Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    Goedert will be good. But I wouldnt even begin to count on us taking any of the top 4 TE's in this draft when you have Jimmy Graham now.
    Yea it certainly seems like a long shot I just love him as a spect. Is it that crazy to think they could use 2 TE's like the pats have done tho? Its not that crazy of a concept I wouldn't think. PS he's a big packer fan literally and figuratively!
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 04-14-2018 at 06:17 PM.

You donít want to count on tight end as a rookie. This graham deal is basically a 2 year deal as I canít imagine he gets paid what his contract is set up for in year 3. So unless we are going to continue to use free agency for tight ends, we probably need to draft one fairly early this year or next.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    Yea it certainly seems like a long shot I just love him as a spect. Is it that crazy to think they could use 2 TE's like the pats have done tho? Its not that crazy of a concept I wouldn't think. PS he's a big packer fan literally and figuratively!
    ya it would be pretty crazy because we havent been the type of team to utilize one TE effectively let alone 2.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    ya it would be pretty crazy because we havent been the type of team to utilize one TE effectively let alone 2.
    Shoot well don't let the past dictate the future, theres a reason mccarthy is going back to page 1 and changing things. The great ones think outside of the box, you get caught stagnant you get caught dead in this league. You must always evolve, get me my tight end from south dakota!

Alos when have we had 2 really good te's to even try and utilize together. If you draft this kid and hes the stud I think he is im sure its not rocket science to figure out how to use 2.
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 04-15-2018 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    You donít want to count on tight end as a rookie. This graham deal is basically a 2 year deal as I canít imagine he gets paid what his contract is set up for in year 3. So unless we are going to continue to use free agency for tight ends, we probably need to draft one fairly early this year or next.
    Exactly, let the guy marinate for a year and if god forbid theres a graham injury you have another bad boy behind him. I truly think this guy is the next stud all world TE. Its a strong feeling from tape and my gut. He will go high tho, not long after 14 if we pass. I should also mention the graham deal is really only a 1 year 13 mil guaranteed contract if we want it to be.

Now in all seriousness I know this is a bit of a luxury pick but I am high on the spect. Im also real high on dj moore thinking he can be another in the antonio brown mold. thats another luxury pick to a degree. But if im going a bit of luxury goedert is the guy I want.
    Last edited by ShadyGrove; 04-15-2018 at 12:49 AM.

Theoretically we could trade our 2nd rounder for the #6 pick, how could you not do that if chubb is there and indy is willing!?

Personally, if we traded up to 6, Iíd want it to be for Quenton Nelson... i think Chubb is the best of a weak Edge group that played on a very good d line... but I wouldnít spend the draft capital to move up in the first...

I know I should be super Homer for Goedert just being from South Dakota but he feels way overvalued because of this class. He made everyone in FCS eat his **** but I'm insanely disappointed he went to the pro day and decided not to run the last minute. I suspect that is FAR closer to 4.75 than 4.55. and he's been sold as a freak. 4.7 at 255 isn't bad AT ALL but he's been the beneficiary of that talent level. Know kids that play corner/wr in state over the years running 4.7. so what are the linebackers chasing him running.

That being said he's fantastic on tape. Just bully s people. I usually tend to not get too caught up in talent jump but it feels like things are gonna be a lot different for him. I'd be pretty shy on him. I'm pretty scared there. Don't think he's a sure thing. But damn if he's not one of the more interesting guys in this class.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    Personally, if we traded up to 6, Iíd want it to be for Quenton Nelson... i think Chubb is the best of a weak Edge group that played on a very good d line... but I wouldnít spend the draft capital to move up in the first...
    If we trade up for a guard I'll legit want Gute fired lol

Yeah, I get that itís not a sexy pick, but Nelson is closer to Zack Martin than Chubb is to Von Miller... but like I said, I wouldnít do it...

If we trade up, it needs to be for Ward or Fitzpatrick and we can't think about moving up to 6. If Ward or Fitzpatrick fall to pick 10 or lower, we could think about moving up, but that depends on who's been taken. If Ridley, Davenport and Jackson are taken early along with the QB's, then we can just wait and see who falls to us.

Assuming we get secondary help at pick 14 or even if we trade back and get a CB, I'd like to trade our 2nd and 3rd rounders to assure we get 2 quality players that fill needs. Buffalo has picks 12, 22, 53, 56, 65, 96 and 121.
    I'd like to trade 45, 76 and 133 for picks 53, 65 and 121. Buffalo would have 12, 22, 45, 56, 76, 96 and 133.
    We'd have 14, 53, 65, 101 and 121. I'd prefer 53 and 65 to 45 and 76 unless a player we love falls to 45.

This move would allow us to get a WR and OLB by pick 65 instead of hoping the player we want is available at 76.

53 Anthony Miller, DJ Chark or Christian Kirk
    65 Uchenna Nwosu, Lorenzo Carter or Malik Jefferson
    Last edited by HacksawButch; 04-15-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Mitten View Post
    Yeah, I get that itís not a sexy pick, but Nelson is closer to Zack Martin than Chubb is to Von Miller... but like I said, I wouldnít do it...
    Yeah. One of those things you might hate at the time but it'll pay off, even if not sexy at all.

You got any deep sleepers for me this year

man I love fanspeak on the clock deal lol. its so funny how random it is. this was I got a few minutes ago for the Packers draft

14: R1P14 CB DENZEL WARD OHIO STATE
    45: R2P13 G WILL HERNANDEZ UTEP
    76: R3P12 EDGE DORANCE ARMSTRONG JR. KANSAS
    101: R4P1 WR ANTHONY MILLER MEMPHIS
    133: R4P33 EDGE HERCULES MATA'AFA WASHINGTON STATE
    138: R5P1 CB QUENTON MEEKS STANFORD
    172: R5P35 DL JUSTIN JONES NC STATE
    174: R5P37 WR BYRON PRINGLE KANSAS STATE
    186: R6P12 TE DURHAM SMYTHE NOTRE DAME
    207: R6P33 S TRAYVON HENDERSON HAWAII
    232: R7P14 WR EQUANIMEOUS ST. BROWN NOTRE DAME
    239: R7P21 OT IKE BOETTGER IOWA

if the draft fell like this, you would have to think the world was ending the next day because it fits everything the Packers need and they are great/solid players.

RIP Gene Wilder

Sure... Iím really into slot CB/S guys... big fan of Cruikshank... Simeon Thomas, Louisiana-Lafayette, I guess would be a sleeper...Iím a big fan Deatrick Nichols, USF... Ade Aruna, Tulane, is an impressive workout, but heís really raw... A couple local kids Iím pulling for are Daurice Fountain and Jester Weah, saw them a couple times when they were in high school... this Marquez Valdes-Scantling out of USF is intriguing... Iím sure iíll dig up a few more, lol!

Nobody like the Vanilla Gorilla of Colorado School of Mines though, lol!
    Last edited by Richard Mitten; 04-15-2018 at 08:34 PM.

I guess i understand a fitzpatrick or a James pick because these are elite athletes. But i begin to question the thought of all these hybrid safeties further down the line when our safety setup really isnt bad at all.

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast