Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I would mostly agree, but tying ourselves to one position probably isnít wise either. If we think thereís a corner available who can be a lock down guy, that would also be tempting.

Good news is this is a relatively strong qb class in the sense that their could potentially be 5 or 6 qbs taken in the first round. That should push some guys down. However, it likely wonít push guys down far enough for a truly elite guy to fall, even if we lose the rest of our games.

The problem at OLB is that the only 3 edge rushers that I like as big time pass rushers in Landry, Chubb, and Key. I doubt any of those guys will be there when we pick. Maybe Clelin Ferrell or Dorance Armstrong but I'm not sold there.

Ya it kinda sucks we have no shot at Chubb or Key now. Happy the season is still alive, but in all honesty, anything short of a super bowl trip will be a waste.

Getting the top 1-2 ranked pass rusher wouldve been a major silver lining to this weird season. As we know, it really comes down to luck of the draw when you have to settle for that 2nd tier of prospects. And unless we do something major in Free Agency, we cant afford to add just a guy in the draft to have a typical rookie season. Our rookies of late have ever really had an impact. Adding some 2 sack OLB aint fixing anything. We need a dog
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 12-15-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Time to draft UP for a key player.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Good news is this is a relatively strong qb class in the sense that their could potentially be 5 or 6 qbs taken in the first round. That should push some guys down. However, it likely wonít push guys down far enough for a truly elite guy to fall, even if we lose the rest of our games.
    a huge run at QB's helps Green Bay. i feel like we wiffed on an elite guy last year. i can say with absolute confidence RB will not be our first pick. i can say with high confidence ILB and QB will not be our first or second pick. after that, well, that's why the first round of the draft is must watch tv.

Saw a tweet from someone who estimated that at 7-9, we would end up with the 16th pick. I was really hoping the raiders would beat dallas and that would put another team closer to 8-8.

Thatís what Iím pulling for down the stretch, that a team like Washington, Arizona or Oakland win their last two games and finish 8-8.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 12-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.

At this point, it looks like our best case scenario is pick 12 and our worst case is pick 19. If we win and the chargers, bills and dallas all lose, we finish 19th. If we lose and Arizona, Washington and Miami all win, we pick 12, assuming Miamiís strength of schedule is still stronger than ours.

Fortunately, Caldwell said he isnít benching any starters. Hopefully that remains true and we lose this week. If thatís the case, 15th is our worst pick and I think thereís a good chance Washington beats the giants, so that should move to 14th with a loss. Iím less optimistic that Miami beats buffalo or Arizona beats Seattle, since both those teams are still in the hunt.

If we win, we are in real danger of dropping since we have one of the strongest strength of schedule of any non playoff team around us. Washington has actually tied us in sos as of right now, so depending on a bunch of other games, I think thereís a chance we jump Washington even with a loss or win by both of us.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 12-28-2017 at 01:29 PM.

12 would be amazing. Anything 16-19 would be disappointing, but still an area where you can get a difference maker.

I just hope Capers is gone on Monday so we can start moving forward. Keeping him employed is gonna be pure negligence.

Wonder where Jackson the DB from Iowa that had two pick-6s vs. UW and another pick in the bowl game if he comes out where he would be projected to go in the draft.

there are some things i don't know. i don't know anything about the current draft class. i do know last years was praised as being one of the best in 8 to 10 years. last year Ted did have a difference maker fall to him. he tossed that pick over his shoulder for a guy of need. he passed on the best and went with need. with that noise screaming in my head i can find little excitement about picking earlier knowing full well this is the exact spot (early in round 1) Ted loves to trade back. TE does not excite me too much based on our scheme. WR is a dire position of need but it's got to be a perfect fit. i therefor believe pass rush will be our very first pick. DE or OLB assuming a 3-4 D is kept. based on injuries which Ted seems to overdraft i could see a flood of safeties, CB's and O tackles picked. i broke down my positions on another post deliberately ignoring TE. it's close to 4 months before the draft. let the rumors and guessing run rampant.

Iíve seen a couple early mocks that have Jackson right around 16. So he should be available and not really a reach when we pick unless he tests really poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Iíve seen a couple early mocks that have Jackson right around 16. So he should be available and not really a reach when we pick unless he tests really poorly.
    Seems like a playmaker which would be nice to have a guy like that in the secondary. Randall seems to have to have them fall in his lap via tipped passes etc. to make big plays. Jackson could be a difference-maker IMO.

Jackson is awesome. I could see him making an impact right away wherever he goes.

Who knows. There will definitely be a nice pass rusher in the 40-45 range. And maybe if you take Jackson in the 1st, then that gives you a good reason to maybe move up back into the 1st or early 2nd and try to get that OLB. Takk Mckinley Tj watt Jordan willis and a few others were in that range last season.

Iím not sure on this draft exactly, but last year was very deep at pass rusher. I think thatís part of the reason some guys got pushed down just a hair. And even at that, there seemed to be a falloff after watt, who went 30th. The next pass rusher was bowser at 47, and thereís some that think heís maybe more of a true LB than pass rusher. So I guess for me, Iíd rather take the pass rusher right away at 15ish. And we can attempt to trade up or stay put for the corner. Since even in a deep draft, the top flight pass rushers tend to dry up somewhat quickly.

That being said, Albert Breer mentioned one name to keep an eye on at pass rusher is Marcus Davenport. Small school dude from UTEP but heís a phyiscal freak. One evaluator breer talked to said heíd be surprised if Davenport makes it out of the top 15. So thatís a guy that might be a name to watch for us.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast