Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Give me Derwin James or Ridley and call it a day. Enough of the foolishness with our slow and/or old WR and let Burnett walk. He's not the same player he used to be.
    Is Ridley or Sutton good enough to take. A top tier WR would be a game changer. We haven't had a deep threat in at least 3 years.

I think a good OLB or CB is big to get. There are some big-time CBs that could turn things around like Lattimore for the Saints did. Ward being one, Oliver from Colorado could be a beast IMO. But, if any year warrants moving up to top of R2 to take a game-changing WR or OLB this is it for Packers. Say if Landry drops or the LB from KU drops. Ridley I have seen in low 20s in some mocks not out of realm of possibility he drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    Is Ridley or Sutton good enough to take. A top tier WR would be a game changer. We haven't had a deep threat in at least 3 years.
    Sutton looks like the real deal to me. I hesitate with Ridley. But there are so many WR's in FA worth a look I don't think that it is very smart to use our first round pick on unproven WR talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    I'm really liking the idea of Jackson. Ball hawks usually carry over well. Plus the idea of two 6 foot 1 inch corners to pair with Randall in the slot. Although can't deny the need for an OLB
    Not that CB is not a need, but have we all given up on King already? I figured he'd need a year to put on a little muscle when we drafted him, so I'm looking forward to King taking over the No.1 CB spot. To be honest I will be disappointed if we draft a CB early in this draft. We should add a FA like Fuller and add depth later in the draft, like 4th or 5th round. There are no options for edge rusher in FA besides Ansah and Clayborne, so if we want an edge rusher, it has to be pick 14.

Quote Originally Posted by HacksawButch View Post
    Not that CB is not a need, but have we all given up on King already? I figured he'd need a year to put on a little muscle when we drafted him, so I'm looking forward to King taking over the No.1 CB spot. To be honest I will be disappointed if we draft a CB early in this draft. We should add a FA like Fuller and add depth later in the draft, like 4th or 5th round. There are no options for edge rusher in FA besides Ansah and Clayborne, so if we want an edge rusher, it has to be pick 14.
    I don't think anyone gave up on King. We need legit corners. Whether that means we bring one in through FA or high draft pick, we need someone opposite King who can 1v1. Randall isn't that guy.

fwiw though i agree that Pass Rusher should be the idea at 14. I like Jackson. I am less enthused with Ward or Oliver as a first round choice. I am least enthused with using the 14th pick in the draft on Hughes.

If Gutenkunst really comes out heavy pursuing FA's I am gonna be sad we didn't make the move a year ago and pursue Bouye while drafting Watt. We would be so ahead of the game right now.

No I haven't given up on king. Jackson and king would be the 6'1 corner pair with Randall in the slot. Seems like a legit cb room. Still have Rollins and Hawkins too

Really liking that young cat at olb. He seems good prospect to take. Few good options at 14 if a run of qbs are take

Definitely like what I saw from King this year in limited action, but I don't think it would be a bad idea to have 2 legitimate good CB's. I think pass rush is a bigger need in the 1st, but if nobody worth taking is available then I wouldn't be opposed to going with a CB.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    Definitely like what I saw from King this year in limited action, but I don't think it would be a bad idea to have 2 legitimate good CB's. I think pass rush is a bigger need in the 1st, but if nobody worth taking is available then I wouldn't be opposed to going with a CB.
    not just that but, Randall and Rollins are both FA's in 2019, Davon House is a FA this year, Hawkins wasn't that great in his limited playing time. I think CB is still a need.

RIP Gene Wilder

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011