Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    The cowboys traded their 14th pick and the 45th pick for the 6th pick in 2012 off the top of my head (our exact picks). Just basing it on past experience as I don't think the formula has changed that much. Chart says its basically enough, I mean maybe we have to throw in a 4th round pick but no biggie with all the picks we have if it gets you a guy like chubb.
    Okay cool. I was just genuinely curious. I don't follow that closely so it seemed like usually you give up more to go that far

I'm all for standing pat or trading back if nothing we like is there. Seems with the run of QBs most likely going to be taken, trading up just doesn't make sense. Will be a few top people available at 14. If not trade back say for a guard or LB

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    I'm all for standing pat or trading back if nothing we like is there. Seems with the run of QBs most likely going to be taken, trading up just doesn't make sense. Will be a few top people available at 14. If not trade back say for a guard or LB
    I know every year is different but I still stand by my claim that if we can make the exact same trade the cowboys did in just 2012 you do it (granted the right guy is there). Or say you just move up to say 10 to secure your man, I think some movement will be needed for us. Even with the run on QB's taking 4 spots before us I still expect the real impact defenders like Chubb, Smith, Fitz, james, edmunds, ward and even Vea to be gone.

Theres a bit of a drop after that so I'm down to give up the 2nd if absolute need be. Of course I'd rather give up like a 3 and a 5 for less of a move up but still securing a top guy. Edmunds could even be better than Chubb off the edge long term based on what he did there in a small sample size and the fact he's a teenager still. If we do stand pat and the draft goes like I think it will than I wanna trade back too. Don't reach at 14 for a davenport, landry or jackson please I beg of you, may be fine players but not that early.
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 04-17-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    man I love fanspeak on the clock deal lol. its so funny how random it is. this was I got a few minutes ago for the Packers draft

14: R1P14 CB DENZEL WARD OHIO STATE
    45: R2P13 G WILL HERNANDEZ UTEP
    76: R3P12 EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR. KANSAS
    101: R4P1 WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS
    133: R4P33 EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA WASHINGTON STATE
    138: R5P1 CB QUENTON MEEKS STANFORD
    172: R5P35 DL JUSTIN JONES NC STATE
    174: R5P37 WR BYRON PRINGLE KANSAS STATE
    186: R6P12 TE DURHAM SMYTHE NOTRE DAME
    207: R6P33 S TRAYVON HENDERSON HAWAII
    232: R7P14 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME
    239: R7P21 OT IKE BOETTGER IOWA

if the draft fell like this, you would have to think the world was ending the next day because it fits everything the Packers need and they are great/solid players.
    I like us getting Equanimeous St Brown at pick 232, when he's likely a 2nd or 3rd round pick. That's not going to happen, but there are plenty of good WR's to put there instead like Justin Watson or Jordan Lasley, so I won't get crazy on that one pick.

Anthony Miller is an awesome player and it's possible he'd be there at 101, but I'd switch him to 76 and move Armstrong to 101. My guess is Miller goes between picks 50 and 80.

Here is my version 14 - Minkah Fitzpatrick S Alab
    45 Anthony Miller WR Memphis
    76 Uchenna Nwosu OLB USC
    101 Jamaraco Jones T OHIO ST
    133 Darius Phillips CB/ Returner West Mich
    138 Troy Fumagalli TE WI
    172 Nick Nelson CB WI
    174 Cole Madison T/G Wash St
    186 Joe Ostman OLB Cent Mich
    207 Allen Lazzard WR Iowa St
    232 Justin Watson WR Penn
    239 Will Dissley TE Wash

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    man I love fanspeak on the clock deal lol. its so funny how random it is. this was I got a few minutes ago for the Packers draft

14: R1P14 CB DENZEL WARD OHIO STATE
    45: R2P13 G WILL HERNANDEZ UTEP
    76: R3P12 EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR. KANSAS
    101: R4P1 WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS
    133: R4P33 EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA WASHINGTON STATE
    138: R5P1 CB QUENTON MEEKS STANFORD
    172: R5P35 DL JUSTIN JONES NC STATE
    174: R5P37 WR BYRON PRINGLE KANSAS STATE
    186: R6P12 TE DURHAM SMYTHE NOTRE DAME
    207: R6P33 S TRAYVON HENDERSON HAWAII
    232: R7P14 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME
    239: R7P21 OT IKE BOETTGER IOWA

if the draft fell like this, you would have to think the world was ending the next day because it fits everything the Packers need and they are great/solid players.
    I'm against these cause so often it comes out as pure fantasy. Will hernandez escaping the 1st round would be a long shot let alone him continuing to fall all the way till our 2nd round pick. Speaking of will I love him a ton but his tape shows that when pass blocking he gets very grabby. My fear with him is he'll be a great run blocker but will get called for holding a ton while pass blocking. Watch the tape and look for that, it went uncalled a lot in college.

Hopefully these medical concerns aren't too drastic when it comes to vander esch, thats a guy I wouldn't hate at 14. He has the size and skills to be a very good edge rusher but if that didn't work out he a great replacement to jake ryan. Let vander esch and martinez stalk the middle in the 3-4.

I would be just fine with Landry at #14. I don't really think it is a reach pick at all. The question on him is if he will be an immediate impact when he only has one move but there are plenty of pass rushers in the league who are in a similar position and thrive. The only other question is whether that is what Pettine is looking for? As crew brought up earlier, maybe Pettine is looking for movable chess pieces. Which would be more of the Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Leighton Vander Esch, Rashaad Evans guys. Guys who could move inside and out. Which would make a lot of sense considering our ILB core looks pretty depleted next year besides Blake.

I don't see this as a season we have the luxury to make a push for Chubb. He might end up being great, but that leaves you no pick until round 3. I also don't think you get the same deal the Cowboys got in 2012. That Indy pick could be a lot more valuable than the Cowboys pick in 2012. Especially when you are talking Chubb and maybe even one of the top 4 quarterbacks available still at that pick. You say heck I will throw in a 4th as well. Ok, now we hope Chubb is everything he is billed up to be and then also hope we really start hitting on picks. We could use help/depth at WR, Oline, CB, LB, and TE. Leaning on the bottom part of the draft for that with a skeleton crew for scouts seems pretty scary.

Hopefully these medical concerns aren't too drastic when it comes to vander esch, thats a guy I wouldn't hate at 14. He has the size and skills to be a very good edge rusher but if that didn't work out he a great replacement to jake ryan. Let vander esch and martinez stalk the middle in the 3-4.
    The medical concerns were a myth. They were based on his sophomore season neck problems from a stinger. I would be pretty surprised to see Vander Esch taken at 14 but I would like the pick. I just feel like one of the big hitters fall far enough that he probably won't enter the equation at 14. But with Edmunds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, Ward, and James all off the board before us, who knows what happens.

I know every year is different but I still stand by my claim that if we can make the exact same trade the cowboys did in just 2012 you do it (granted the right guy is there). Or say you just move up to say 10 to secure your man, I think some movement will be needed for us. Even with the run on QB's taking 4 spots before us I still expect the real impact defenders like Chubb, Smith, Fitz, james, edmunds, ward and even Vea to be gone.

Theres a bit of a drop after that so I'm down to give up the 2nd if absolute need be. Of course I'd rather give up like a 3 and a 5 for less of a move up but still securing a top guy. Edmunds could even be better than Chubb off the edge long term based on what he did there in a small sample size and the fact he's a teenager still. If we do stand pat and the draft goes like I think it will than I wanna trade back too. Don't reach at 14 for a davenport, landry or jackson please I beg of you, may be fine players but not that early.
    So if the 4 QB's are gone and obviously Nelson and Barkley, that's 6, so Chubb, Ward, Edmonds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, James and Vea make 7 elite defenders, plus 6 mentioned earlier = 13. That could happen, but it means no one above us takes Jackson or Ridley or Davenport or another QB. I'd say that's pretty unlikely, but possible.

Then I'd like to trade down as well, but if nobody wants to come up, then who are you taking at pick 14? I'd personally want to trade back 8 to 22 places to between 36 and 22 or so. Then we'd be in position to take a CB from the 2nd tier, Jackson, Alexander, Oliver, Hughes or Davis and hopefully get a couple of good picks on day 2 or early day 3.

The Packers could use an elite defender, but would probably be better served trading down to fill needs on their entire roster. If we traded down 17 spots and added picks 63, 95 and a 2019 3rd from New England, that would be an ideal move. Noe we have 31, 45, 63, 76, 95, 101 and 133. That's a 1st, 2 -2nd's, 2 3rd's and 2 4th's plus a late 3rd next year. Then we get a CB at 31, WR, Edge and O-Line all in the 1st 2 days plus another player, maybe a TE. Or we can double dip on a position like edge and take Lorenzo Carter at 63 and Ucheena Nwosu at 76.

Again Hack, you have to find a trading partner. Other than Lamar Jackson there isn't a ton of leverage there for a trade back to the 20's. It is more likely the Packers roll the dice on Landry, Davenport, Vander Esch, or the corner they best like in Jackson/Hughes/Alexander/Oliver there.

Team needs to be addressed in the Draft

#1 Edge Rusher - We have virtually nothing on our roster here, must add a young potential edge rusher.

#1b CB - I like King and feel he could be our #1 if he adds 10 Lbs and can stay healthy. Trammon and Davon as # 2 and 3 is a little scary given age and injury potential. One of Pipkins and Hawkins needs to be cut, if not both, so we need to add at least 2 CB's in this draft that is deep in CB's, including 1 early pick.

#3 WR - We have a #1 in Adams and a #3 on a 1 year contract in Cobb and nothing else. Clark has potential, Allison is no more than a #5 WR at best. Need at least 2 with 1 in the 1st 101 picks.

#4 O-Line - The Right side is very questionable. McCray might be fine at Guard, but RT is on life support. Need to draft next years starting RT and another depth lineman. Need 1 in 3rd or 4th round and another later.

#5 TE - yes we have Jimmy Graham, but he doesn't block and it may only be 2 years. We need a serviceable Rookie that can block and receive. Maybe Ian Thomas, Fumagalli or Tyler Conklin at pick 138

#6 ILB

#7 S

Conclusion - We need an edge rusher, a WR, a CB and an O Lineman all by the end of round 4, plus additional players at those positions. We have picks 14, 45, 76, 101 and 133 to make that happen. That doesn't leave us the option to trade up, but trading down from 14 or 45 could help.

I'm against these cause so often it comes out as pure fantasy. Will hernandez escaping the 1st round would be a long shot let alone him continuing to fall all the way till our 2nd round pick. Speaking of will I love him a ton but his tape shows that when pass blocking he gets very grabby. My fear with him is he'll be a great run blocker but will get called for holding a ton while pass blocking. Watch the tape and look for that, it went uncalled a lot in college.
    yeah thats what I mean, fanspeak is pure random/fantasy. Meeks I have seen in "experts" mocks going as high as the 2nd round same for Mata'afa. St Brown in the 7th would be an absolute dream. Hernadez I have seen as late first or 2nd rounder. When I saw how the board was falling I was like really?

RIP Gene Wilder

Sports Illustrated has us taking Mike Hughes at 14 and leaves Derwin James falling to 17. hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    So if the 4 QB's are gone and obviously Nelson and Barkley, that's 6, so Chubb, Ward, Edmonds, Smith, Fitzpatrick, James and Vea make 7 elite defenders, plus 6 mentioned earlier = 13. That could happen, but it means no one above us takes Jackson or Ridley or Davenport or another QB. I'd say that's pretty unlikely, but possible.

Then I'd like to trade down as well, but if nobody wants to come up, then who are you taking at pick 14? I'd personally want to trade back 8 to 22 places to between 36 and 22 or so. Then we'd be in position to take a CB from the 2nd tier, Jackson, Alexander, Oliver, Hughes or Davis and hopefully get a couple of good picks on day 2 or early day 3.

The Packers could use an elite defender, but would probably be better served trading down to fill needs on their entire roster. If we traded down 17 spots and added picks 63, 95 and a 2019 3rd from New England, that would be an ideal move. Noe we have 31, 45, 63, 76, 95, 101 and 133. That's a 1st, 2 -2nd's, 2 3rd's and 2 4th's plus a late 3rd next year. Then we get a CB at 31, WR, Edge and O-Line all in the 1st 2 days plus another player, maybe a TE. Or we can double dip on a position like edge and take Lorenzo Carter at 63 and Ucheena Nwosu at 76.
    I think it's likely none of those guys you named go before us and most nearly every mock I've seen would correspond with that too. I'm making that prediction off my current personal mock. I very easily could be wrong of course but based on the tape I've seen and the collection of experts those are the guys most likely to be gone. A 5th QB, a reciever or a 2nd rb getting picked before us are certainly no guarantee. We have to cross our fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Sports Illustrated has us taking Mike Hughes at 14 and leaves Derwin James falling to 17. hmm...
    Thats just a bad mock pure and simple.

Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast