Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Davenport is like 6'6 250lbs, more of a 4-3 end, but you never know.

Basically the same size as Leonard Floyd. TJ Watt was 6í4Ē 252 lbs. Itís not like 250 is a crazy weight for a olb. And 6í6Ē is tall, but not like itís crazy either assuming he can bend. Itís going to come down to athletic testing for him, but all reports seem to indicate that heíll knock that outta the park.

Oh ya im totallly with you. I prefer to go pass rusher in the 1st. Mostly because I also prefer we sign a CB in free agency so we can avoid drafting one all together

I bet Davenport falls to the 2nd or 3rd. Same thing with Derek Rivers last season. Small school guy rumored to go crazy high but falls to the right place

I think it comes down to testing. Davenport might be an absolute freak. If he legit comes in at 6í6Ē and closer to 260 and runs well, he could go really high. It super early yet, but I wouldnít be shocked to see him go really high. He just has special size and potentially athletic ability.

Roquan Smith looked sharp in the rose bowl I think next to Martinez he could be a nice defensive playmaker from ILB. He may go before 14, but would be a player hard pass on the there.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    Roquan Smith looked sharp in the rose bowl I think next to Martinez he could be a nice defensive playmaker from ILB. He may go before 14, but would be a player hard pass on the there.
    i'm commenting on position here and not player but an inside LB inside the top 20? i think it's been a while. the rage is OLB.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i'm commenting on position here and not player but an inside LB inside the top 20? i think it's been a while. the rage is OLB.
    Not very common, but it does happen. Three times since 2012.

Hassan Reddick 13th in 2017
    CJ Mosley 17th in 2014
    Luke Kuechly 9th in 2012

Packers last 1st round and top 20 ILB was AJ Hawk

Shazier was the 15th pick as well. You donít see a lot of off ball linebackers picked in the top 10 for sure, but they seem to start to go a little more often in the mid to late teens.

Iím not sure Iíd love the pick, but he could make a difference. Blake looked very good this year, but getting a linebacker that can run like smith would probably be more beneficial than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Shazier was the 15th pick as well. You donít see a lot of off ball linebackers picked in the top 10 for sure, but they seem to start to go a little more often in the mid to late teens.

Iím not sure Iíd love the pick, but he could make a difference. Blake looked very good this year, but getting a linebacker that can run like smith would probably be more beneficial than we think.
    And I would argue that there's a drop at OLB after Key is gone. Of Key somehow is there I'd say go for it, but I would put Ferrel, Hubbard, Landry, and Bryant next one of which I think falls to the 2nd potentially. However, all fours stock could rise as well.

Draft stock shifts and it still too early to project, but Smith is looking like the potential BPA right now, but who knows

Its kind of hard to gauge what we need right now just because we don't know what kind of defense we are going to be running. If we stick with a 3-4 we will need OLB, another corner maybe another ILB but, if we switch to a 4-3 the only glaring thing I see is CB.

RIP Gene Wilder

Him or DaíRon Payne need to be packers next year. Both would be freaking awesome

Payne is a very good player, but not sure heís a great fit in GB. Interior DL is one of the few defensive positions we are pretty good at. If we switch to a 4-3, you could probably play daniels or Payne at end in early downs, but Iím not sure you want either one playing end on passing downs. And if you stay 3-4, you have at least 3 pretty good DL, that Payne simply makes that rotation better.

I think he would have to be hands down bpa to be the pick since he doesnít do something we donít already have on this defense. I think you can move the needle more on defense with just about any other position besides interior DL, since clark and Daniels are both really good and Lowry is pretty decent too.

1st it's not a team need, however, he would be a perfect player to build your defense around, so yes. The problem is he's a top 5 player that might fall to 8 or 9 and we would have to give up our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get him.

He's also only 6'1, 225 LBs, same size as Josh Jones. Not sure he could hold up at that size in the NFL.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-02-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Him or DaíRon Payne need to be packers next year. Both would be freaking awesome
    I like Da Ron Payne, but he's an interior D Lineman. So who are we sitting Mike Daniels or Kenny Clark? They are 2 of our best defensive players, so it doesn't make sense to draft a DT at 14.

Was reading an article that said if Clelin Ferrell was still on the board at 14 that TT would run to the podeum. TT no longer the guy, but Ferrell is 6'6 250 playing DE for Clemson. He's the top pass rusher for Clemson, a team loaded on defense.

I think if we plan to address edge rusher in this draft it will need to be with pick 14. This draft is very thin at that position. The only player that might be available at 46 is Ogbonnia Okornkwo from Oklahoma and my guess is that he'll go in the late 1st.

At pick 78 perhaps we could consider Sione Teuhema the ILB/OLB from SE Louisiana who transfered from LSU. He played ILB but has good pass rush skills. Just looking at possibilities if we don't take an edge rusher at 14.
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 01-02-2018 at 04:15 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast