Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    I think Landry is sort of the forgotten man in the pass rusher group. He was phenomenal as a junior with 16.5 sacks. He wasnít that great this year, but Iím not sure he was ever completely healthy either. If he checks out medically and puts together a good combine, I think people will ďrememberĒ his junior season more.

I really like Ferrell. And Iím torn on key. On one hand, you have reports that he left the team to go to drug rehab. But on the other hand, Iíve heard reports that heís dedicated to football. And heís as good of athlete as it gets at olb. Part of me is terrified that heís randy Gregory. And then the other part is worried we pass on the next Khalil Mack.

Either of them I think I'd be OK with. The Packers just need a pass rush rush to save these corners. I rewatched some games and continually the QB has 6 seconds or more! Even the best secondary isn't going to keep coverage all game without getting burned and just plain tired out.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Clark is making a name for himself. Those two are both beasts.

Iím okay with Jackson, but assuming we draft Jackson, it likely means no vet cornerback in FA. That would be a ton of youth with Randall, Jackson and king as starters.

Drafting entirely for need is foolish, but Iím a big believer in draft pass rushers early. Despite what some people seem to think, pass rushers rarely fall. Last year was an extraordinarily deep draft for pass rusher and there was a pretty decent drop off after watt, who was still a first rounder.

We donít draft early often, so we need to take our opportunity to draft a rusher if thereís anyone we like near our pick. Iím not saying move up 10 picks for Chubb, cuz thatís expensive. But if we have to slide up a spot or two to get a pass rusher, Iím good with that.
    I think you could still bring in a vet and draft a CB. we don't know how Rollins is going to be coming off a major injury plus, him and Randall are FAs at the end of 2018.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I think you could still bring in a vet and draft a CB. we don't know how Rollins is going to be coming off a major injury plus, him and Randall are FAs at the end of 2018.
    I agree and it doesn't need to be a Trumane Johnson level signing but get a guy who is your worst case depth guy. Maybe give Amukamara a look.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    I agree and it doesn't need to be a Trumane Johnson level signing but get a guy who is your worst case depth guy. Maybe give Amukamara a look.
    Just needs to be an upgrade over House. Man he sucked this year. Prince would be that

Quote Originally Posted by gopackgo87 View Post
    Just needs to be an upgrade over House. Man he sucked this year. Prince would be that
    to give House a little bit of credit, he fought through a lot of injuries this year.

RIP Gene Wilder

Bring back house. Our corner depth is fine. We need to get to the qb with 4 men. I say we need a good lb. If Smith is there take him, if not move clay inside and draft edge rusher.

With Pettine running the defense now I think it's safe to say they are drafting pass rushers. While the DC doesn't have much say in the draft they don't hire him unless they are committed to his style of getting after the QB.

Saw a rumor today that Ferrell is legitimately considering returning to school. If youíre a top 20 pick type of guy, I think returning to school usually does more damage than good, but to each their own I suppose.

Saw a rumor today that Ferrell is legitimately considering returning to school. If youíre a top 20 pick type of guy, I think returning to school usually does more damage than good, but to each their own I suppose.
    Can help, but like you said more than often hurts, but of he performs around or improves the same he's a top 10 and probably the top pass rusher. Big risk seeing he's likely top 15 pick.

You basically have to show marked improvement. If your numbers are similar or slightly down, you seemed to get dinged. QB is notorious for that, but it sort of happens at all positions.

I feel like your first year as a draft prospect people look at your upside and positives. But when youíre a draft prospect for a 2nd year (I.e. return to college when people expect you to come out), prospect fatigue sets in and people look for every little flaw in your game.

No Ferrell changes the whole draft it's going to create a window for teams to begin to reach for pass rushers. If Ferrell doesn't declare the only 1-high two 3-4 OLB becomes Key, Landry, Hubbard. Key could drop due to characters. Landry and Hubbard are worth fliers, but could present a chance to move down to get more picks and their guy.

Davenportís stock rises if thereís no Ferrell. Heck, thereís a few that thought he was going to blow up anyways. But one less ďestablishedĒ pass rusher helps Davenport, assuming he does test well.

And Landry may not be available if he tests out well too. Good numbers and a clean ankle will make people think heís more the guy who was talked about as a top 10 pick last year than a guy who had a down year.

Davenportís stock rises if thereís no Ferrell. Heck, thereís a few that thought he was going to blow up anyways. But one less ďestablishedĒ pass rusher helps Davenport, assuming he does test well.

And Landry may not be available if he tests out well too. Good numbers and a clean ankle will make people think heís more the guy who was talked about as a top 10 pick last year than a guy who had a down year.
    A few things work in the Packers favor in this area, 1, this a QB heavy draft, with about 7 teams ahead of us which I would argue could and should be looking at a QB. He's not going to rise to the top 5, and there is a lot of talent which will now trickle down.

Now a slight twist from the traditional thinking, but lets say Quenton Nelson falls to us, do we take him over a potential defensive need? Now here's the case, Aaron Rodgers was hurt last season, thus for many in the front office QB protection will be at a premium. Do you want to bring back an aging Jahri Evans, eh, possibly, but you'd rather not. Leaving Murphy and Spriggs to fight for the job. Which is all fine and dandy, but neither seem to have to upside of Nelson who looks like the next elite guard in the NFL. Complete hypathetical, but thoughts?

Another note I am seeing a lot of people ranking Davenport ahead of Key, some are expecting Key to drop because of off the field concerns.

Offensive line would be a boring pick, but Iíd understand it to an extent. Iím not sure about Nelson though. I just donít value guard that highly. I think thereís a chance McCray can be a serviceable guard. Now if youíre talking tackles, thatís a different story. Get a 2nd bookend tackle to pair with Bak and you shouldnít have issue keeping AR protected for a few years.

You can find serviceable guards. A decent amount of failed tackles make solid guards. I would really struggle with a guard at pick 14 when we never pick lower than 20. We need a potential difference maker, especially on defense and I donít think guard moves the needle enough.

Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast