Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    1st it's not a team need, however, he would be a perfect player to build your defense around, so yes. The problem is he's a top 5 player that might fall to 8 or 9 and we would have to give up our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get him.

He's also only 6'1, 225 LBs, same size as Josh Jones. Not sure he could hold up at that size in the NFL.
    we're seeing the rise of some of those hybrid players, funny you mention Jones because I could see them both filling the hybrid mold. I was mostly saying if he is there at 14 which I don't he would be he would be the best available more than likely and thus hard to pass on.

Pass rusher is top priority and likely more corner depth.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Was reading an article that said if Clelin Ferrell was still on the board at 14 that TT would run to the podeum. TT no longer the guy, but Ferrell is 6'6 250 playing DE for Clemson. He's the top pass rusher for Clemson, a team loaded on defense.

I think if we plan to address edge rusher in this draft it will need to be with pick 14. This draft is very thin at that position. The only player that might be available at 46 is Ogbonnia Okornkwo from Oklahoma and my guess is that he'll go in the late 1st.

At pick 78 perhaps we could consider Sione Teuhema the ILB/OLB from SE Louisiana who transfered from LSU. He played ILB but has good pass rush skills. Just looking at possibilities if we don't take an edge rusher at 14.
    I thought Ferrell looked pretty good last night too. He makes sense at 14 if heís there. And he has some versatility too, as he can play DE or OLB.

Ferrell would be a solid choice I would put him as the #2 3-4 OLB right now. We don't need that OLB to be a home run right away and Ferrell has some upside. I would actually love to see both Ferrell amd Bryant somehow get selected. Wont happen. However we don't need a guy to come in and look like Matthews in his prime right away. If we can get a guy to be a solid #2 who can rack up 6, 7 or so sacks behind Matthews/Perry they should be good to go. This obviously seeing him develop to that star edge rusher and I think he could be that guy. Anything's an upgrade from 2017 Brooks. Then maybe look for a Biegel type player for depth. I think Biegel has a good upside to be a would depth piece spot starter. Ferrell obviously a guy who will eventually take over as starter and open up some packages for the new DC.

I think thatís part of the key with a new pass rusher, whether itís 3-4 olb or 4-3 de. It opens up clay to do more stuff again. Clays days as a top end pass rushing 3-4 olb are probably done. But he can still be a weapon, espeically if we move him around a bunch. Adding another pass rusher to go with Perry allows us to play around with Matthews more and let him rush from all over the place, which maximizes his skill set in my mind.

I think edge rusher is our biggest need and hopefully the guy we want is there at 14. I then think we should look to add offensive players to help Aaron Rodgers. We could use a WR, a TE and an O-Lineman early in the draft.

TE's - I like Dallas Goedart from South Dakota State as a possibility at 46. He'd upgrade the receiving part of the position immediately and be a weapon for rodgers for years. Otherwise Fumagalli in the 3rd round. I'd prefer if we could get him with our 3rd round comp pick, but may have to take him at 78. We'll know more when it gets closer to the draft.

O-Line - We're set on the left side from Center thru LT, but could use a RG or RT if Bulaga retires, plus we need more and better depth to protect the franchise. I know the defense sucks, but we've been neglecting the offense for years trying to upgrade the defense and it hasn't worked. Lets give the guy who actually wins games for us some help. If we could get Billy Price from Ohio State, that would be awesome. I think he could play any position on the O-Line, but will likely go in the late 1st round.

I wish McCray could have played more guard this year. Actually think he could be a solid guard. There was also a report that the packers would entertain bringing back Evans next year, probably for cheaper than this year even. Basically let McCray, Evans and whoever else (possibly Murphy) battle for the RG spot.

Iím all for bringing in more OL help, but Iíd primarily focus on tackle.

But I agree with what you said originally. Iím not convinced we have to spend a bunch of picks on defense. Iíd like the first pick to be on defense, especially at pass rusher. And if we like a defender after that, we can pull the trigger, but offensive help is fairly important as well.

Hoping to hear from normand Richard mitten. Those two are pretty knowledgeable

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I wish McCray could have played more guard this year. Actually think he could be a solid guard. There was also a report that the packers would entertain bringing back Evans next year, probably for cheaper than this year even. Basically let McCray, Evans and whoever else (possibly Murphy) battle for the RG spot.

Iím all for bringing in more OL help, but Iíd primarily focus on tackle.

But I agree with what you said originally. Iím not convinced we have to spend a bunch of picks on defense. Iíd like the first pick to be on defense, especially at pass rusher. And if we like a defender after that, we can pull the trigger, but offensive help is fairly important as well.
    I wouldn't mind giving Evans another 1 year deal but, it sounds like he is leaning towards retirement.

RIP Gene Wilder

I like Jackson from Iowa if he comes out as a CB. Kirk the WR from A&M is a sleeper IMO. With Cobb and NElson being gone. He is the No. 4 ranked WR according to Kiper.

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    I like Jackson from Iowa if he comes out as a CB. Kirk the WR from A&M is a sleeper IMO. With Cobb and NElson being gone. He is the No. 4 ranked WR according to Kiper.
    I like Jackson too if there is no chance at R. Smith. I also like Okoronkwo as another pass rusher as well.

Luckily round 1 seems to be a huge surge of Quarterbacks and Offensive line guys so going corner or edge rusher early could be an easy thought.

True. A sleeper to watch in my opinion is Armstrong Jr. from Kansas. His team around him sucked so bad it's hard to know howgood he is, so he may slip. I think Pack may get chance at him in R2.

Ill throw in another sleeper, OLB Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. Made a few plays vs Oklahoma, including that blocked FG in overtime.

His numbers dont jump out at ya, hence why hes projected as a mid rounder. But a top pass rusher on an sec powerhouse...def should be someone to look at on day 2 or 3

Not a surprise, but key officially said heís entering the draft. Probably not worth mentioning everyone who announces in this thread, but key is a guy I think a lot of folks are interested in here.

Bit of an unrelated story, but the Clemson sports information director tweeted after the game that in the locker room after their loss to bama, Clellin Ferrell told him that if Clemson needed a representative after the game to go to the podium, Ferrell would be willing to do it. Most people took this as a great showing of leadership from Ferrell. No one likes doing the losing press conference, especially when youíre team gets beaten pretty badly. So nice to see a young guy like Ferrell stepping up.

I thought Ferrell played well against bama. And a lot of reports say heís a standup dude, so while it shouldnít be the only reason to draft a guy, it sounds like heís pretty mature and a good teammate, which are never bad traits when youíre drafting someone.

Looking at mock after mock and playing fanspeak, which is totally reallistic, JK. I have 7 players that could and should be drafted 1, 2 by the Pack in any combination. Key, Jackson, Ward, Davenport, Ferrell, Smith, and Landry. We should be able to get 2 of those guys, with or without trading. Very happy if that happens.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast