Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 133 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2415
  1. #1981
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    15,461
    So Joel Sherman of the New York Post posted an article about proposed trades he’d like to see, and here’s one that may just scratch your head (on our end at least):

    3 team trade: CHC/MIA/SF

    Marlins get: Christian Arroyo (SF), Seth Corry (SF), Ian Happ (CHC), Ben Zobrist (CHC)

    Giants get: Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)

    Cubs get: Johnny Cueto (SF)

    http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/

    #FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  2. #1982
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    5,874
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So Joel Sherman of the New York Post posted an article about proposed trades he’d like to see, and here’s one that may just scratch your head (on our end at least):

    3 team trade: CHC/MIA/SF

    Marlins get: Christian Arroyo (SF), Seth Corry (SF), Ian Happ (CHC), Ben Zobrist (CHC)

    Giants get: Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)

    Cubs get: Johnny Cueto (SF)

    http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/
    All the trades in that article are laughably bad. They don't even make sense.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

  3. #1983
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,345
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So Joel Sherman of the New York Post posted an article about proposed trades he’d like to see, and here’s one that may just scratch your head (on our end at least):

    3 team trade: CHC/MIA/SF

    Marlins get: Christian Arroyo (SF), Seth Corry (SF), Ian Happ (CHC), Ben Zobrist (CHC)

    Giants get: Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)

    Cubs get: Johnny Cueto (SF)

    http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/
    This is disgusting. What the ****?

  4. #1984
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    15,461
    Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    All the trades in that article are laughably bad. They don't even make sense.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Yeah I know. Posted the link so others could think the same way

  5. #1985
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    1,082
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So Joel Sherman of the New York Post posted an article about proposed trades he’d like to see, and here’s one that may just scratch your head (on our end at least):

    3 team trade: CHC/MIA/SF

    Marlins get: Christian Arroyo (SF), Seth Corry (SF), Ian Happ (CHC), Ben Zobrist (CHC)

    Giants get: Giancarlo Stanton (MIA)

    Cubs get: Johnny Cueto (SF)

    http://nypost.com/2017/11/11/trades-...ake-this-week/
    Gross.

  6. #1986
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    2,851
    Giants would say "HELL YEAH, where do we sign."

    Cubs/Marlins would say, "No, bro, just no."
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #1987
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,040
    How can a respected baseball journalist as connected as Sherman be so terribly misinformed. Holy hell those are bad

  8. #1988
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19,989
    lol oops wrong forum

    2016 PSD Cubs IGT record: 16-3 #AuthenticatesWithmyIGTs

  9. #1989
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    151
    I'm sure zobrist would waive his no trade clause for that nonsense....

  10. #1990
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,587
    Miami are rebuilding and going to trade perhaps the best hitter in all of Baseball for a package that doesn’t consist of any Top 10 prospects and Ben Zobrist? Sure. Okay.

  11. #1991
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Miami are rebuilding and going to trade perhaps the best POWER BAT in all of Baseball for a package that doesn’t consist of any Top 10 prospects and Ben Zobrist? Sure. Okay.
    FIFY.

    Stanton is probably the best power bat in the game but he isn't the best hitter and there is a difference.
    Screw sabermetics.

  12. #1992
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    san josYAY
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by JHBulls View Post
    Miami are rebuilding and going to trade perhaps the best hitter in all of Baseball for a package that doesn’t consist of any Top 10 prospects and Ben Zobrist? Sure. Okay.
    Well Ian Happ is legit, and Arroyo is worth more if he converts back to a SS from 3rd. But why are the Cubs taking Cueto for Happ.

  13. #1993
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Well Ian Happ is legit, and Arroyo is worth more if he converts back to a SS from 3rd. But why are the Cubs taking Cueto for Happ.
    With Zobrist still owed 2/28 and Cueto oweded 4/89, who wouldn't want to spend an extra 60M and give up 6 years of Ian Happ all for the rights to a guy who was borderline tolerable.

  14. #1994
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,859
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    With Zobrist still owed 2/28 and Cueto oweded 4/89, who wouldn't want to spend an extra 60M and give up 6 years of Ian Happ all for the rights to a guy who was borderline tolerable.
    Haha. Hopefully the GM meetings will spark some activity so writers don't have to make up trade ideas.

  15. #1995
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    19,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    FIFY.

    Stanton is probably the best power bat in the game but he isn't the best hitter and there is a difference.
    He was definitely a top bat this year

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •