leg.....

I personally think Boone is going to do well, he has a terrific roster to work with and he knows baseball. It is not like he is new to the sport. He knows the ins and outs of the game. He understands the analytics of the game and how it is played today. Information is now presented to you in a huge bible and he understands that he has to sift through it and decide the proper decision at the key moment with less than a minute to figure out.

He will be fine......Always remember, you have to have talent to win......
    The contract is exactly what I expected. Joe was making $4 million per year and would have gotten a raise to $5 million or $6 million for 4 years to 5 years. At the time he was let go, it looked like this move would be made and would save the team $20 million dollars.

The only thing that I'm curious about concerns the YES network appearances for Yankees magazine, etc.. Did Joe receive a lot of extra compensation for those, as well or was it part of his contract with the Yankees to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The Yankees made 4 trades for international signing money. Should they now trade some of that money back to a team that they wouldn't mind seeing Otani pitch on like San Diego, who only has $300,000 to give him. Wonder what it would take to get Brad Hand from them.
    I see that after they were eliminated from the Ohtani sweepstakes, the Twins traded over $1 million of their international signing money to the Angels and $1 million to the Mariners. In the Angels deal, they got their 5th best prospect. Good job Twins.

The 4 national league teams each have only $300 K in pool money, yet it would be preferable for the Yankees, if Ohtani went to a NL team. Therefore, the Yankees should pick trade their money to the worst NL team (Padres, perhaps) and make them the NL favorite to land Otani.

I see that after they were eliminated from the Ohtani sweepstakes, the Twins traded over $1 million of their international signing money to the Angels and $1 million to the Mariners. In the Angels deal, they got their 5th best prospect. Good job Twins.

The 4 national league teams each have only $300 K in pool money, yet it would be preferable for the Yankees, if Ohtani went to a NL team. Therefore, the Yankees should pick trade their money to the worst NL team (Padres, perhaps) and make them the NL favorite to land Otani.
    Brad Hand would certainly not come cheap, and I think theyíll use the money to sign s couple of the Braves guys. But keep in mind the Angels farm system is garbage so getting their 5th prospect is not saying much.

If what I just read is true, trading with any of those 4 would not matter. They are all being penalized for exceeding the IFA rules and are limited to $300K. That is not what they have left but what they are limited to per IFA signing. So the Yanks dealing those teams some $$$$ won't change how much they could offer.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by bfrap View Post
    If what I just read is true, trading with any of those 4 would not matter. They are all being penalized for exceeding the IFA rules and are limited to $300K. That is not what they have left but what they are limited to per IFA signing. So the Yanks dealing those teams some $$$$ won't change how much they could offer.
    If that's the case, then Otani really screwed himself picking those 4 teams.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If that's the case, then Otani really screwed himself picking those 4 teams.
    Or he's trying to prove it isn't about the money

You see what you want to see and you hear what you want to hear.

I have thought that this may have been part of the reason to let Joe go....

Still, yes much less than joe.. And how much Managerial experience does Boone have? Actually a common Rookie Manager contract. I don't believe Joe's rookie deal was much different.
    No

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If Torres flops, we have Andujar, if he also flops we still have headley... Frazier just clogs up the works.

Yes, he's a nice guy.. Yes great clubhouse guy... But he would just make 2 people that are in the way for Torres and Andujar to push out of their ways...
    No

No

Hey everyone, long time listener first time caller! I've been following the forum for some years now and thought it was time to join in on the fun!

Looks like Ken Rosenthal is reporting Stanton is willing to waive his NTC to go to the Dodgers, Yankees, Astros and Cubs.

I know we donít really have the need for Stanton but can you imagine him and Judge in the same lineup... only way I trade for him if Iím the Yankees is if they take one of Ellsbury or Headley. I know theyíre rebuilding but do you take 10 more years of Stanton at 25 mill a year or Ellsbury for only 3 more years. Iíd offer something along the lines of Florial/Frazier, Adams, Andjuar and Ellsbury. Donít know if thatís a enough or too much but just an idea.

Youre right the need is not there but the thought of that lineup is downright scary to think about! And Not saying it's likely, but he does have an opt out after 2020. You're also right that In order for the deal to make sense, Jake has to go. I think he has to be traded, regardless of the outcome. I think if you're giving up that much for him, Miami would have to eat a solid portion of that contract, which they won't do. Also, I love the idea of throwing Jake in but again, them trying to save money goes completely against that. I'm thinking something along the lines of Frazier, Adams and say Luis Medina or Nick Solak...

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesfan101 View Post
    I know we donít really have the need for Stanton but can you imagine him and Judge in the same lineup... only way I trade for him if Iím the Yankees is if they take one of Ellsbury or Headley. I know theyíre rebuilding but do you take 10 more years of Stanton at 25 mill a year or Ellsbury for only 3 more years. Iíd offer something along the lines of Florial/Frazier, Adams, Andjuar and Ellsbury. Donít know if thatís a enough or too much but just an idea.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.3684894

Stanton in the Bronx would be an interesting pick-up; Judge/Stanton/Bird/Sanchez would produce something like 200 HRs together next season. The issue is the heavy-right handed line-up that would need someone other than Bird and Didi pulling from the left-side of the plate.

The other issue; where would Stanton play?

The OF has Gardy/Hicks/Ellenberry/Judge/Frazier all as potentials; Stanton is going to take over maybe left?

Interesting idea, would be cool if it happened; don't want to trade away Frazier, Florial, or take on the money.
    Weíre pointing out that these statistics breed false narratives, and we value the truth. This isnít about replacing old numbers with new numbers, or attempting to dissuade anyone from enjoying the aesthetics of the game. It is simply about telling the average fan about the reality of what actually happened on the field. The ďHoly TrinityĒ of baseball statistics fail at this most basic task, and so they are not worth deifying any longer. - Dave Cameron

Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast