Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Patrice Bergeron

Kind of slow around here these days so I want to make a thread to see what the general NHL fan thinks of Patrice Bergeron. I feel like he’s been a very under the radar player among the general population. He doesn’t get the media notoriety that a lot of the superstars around the league get, but this guy has to be a Hall of Famer. He might be the greatest 2 way forward of all time and I think he is very under appreciated based on what he’s brought to the game. I always found it interesting how much attention Toews gets, but Bergeron never really got that. Just interested to get some thoughts on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

HOFer in my books. Maybe not the flashiest of players, but a great two way player and warrior. Won't ever forget the playoffs where he played through a punctured lung and broken ribs amongst other injuries.

WJC, World Championship, 2xOlympic Gold, Stanley Cup, 4X Selke (tied for most ever)

1st ballot HOFer.

The Lost Boys of PSD

I think Bergy gets a lot more attention then he used to. He kind of flies under the radar because he has guys like Marchand & Pastrnak here piling up huge numbers. IMO (and of course I'm a B's fan), Bergeron will go down as one of the greatest Bruins of all time with guys like Orr/Neely/Bourque. I'm not a big fan of retiring numbers, but his needs to go up the season after he retires.

For me the thing with Bergeron who he is away from the ice, the guy is just a good all around guy. If I ever have a kid that wants to play hockey, I'll preach Patrice Bergeron as the way to play the game. I don't care the cost of tickets, but I when tickets go on sale for his last game, I'm going and I don't care the cost.

Come Join Us In The NHL Forum

Quote Originally Posted by homie564 View Post
    Kind of slow around here these days so I want to make a thread to see what the general NHL fan thinks of Patrice Bergeron. I feel like he’s been a very under the radar player among the general population. He doesn’t get the media notoriety that a lot of the superstars around the league get, but this guy has to be a Hall of Famer. He might be the greatest 2 way forward of all time and I think he is very under appreciated based on what he’s brought to the game. I always found it interesting how much attention Toews gets, but Bergeron never really got that. Just interested to get some thoughts on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Hawks string of championships/dominance recently plays a lot into that kind of talk, especially with how he and Kane have been so dominant. I always hate seeing Bergeron lace them up when the Bruins play the Capitals, he's as tough as they come.

Great player. Doesn’t fly under the radar to people that know the game but yeah, in general he doesn’t get a ton of love because he doesn’t put up 40-50 goals or 90-100 points. He does a ton of little things that win games (faceoffs, penalty kill, puck protection, great along the boards, take a hit to make a play, sacrifice his body, etc) and those thimgs usually go unnoticed to the average fan.

Him and Toews are similar but like somebody said, the Hawks have won a lot not too mention Toews was always heavily involved internationally with Canada as far as scoring big goals, shootout goals, etc. so he was basically looked at as a Mark Messier type player right from the time he was a teenager.