Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    I guess i understand a fitzpatrick or a James pick because these are elite athletes. But i begin to question the thought of all these hybrid safeties further down the line when our safety setup really isnt bad at all.
    a lot of people are looking at James and Minkah as slot corners a long with playing some safety like Charles Woodson did late in his career.

I understand the notion but, some of the "experts" think that Minkah is purely a safety and I just see him along the lines of the Damarious Randall experiment. yes, he did good in some things but, he showed he was probably playing out of position and that has worried me a little when it comes to an athletic safety trying to play corner.

RIP Gene Wilder

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    Yeah, I get that itís not a sexy pick, but Nelson is closer to Zack Martin than Chubb is to Von Miller... but like I said, I wouldnít do it...
    I suppose with our scouting department depleted its more questionable these days, but we are great at spotting oline talent in later rounds that have the ability to move along the line. I just wouldnt for the life of me understand moving up for Nelson under those circumstances.

Comparing Bradley Chubb with Von Miller seems weird. Chubb has more size while Miller relies on speed.

It was a comparison of value and talent, not physical traits... Von Miller is perennially all pro, I would be surprised if Chubb becomes that...
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 04-16-2018 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I know I should be super Homer for Goedert just being from South Dakota but he feels way overvalued because of this class. He made everyone in FCS eat his **** but I'm insanely disappointed he went to the pro day and decided not to run the last minute. I suspect that is FAR closer to 4.75 than 4.55. and he's been sold as a freak. 4.7 at 255 isn't bad AT ALL but he's been the beneficiary of that talent level. Know kids that play corner/wr in state over the years running 4.7. so what are the linebackers chasing him running.

That being said he's fantastic on tape. Just bully s people. I usually tend to not get too caught up in talent jump but it feels like things are gonna be a lot different for him. I'd be pretty shy on him. I'm pretty scared there. Don't think he's a sure thing. But damn if he's not one of the more interesting guys in this class.
    He has an it factor in interviews too, with me its a very gutteral reaction with him. Yes there are risks but I see him being closer to gronk than I do eric ebron in terms of impact. However I guess I must admit its silly to talk about the pack taking him with the jimmy signing since dallas is a projected 1st rounder now. I will say though I think the team that gets him will be extremely happy.

A couple things, I heard I believe on a pff podcast that minkah actually has experience playing outside corner even tho very sparingly in college. Also some scouts have said he may be able to even play well there like ramsey. Most likely tho hes just a bad *** slot corner with other skills.

As far as chubb goes scouts say he will get to double digit sacks quick and stay there. Maybe not a 15+ sack guy ever but he'll be good for 10-12 a year like clock work. Our D could really use a guy like that!

Chubb could presumably play a role like Peppers for our defense but I am not sure it is worth 3 draft picks to find out.

He could be there at 6 potentially and it would just take our 2nd rounder..

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    He could be there at 6 potentially and it would just take our 2nd rounder..
    I know the chart doesn't matter much anymore but is that where you're getting that compensation from? Doesn't seem like enough

The chart was a cool tool, but people are married to it now. Itís a guideline at best, and it can be completely thrown off depending on whoís available. Itís like, if we construct a trade that equals value on the chart, teams have to make the deal.

Indy needs pass rush help as bad as well do. They need help all over, but they have a bunch of 2nds to help already. If Chubb is available at 6, they are going to ask for a kings ransom for that pick.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 04-16-2018 at 12:38 PM.

Norm, you got any sleepers?

Jonah Trinnaman, WR, BYU - one other sleeper on my list... freak athlete, slot WR.
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 04-16-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    Norm, you got any sleepers?

Jonah Trinnaman, WR, BYU - one other sleeper on my list... freak athlete, slot WR.
    Haven't paid attention like at all this year, I know nothing. I'll check him out.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    The chart was a cool tool, but people are married to it now. Itís a guideline at best, and it can be completely thrown off depending on whoís available. Itís like, if we construct a trade that equals value on the chart, teams have to make the deal.

Indy needs pass rush help as bad as well do. They need help all over, but they have a bunch of 2nds to help already. If Chubb is available at 6, they are going to ask for a kings ransom for that pick.
    Even just going on kind of how things have went for trade ups without looking, it just seems like you might need more but I'm not going off any hard evidence that's just my gut reaction. I was jw what the basis for it was is all out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post

This. Not to mention we have 4-5 teams ahead of us who very well could be in the market for a pass rusher. If all it took was to add a second round pick, a few of them might be more inclined to do so and more.

I would rather take the chance on Landry at #14 in this case.

Haven't paid attention like at all this year, I know nothing. I'll check him out.
    He'd have value as a returner... could move to CB... or develop as a slot WR.

I know the chart doesn't matter much anymore but is that where you're getting that compensation from? Doesn't seem like enough
    The cowboys traded their 14th pick and the 45th pick for the 6th pick in 2012 off the top of my head (our exact picks). Just basing it on past experience as I don't think the formula has changed that much. Chart says its basically enough, I mean maybe we have to throw in a 4th round pick but no biggie with all the picks we have if it gets you a guy like chubb.
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 04-17-2018 at 03:19 AM.

Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast