Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2018 NFL Draft Prospects

About that time to start keeping an eye on some of these guys.

Early needs are OLB CB and maybe Offensive Line.

Harold Landry, 3-4OLB, Boston College
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 250.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.67.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-2.
    10/21/17: In 2017, the senior has 37 tackles with eight tackles for a loss, five sacks and two passes broken up. Multiple team sources say they see Landry as a late first- or early second-round pick in the 2018 NFL Draft.
    Landry had an impressive junior season as an edge rusher for Boston College, recording 16.5 sacks, 22 tackles for a loss, seven forced fumbles, four passes batted and 51 tackles. He contributed as a sophomore with 60 stops, and 4.5 sacks. Landry could fit best as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. A general manager told me they thought Landry would have been a late first- or second-round pick if he had entered the 2017 draft

Porter Gustin*, 3-4OLB, USC
    Height: 6-5. Weight: 260.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
    Projected Round (2018): 2-3.
    10/21/17: Gustin has 15 tackles with three tackles for a loss and three sacks in 2017 before a toe injury and other issues sidelined him after three games. He still may return to the field this season.

9/1/17: Gustin may end up growing into a defensive end, but he showed some edge skills as a freshman and sophomore. In 2015, he totaled 5.5 sacks while also chipping in 25 tackles with 6.5 for a loss. It was an impressive season from a freshman, and he was only a rotational player with two starts. As a sophomore, Gustin notched 68 tackles with 5.5 sacks and four passes batted. He started at outside linebacker and could be a good fit for 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL.

Tarvarus McFadden, CB, Florida State
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 198.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.52.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-2.
    10/14/17: McFadden has 10 tackles with five passes broken up in 2017. He has played well overall, but was beaten on a back-shoulder play for the game-winning touchdown against Miami. McFadden is at his best in press-man and zone coverages rather than off-man coverage.

9/1/17: McFadden was up and down in 2016, but he has a ton of talent to grow into a better player. Sometimes, he looks great, but other times, he seems lost and gives up some big plays. McFadden still tied for the nation's lead in interceptions with eight last year, but part of that total was teams were picking on him and throwing the ball a lot in his direction. He also recorded 20 tackles and six passes broken up.

Iman Marshall*, CB, USC
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 200.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
    Projected Round (2018): 1-3.
    10/14/17: In 2017, Marshall has 30 tackles with seven passes broken up. He has played well, but not overly impressively for USC. Marshall had some struggles against the giant Texas receiver Collin Johnson.

9/1/17: The talented Marshall became a starter as a freshman with an impressive debut in 2015. He had 67 tackles with eight passes broken up and three interceptions, including a two-interception game victimizing UCLA star quarterback Josh Rosen for those picks. Marshall stayed consistent as a sophomore with eight breakups, three interceptions and 51 tackles.

Marshall's pass coverage is a very good fit for the NFL. He has the size to battle big receivers and the ability to play a variety of techniques. Marshall has played a lot of press-man coverage and shows the skill to turn and run with receivers. He also has played off-man and zone coverage, showing nice flexibility with quick feet to be smooth in off-man situations. Marshall plays the ball extremely well and is adept to defend the 50-50 jump balls and back-shoulder throws that are en vogue in the NFL. Marshall also is an aggressive, hard-hitting run defender. He looks like a first-round prospect who should be a future NFL starter and a potential No. 1 corner for a pro defense.

McFadden is my dude

I know I've been saying this for like 2 years now, but I wouldn't sleep on wr fairly early again soon. Adams is a free agent (although I think he gets resigned), Nelson is aging and both Nelson and Cobb contracts end soon. So I would expect we take a wr in the 2nd or 3rd in the somewhat near future. and we typically have a tendency to take a wr the year before we need them, so they can have a year to develop. That could be this year.

the idea of drafting a WR in 2018 is so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    McFadden is my dude
    Yea i like him a lot.

Some more on him. 👀👀

Ė If you are banking on upside, length, and the value of a cornerback who can possibly match the Mike Evans and Dez Bryant receivers of the world in the red zone, McFadden is your guy. He is a jump ball eraser. His calling card is at the LOS in Press because of his superb length, but he also has the athleticism and COD skills to mirror in off man coverage. If he continues to develop his overall game, technique, and timing, donít be surprised if he ends up becoming a player similar to Xavier Rhodes. His upside gives him a slight edge over Alexander, but there is little to no gap because the latter is a plug and play starter inside or out.

I like Landry a lot and could see him being a very solid player in the NFL.
    Being a BC fan the past handful of years has been rough, but he has been one of the few bright spots to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hughest4 View Post
    I like Landry a lot and could see him being a very solid player in the NFL.
    Being a BC fan the past handful of years has been rough, but he has been one of the few bright spots to watch.
    I am an fsu fan. We play eachother friday lol. Get a good look at some of these guys.
    I like fsu pass rusher Josh Sweat too. Will prob be a 2nd rounder

Also WR Auden Tate. Hes been crazy good this year, without his starting QB. 6 ft 5 225. Hes a real solid prospect but probably wont pass the top 5-7 WRs of this class
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 10-24-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Here are some names I like regardless of round at this point

RB=Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman, Jarvion Franklin
    WR=Cortland Sutton, Simmie Cobbs, David Sills, Jester Weah
    TE=Mike Gesicki, Troy Fumagalli
    OL=Quenton Nelson, Billy Price, Tyrell Cosby, Larry Allen Jr.
    DL=Bradley Chubb, Duke Ejofor (edge possibly)
    LB=Jaylon Ferguson (edge), Josh Sweat (edge), Tegray Scales, Roquan Smith
    CB= Kieth Tolliver, Carleton Davis

I don't like rankings guys to much at this point outside of broad generalizations top 20/first 2 rounds/late round pick/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jay87shot View Post
    Here are some names I like regardless of round at this point

RB=Ronald Jones, Royce Freeman, Jarvion Franklin
    WR=Cortland Sutton, Simmie Cobbs, David Sills, Jester Weah
    TE=Mike Gesicki, Troy Fumagalli
    OL=Quenton Nelson, Billy Price, Tyrell Cosby, Larry Allen Jr.
    DL=Bradley Chubb, Duke Ejofor (edge possibly)
    LB=Jaylon Ferguson (edge), Josh Sweat (edge), Tegray Scales, Roquan Smith
    CB= Kieth Tolliver, Carleton Davis

I don't like rankings guys to much at this point outside of broad generalizations top 20/first 2 rounds/late round pick/etc.
    Really like Chubb. Hes just a bully out there. We need a pass rusher with some chippiness and some attitude.
    Id love to see us go Pass Rusher with 2 of the first 4 picks.

I like TE Dallas Goedert out of South Dakota State!!

For what itís worth, as it sits right now, we are in line for the 19th pick. Thatís the worst pick for any of the 5-5 teams since weíve had the strongest schedule of the 5-5 teams (according to opponent winning percentage). 5-5 teams pick between 16-19. That being said, 4-6 teams are picking 7-15. So a top 10 or so pick is still probably in reach. Unfortunately, Iím guessing our opponent winning percentage will be pretty high (Cleveland and Tampa will drag it done, but Pitt, Carolina and minn will for sure bring it up. Detroit is probably at worst .500). So good news is we have a shot at a high pick, but bad news is we will probably lose tiebreakers to most teams who share the same record as us.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    For what itís worth, as it sits right now, we are in line for the 19th pick. Thatís the worst pick for any of the 5-5 teams since weíve had the strongest schedule of the 5-5 teams (according to opponent winning percentage). 5-5 teams pick between 16-19. That being said, 4-6 teams are picking 7-15. So a top 10 or so pick is still probably in reach. Unfortunately, Iím guessing our opponent winning percentage will be pretty high (Cleveland and Tampa will drag it done, but Pitt, Carolina and minn will for sure bring it up. Detroit is probably at worst .500). So good news is we have a shot at a high pick, but bad news is we will probably lose tiebreakers to most teams who share the same record as us.
    I just hope we are in a position to get a top ranked pass rusher. The walterfootball mock has given us Dorance Armstrong from Kansas for the last 2 months. Hes a beast. Still like Landry from Bc too.

Key and Chubb will most likely be the top 2 pass rushers off the board, prob top 10. Chubb is so chippy. Idk if hes better fit for a 4-3 but hes got the capability to be that feared pass rusher a SB contender needs.
    Last edited by Sdh09e44; 11-22-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Key could be interesting. He has some off the field things that could drop him some.

So assuming we draft somewhere 15-25 here is a rough guess of what I would do.

1)Courtland Sutton-6'4 and fast, I could see him being a top 10 pick by a team who falls in love with workouts. Aaron needs a true deep threat.
    2)G Billy Price- We need a guard to take Evans spot Price is a Packers type lineman (I think)
    3)TE/FB/Weapon Jaylen Samuels I'm not sure what he is other than a mismatch.
    4)OLB Byron Cowart Don't know much about him
    5)TE Dunham Smythe We could lose all our TE so we need some bodies.
    6)T Ike Botteger Depth
    7)ILB/OLB Jack Cichy Homer pick, could be a Borland-esqe type player.

I think we need OLB first, our QB pressure is almost zero.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast