Follow us on Twitter

Exclamation Game 2: Cavs at Bucks 6PM

Friday, Oct. 20, 2017 7:00 PM ET
    BMO Harris Bradley Center Milwaukee, WI
    National: ESPN
    Local: FSO, FSWIS
    Radio: WTAM 1100 / 100.7 WMMS / 87.7 FM (ESP), AM 620 WTMJ

Refs suck tonight!

I hate to overreact to one game against the best team in the east, but that game was a wild disappointment. Giannis is basically the team. Everything revolves around him and it's disappointing.

I hate that our management seems to continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. We focus only on talent accumulation and don't look at roster construction at all. We pay tony snell a wild sum of money, and a similar player is already on the roster. You can't have snell, Brogdon and delly as your primary guards. There's no explosion from that group. They are all fine players, but they all should be playing with a lead guard who can score and defend quicker players.

And we continue to overpay marginal talent. We have 3 bad contracts on the roster. We should have a 4th, but someone was dumb enough to take on plumlee. And time will tell, but I'm not sure that snells contract will age all that well. And the worst part about it is most fans knew immediately that Henson, delly and Plummer were bad deals. Interestingly enough, a lot of fans and a chunk of NBA writers actually loved the Telly deal. And I know I wasn't a fan of the snell deal, but others thought it was good or at least okay. But all in all, even casual fans could tell that at least 3 of our 4 or 5 bad deals were going to end poorly and yet we still did them.

And we all knew our guard play was weak last year. And what did we do this offseason to change that? Nothing. We brought in a 2nd round pick. We resigned snell and did some reason resigned an old, basically useless Jason terry. We dint even take chances on young guys. At least a team like Dallas uses their last roster spots to take a chance on guys like Seth curry and yogi Farrell. We use ours on Jason terry and try to sign Richard Jefferson.

The team was outrebounded 44 to 30. They committed 17 fouls versus 10 for the Cavs. The shooting was not that bad, except 0-5 on threes for Midz, and they actually had fewer turnovers.
    It looked like the Cavs were running a layup drill in the second half of highlights.
    The hope for improvement would seem to be a mid season trade, since waiting for Jabari to replace Mirza will be so long. Not sure how much team defense will improve.

im still on the chandler and bledsoe for jabari henson and 1st trade. lol

Where Becoming a Legend Happens.
    @ChrisWagner87

Horst better not waste Giannis 4 years here. He better get a blockbuster trade going soon enough here. Time to cough up all our future first's and whatever to get it done. I'd even trade for old guys Conley, Gasol package if Grizzlies stumble. Or go after Bledsoe and Jordan. Or go after CJ. But doubt Blazers trade him. So far Middleton and Maker looked rusty. Delly and Henson resorted back to trash. Jet got a lot of minutes and did nothing. Should be giving Vaughn and Brown those minutes. Moose is only decent guy off the bench.

We have to keep moose. hes looks determined to win. I dont want to give up on midds so early but man does his shot suck so far. still would rather keep him tho. hopefully some shots start falling and the minutes henson is getting turns into him getting traded

@ChrisWagner87

Middleton is to streaky for me. I liked him coming over in the Jennings trade with Knight. But back then he was on his second round pick rookie contract. I want him gone before his contract is up. He's no legit #2 option. I'd say nah to Chandler now. He's pretty much just collecting a paycheck now. Slow plodder. I'd consider Bledsoe and Dudley though.

Clippers put out feelers on Jordan this summer. Id see about midseason if they blow it up. Even though they paid Blake a ton to win. Jordan would clear up our rebounding and clog up the paint for us. And be a nice pnr guy with Brogdon. Giannis can flip him lobs all day. But we'd need a secured extension if we trade for him.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dub View Post
    We have to keep moose. hes looks determined to win. I dont want to give up on midds so early but man does his shot suck so far. still would rather keep him tho. hopefully some shots start falling and the minutes henson is getting turns into him getting traded
    Moose is a nice expiring contract. But his game is old school and we have to change our offense once he enters the game. But he's a decent option for scoring off the bench since our team sucks. Giannis only bright spot for the roster. Little bit of Brogdon if he played SG. Rest of the team can be trade bait.

Yeah only two games in. But our roster was flawed before season started. We all knew right away Brogdon and Delly to slow footed for PG's. Brogdon should be SG. Jet is to old. Brown and Vaughn should get all the back up combo guard minutes. We need a PG and a center. Also Maker hands are very bad. Ervin "Stone hands" Johnson bad. To clumsy and to skinny yet. Gets moved around to easily in the paint. Also lousy rebounder.

Only bright spot for him is his 3 point shooting if he makes them and occasion block or two. Also we squander our cap on average guys. Sad our only hope for support to Giannis is Parker yet to injury prone and big payday possibly in the near future. So for untouchable would be Giannis.

Then next tier be to keep Brogdon at SG. Keep Parker on the cheap or flipped for another star when healthy. But yeah purge the roster for 2 more star players to help Giannis right now. Guess I got spoiled seeing other trades for scraps this summer.

I guess that's the biggest issue. We don't have a lot of guys who have much value. Giannis isn't getting moved. But other than that, our roster doesn't have a bunch of valuable guys. We need a number 2 star, but don't have the ammo to really get one. Parker is our only hope.

Take the Bledsoe trade everyone brings up. Bledsoe is a nice player, but he's not really a number two either. I mean, assuming it's Parker, Henson and delly plus a future first for Bledsoe and chandler, which is probably the bare minimum. There's probably a chance that thon or Brogdon may have to be involved. But let's assume they aren't. Here's your lineup:

Bledsoe/Brogdon
    Snell/brogdon/jet
    Middleton/mirza
    Giannis/thon/Wilson
    Chandler/moose

Is that team really better than Boston or Cleveland? To me, that's a no. I'm not sure that team is significantly better than Washington or Toronto. And that's not even factoring in the fact that Bledsoe has a fairly extensive injury history and that we have no depth and gave up our draft pick.

Sabonis and bad contract of Oladipo for PG13. Then Butler and a pick swap for LaVine with ACL injury and draft bust Dunn. That's scraps. Melo for bad contract of Kantor. We could of had any of them guys. Yeah I agree if it took Parker and whatever for Bledsoe. Its a lateral move where we stay about the same. Other then get out of paying Parker 5/$148M. My suggestion is part with future firsts. Were playoffs here on out. Horst needs to work his magic this trade deadline. We better see second round of the playoffs.

even though we have the same team pretty much some of the players may still be going through role shifts as the talent changes. it might take a couple games. im thinking if we can stay a few games over 500 and then get jabari back slowly til the playoffs we could crush it once we get there.
    also, it seems like they are playing mirza and henson a ton more than last season from the games ive seen at least. im guessing showcasing henson and hopeing mirza actually can catch some fire. either way im really just hopeing to stick to the course and dump at least one of them. if we can get another star great but our team should be fine once were pumping on all cylinders.
    not saying we dont still need a pg or c. just saying im not getting too worried quite yet. i hope henson is gone sooner rather than later

@ChrisWagner87

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Sabonis and bad contract of Oladipo for PG13. Then Butler and a pick swap for LaVine with ACL injury and draft bust Dunn. That's scraps. Melo for bad contract of Kantor. We could of had any of them guys. Yeah I agree if it took Parker and whatever for Bledsoe. Its a lateral move where we stay about the same. Other then get out of paying Parker 5/$148M. My suggestion is part with future firsts. Were playoffs here on out. Horst needs to work his magic this trade deadline. We better see second round of the playoffs.
    Paul George is an upcoming free agent. There's very few places that George would consider signing long term, Milwaukee is not one of them. It would have been a foolish trade for us. It was a one year deal for us. Indiana had no leverage. It would have been a bad deal for us and could turn out to be a bad deal for okc.

You may have thought the jimmy butler deal was lite, but they moved up 9 spots in the draft. Got a 2nd year player who was the 5th pick in the draft (who they allegedly loved in that draft) and a good upside young player. For a rebuilding team, we couldn't have offered anything close to that. Maybe a package around Parker could have started it, but who knows.

And why would we want melo. He's trash and not a team guy.

Of all those guys, butler was probably the only one you could have been angry about is butler. It's possible that Parker, Brogdon and maybe picks could have gotten that trade done. The other ones wouldn't have been worth it. And "stars" don't go for small deals very often unless they are in situations like Paul George. Otherwise, Kyrie Irving is a more realistic trade outline, and that deal involved what has a shot at being a top 3 pick and two really good players.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 10-21-2017 at 07:39 PM.