Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Thomas is slated right now in the 4th round but, with a good showing at the combine he could move up to 3rd possibly late 2nd.
    Hopefully get a blocking TE. Not a big wr.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Glad to see all 3 of us were replying to each other talking about different dudes.
    That's funny lol

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Thomas is slated right now in the 4th round but, with a good showing at the combine he could move up to 3rd possibly late 2nd.
    He looks like a good get to me in round 4 for sure. Real natural receiver methinks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Stuckey View Post
    Hopefully get a blocking TE. Not a big wr.
    But why

I guess I really don't understand much the idea that we need a great blocking TE. We aren't a running team. Wasn't Finley a pretty poor run blocker? That was the best our offense has been with Rodgers at center. And he had suspect hands a lot of the time.

If I thought Jimmy Graham was good to go to score another 10 touchdowns this season we should be putting out the full court press. But his injury concerns are starting to become a worry and he is aging.

Brian O'Neill, OT posts a 4.80 40 yard dash. I expect him to be pushing himself in the first round with the rest of his combine.

Nelson tweaked a hamstring and won't run at combine. Will get another chance at his pro day. Have to wonder if it is at all possible he could fall to 14 for us. Not a sexy pick for us by any means but could be the best overall value in the draft.

I wouldn’t be happy with Nelson, but that doesn’t make it a bad move. It’s highly unlikely whoever takes Nelson looks back at this draft in 5 years and says we screwed that one up. The only way that happens is if someone taken right after him is mvp or dpoy caliber. Nelson is about as sure of thing you can get in this draft. He might be able to even play tackle, but worst case scenario (besides injury of course) is you get an above average guard.

I know you dont like the value crew, but Barkley is going to be an absolute stud...4.41 40 and he is crushing everything else at the combine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    I know you dont like the value crew, but Barkley is going to be an absolute stud...4.41 40 and he is crushing everything else at the combine as well.
    we should prob just stop talking about Barkley lol. Hes not falling to 14

Quote Originally Posted by Sdh09e44 View Post
    we should prob just stop talking about Barkley lol. Hes not falling to 14
    Ya, I don't think he is falling to us or anything, especially with his combine performance. I am just sitting here in awe of his impressiveness.

I do tend to wonder where a guy like Sony Michel ends up in the draft though. I would send Montgomery packing in a second for that guy to be used in a similar system.

Quote Originally Posted by hallzi43 View Post
    I do tend to wonder where a guy like Sony Michel ends up in the draft though. I would send Montgomery packing in a second for that guy to be used in a similar system.
    Of course but do we even need another running back. Last year people complained we took three

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Of course but do we even need another running back. Last year people complained we took three
    I think in the first 3 rounds I would be a bit skeptical but after that I wouldn't hate it. I guess it really depends on what you think about Montgomery. Is he reliable to stay healthy? Is he even really the ideal guy to be that HB/WR hybrid type? I would guess Michel ends up going on day 2 so probably not in our window anyways. I know a lot of people are excited about Williams and Jones. I guess I also worry about Jones off field marijuana issues.

Really hope at the end of the day we don't end up with Rodgers and Fumagalli at TE...

Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast