Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Bfrap was wrong?

Shocker..

Not.
    oops... Odor, Profar.. both are Rangers middle infields...

since it wasn't profar... I'm no longer in his fan-club.. rather go with what we have.
    My 3 Favorite teams...
    1. The NY Yankees
    2. The Colorado Rockies
    3. Whoever is playing the Red Sox tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Profar would be really interesting. Basically you do what you did with Hicks this past year... He started out as the 4th OF and then worked his way into more playing time. Profar would be given a shot to compete with Wade/Torreyes for the utility spot and then if he taps into his potential he earns a more regular role as it comes available.
    from what i've read is Texas is after lower level pitching prospects from us for Profar and not our top tier younger pitchers, guys we are going to have to deal with because of the 40. Even if Texas wants 1 of our good pitching prospects for Profar, that means 1 outside of out top 25, i'd make the deal

Before Profar was hurt he was one of the better SS prospects i'd seen in a long time. He needs a change of scenery badly and as long as we don't give up anything special if Profar doesn't pan out big deal. Its not like were short on mid level pitching prospects

The great thing about Profar is he has played every position other than C in the MLB and has done quite well defensively. He could back up Bird and the entire infield. It would climate our need to find a guy to back up the corners, plus if we need him to he could easily handle the middle infield and some OF if needed.

He young, 24 i believe, incredibly talented and cheap. If he hits like Cashman did on Hicks it would be a huge win for us, If he doesn't IMO its still worth it. Profar, if he turns it around he be another key piece for us going forward. I would go all out for him, as long as Texas only want a couple mid level pitching prospects. Cashman has been checking in on Profar for a couple yrs now, i would kinda be surprised if he didn't get him as long as Texas price is reasonable. Great buy low candidate IMO, if he turns it around amazing if not we wouldn't be trading much
    Last edited by dayners81; Today at 06:57 AM.

The Yankees announced that pitchers and catchers will report Feb 13, 2018 and position players report Feb 18 with all players reporting by Feb 19.

They have no announcement when the new manager will be hired.
    Nick

IMO the reason they are taking their time to hire a manager is because they can. I don't think they are planning any huge off season FA moves other than Otani if he becomes available. Its obviously was more important to the brass that they get the best candidate for the job.

I think that if they don't get the right guy they really could set back the overall development of the team. Get the right one they could take off on a run like they did under Torre

Regarding Profar, Monday is the deadline for the rosters for the Rule V draft. If Texas wants our pitching prospects, then they will have to trade Profar to us in the next couple of days. It would be a good deal for Texas, because it was rumored to be 3 for 1 swap. If not, then 2 of those get exposed and taken and not necessarily by the Rangers, so both teams have interest.

Regarding Otani, the MLBPA said that they will make a decision by Monday on the posting. They are eager to decide, because they just realized that they are holding up the entire offseason and it is not in the best interests of their members who are free agents.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536