Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Hate on Lonzo Ball

A lot of people would go LaVar but hey.. I remember watching a reporter asking LaVar, not verbatim but something like "why do you have to do all the talking for Lonzo?" He went like, "I won't be answering if you're not asking."

Perfect example of how the media will do anything to sell.. and the end-market just can't stop patronizing. It's just sad how weak we've become -- even professional basketball players are being herded. It's amazing.

Just in:
    1.) Patrick Beverley hit Lonzo with the “You can’t see me.”
    https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...40496604815362

2.) Clippers guard Patrick Beverly screamed outside locker room, "Weak *** m****** **********. Bring him out on the court with me and i I will tear his *** up," It's presumed Beverly is talking about Lakers rookie guard Lonzo Ball.
    Marc J. Spears, The Undefeated

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/...42015014309889

Not sure if this is an overreaction but trash talking used to be great --at least it used to be somehow competitive. Nowadays it's slowly destroying the sport. Gotta remember, this isn't streetball. Somehow the comish should consider giving sanctions to these kinds of ludicrous.

I wouldn't want my kid to start mimicking a guy like Pat Beverly and ends up getting punched on the face by another kid who thinks he's Bobby Portis. Would you?
    SHOW

You guys might also want to read on--
    http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...31q954vlr8nqfo

Channing Frye on Lonzo Ball: 'It's going to be disgustingly easy to hate on him'
    In the NBA now, it seems every player wants his own podcast, and on those podcasts players give us a real look into what they're thinking.

They're less calculated and more comfortable on podcasts than they are during, say, a media interview, and they give us gold like Channing Frye did on his and Richard Jefferson's podcast Friday. He didn't pull any punches when talking about Lonzo and LaVar Ball.

“I’m going to give you the people’s opinion,” Frye said. “No matter what he does, it is going to be so easy to hate on (Lonzo) now. It’s going to be disgustingly easy to hate on him.”

Frye, Jefferson and special guest Kyrie Irving were talking about Ball on Friday, more specifically the perception LaVar Ball is creating of Lonzo and his younger brothers LaMelo and LiAngelo.

NBA players hear what LaVar says and see what he does – like sell shoes for $495 when his son has yet to play a second in the NBA – and it wears on them.

“When he starts going off and saying, ‘I could beat Michael Jordan one-on-one,’ and … he compared Lonzo to Uber and taxi, come on. Just relax a little bit," he said. "Take a step back and realize the impact that you can make, not for the moment now, but for the future. Lonzo is going to be in the NBA regardless. But at the end of the day, he still is going into another world that you can’t control.”

Lonzo will have some hurdles to clear in the NBA due to his father's proclamations. But while LaVar Ball may be hurting his son in some ways, his antics do not seem to be affecting how teams perceive Lonzo as a player.
    SHOW

Lonzo

Ok so we are one game in and we need to start talking about how trash talking against Lonzo is a culture of mental abuse and we need to change things and prevent on court micro-aggressions

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Lonzo

Ok so we are one game in and we need to start talking about how trash talking against Lonzo is a culture of mental abuse and we need to change things and prevent on court micro-aggressions
    Protect the poor baby! Hahahaha! Garbage team as predicted. Clippers might make the West Playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Lonzo

Def think the court should have a 'safe area' where players can go if they feel threatened.
    Magic0320, talent scout:

"So as 2nd overall pick [Ingram is a] bust.
    I don't see him ever....I MEAN EVER MAKING ALL STAR."

Superstar Brooklyn Nets stat-whore D'Angelo Russell:

"I wanted to play defense in L.A.," Russell said, "but I felt
    like I had to score every chance I got for us to be relevant."

Mave1002, you are soft. I loved every moment of the trash talking. This happens in every playground.

I mean this was expected tbh, idk why people thought other players would actually like Lonzo.. Where have you guys been when Lonzo ball was being compared to all time greats on a daily basis and was declared a better player than Steph curry and chosen as a lock to win rookie of the year before he even stepped foot into his first NBA game..

The hate is going to continue to poor down till he's consistently playing good. It'll take a while but I expect him to shut the critics up. He will always be that player that other players "love to play with him but hate him when he's not on your team"

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jsnake8 View Post
    Protect the poor baby! Hahahaha! Garbage team as predicted. Clippers might make the West Playoffs!
    Enjoy your Clippers.

Beverly was all in Lonzo's grill, he fouled him hard and was yappin like the little ***** he is. Lonzo, wasn't bothered, he showed maturity and class. Lavar is putting a huge bullseye on his back and really needs to step back.

I know Lonzo will be great but the kid is 19years old. It's going to take a little time for him to be the to he leader in assist in the NBA not much but some time.

If you actually watched the game last night, Lonzo made some good passes but Lakers missed a lot of open shots. We'll need better shooters and better wing play. BI needs to wake up.

Mane please!!! Ain't nobody bit mo hatin on that dude. His calling card is still to perform...period. yeah, his daddy should've shut up a long time ago.. but the fact remains LONZO BALL will have more trouble turning the corner than any of his stans want to believe.

This isn't going to be about his talent...but his ability to adjust to the level of competition in the league. Hype really gets on my nerves because folks go over the top with it. But with alllllllllll the hype created by Daddy Ball...the media...and every resident in California-- a poor man's Jason Kidd is his expected ceiling???

That's the transcendent talent that we're making all the fuss about?? A Jason Kidd knock off??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by majmarcus View Post
    Mane please!!! Ain't nobody bit mo hatin on that dude. His calling card is still to perform...period. yeah, his daddy should've shut up a long time ago.. but the fact remains LONZO BALL will have more trouble turning the corner than any of his stans want to believe.

This isn't going to be about his talent...but his ability to adjust to the level of competition in the league. Hype really gets on my nerves because folks go over the top with it. But with alllllllllll the hype created by Daddy Ball...the media...and every resident in California-- a poor man's Jason Kidd is his expected ceiling???

That's the transcendent talent that we're making all the fuss about?? A Jason Kidd knock off??

Cum again?

Its only one game. I still doubt Rocco's "transcendent" talent for now, but he does show some promise. He is going to be baptized in the NBA. However, based on his demeanor, I think he will bounce back eventually. Ingram is supposed to be Laker's next all star, but he still has a lot to grow too. Lonzo is only 19 and at the rate the top NBA players are going to test him, he will get the best training available from every top NBA player going after him day in and day out. He seems like a smart kid with high basketball IQ, so he will learn from his mistakes.

Here is a few improvements that I think Lonzo needs to work on. This has been noted before, but unless he addresses these issues, he won't reach the stardom level.

1) Change his shooting form. This will help him improve his shots and also improve his free throw percentage.
    2) Bulk up. This will allow him to handle contacts and be more intimidating
    3) Off ball movement. Beverley really pushed Lonzo around and denied him any access to the ball. He needs to move more instead of standing around when he doesn't have the ball.
    4) Defense. This is an obvious one, but I think he will improve over time. Right now his defense is atrocious.

One day Lonzo will be pushing Beverley's wheelchair around the court and feeding him oatmeal. I'm sure he will remember this day.

Look who came out the shadows. You were hiding there in SL. Lol you'll go back to hiding when Lonzo gets it going again.

I don't know where you got that Ball's expected ceiling was a poor man's Jason Kidd from. His ceiling is far from set, but it's certainly higher than a poor man's Jason Kidd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast