Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Fight heard round the NBA..

So nobody started a thread on this?

And I think one of them has to go one way or another... it's sad to say but once blows are thrown and someone is in the hospital not many times good things accrue afterwards. Especially if chemistry was our issue previously. This situation will only make matters worse..

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ballerkingn2 View Post
    So nobody started a thread on this?

And I think one of them has to go one way or another... it's sad to say but once blows are thrown and someone is in the hospital not many times good things accrue afterwards. Especially if chemistry was our issue previously. This situation will only make matters worse..

Thoughts?
    They won't let anyone go.

Even if this fight never happened, they're not even close to being an average team...

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

They should have never re-signed Niko in the first place. I blame this all on Gar.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    They should have never re-signed Niko in the first place. I blame this all on Gar.
    This x infinity

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Hypothetically. I was thinking if i was niko i would demand a release from this team. There is no circumstamce where you should be forced to work with a coworker who physically assulted you to the point u were put into the hospital.

Honestly i don't care either way. I don't need him or portis on this team. Neither have much of a future in the nba.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    They won't let anyone go.

Even if this fight never happened, they're not even close to being an average team...
    Well they should think about it. Because the environment can become toxic and you don't want to damage young players perception of the culture and expectations put of them. Now now sure where but I would be looking for a new team for bobby like you can't punch a teammate like that. Pushing is the worst but a ball fist in a teammate face is a super no no.. Like I like bobby but he can go.

And as soft mentality Niko has displayed over his tenure it will be hard for me to imagine him bouncing back positively especially if bobby is still on the team imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Hypothetically. I was thinking if i was niko i would demand a release from this team. There is no circumstamce where you should be forced to work with a coworker who physically assulted you to the point u were put into the hospital.

Honestly i don't care either way. I don't need him or portis on this team. Neither have much of a future in the nba.
    I remember when Michael Westbrook beat the crap out of Stephen Davis in Training Camp. Right in front of the media he started bombing on Davis, ****ed his face all up. Davis was close to pressing charges.

In this case it seems like Niko just barked up the wrong tree but it should be reconcilable and he should have learned his lesson.

Trade Niko, release Portis ... either way. This team is bad enough, piss poor leadership, no chance in Chicago until Paxon and Foreman are gone.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Trade Niko, release Portis ... either way. This team is bad enough, piss poor leadership, no chance in Chicago until Paxon and Foreman are gone.
    Lauri will overcome their ineptitude to a degree if he is as good as we are hoping. But, the overall construction of a roster to win a ring is extremely difficult no matter who you have running the FO. I worry mostly not about their drafting or signing FAs, but about who they hire as the next head coach once Hoiberg is gone.

Why are people so eager and willing to just dump Portis? I think at the very worst, he's a very capable rotational player. At best, possibly a solid starter. He brings toughness, is young, and has a decent offensive game. He's a solid rebounder and you can tell he works on his game/body. You're just going to dump him because Niko started something he couldn't finish? Niko's a bum.