Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 89 of 166 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2479
  1. #1321
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Chicago land
    Posts
    13,635
    Stop winning!

    I really like the Dunn/LaVine/Lauri core but we need another piece. The best way of doing that is getting that top 4 pick.

    Trade Niko and Lopez before we win our way out of a top 4 pick...Hell we might have already done that.

  2. #1322
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezee View Post
    The crazy thing is...even with trading niko, rolo, etc, this team is will win games. I'm VERY annoyed of that. As much as I loathe the idea of tanking, getting one of those top 3-4 picks would have been HUGE for this team. I really enjoy watching this team. I just wish they would lose games.
    We will lose some games if we lose Niko and Holiday. We are winning because of depth. Those 2 have been making some clutch 3's on this run. Lose them, and limit Lavine's minutes, and we will be relying on Grant, Valentine, Nwaba, Portis more. I don't see us winning these close ones as often if that's the case.

  3. #1323
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Stop winning!

    I really like the Dunn/LaVine/Lauri core but we need another piece. The best way of doing that is getting that top 4 pick.

    Trade Niko and Lopez before we win our way out of a top 4 pick...Hell we might have already done that.
    1.5 games from bottom 4. We just need to make the deals asap. Some teams have to be getting desperate for improvement. Niko, Holiday, Rolo can help playoff teams and none of them would tie teams down long term.

  4. #1324
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    42,783

  5. #1325
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    We will lose some games if we lose Niko and Holiday. We are winning because of depth. Those 2 have been making some clutch 3's on this run. Lose them, and limit Lavine's minutes, and we will be relying on Grant, Valentine, Nwaba, Portis more. I don't see us winning these close ones as often if that's the case.
    Yea I agree if we can trade at least two out of Lopez, Holiday, and Niko, we will start loosing a lot of games...and yea limit Lavineís minutes. It would be better if we traded all 3 tho. I still have hope we can be around the top 5, and then u never kno w the lottery. If we donít trade anyone f it and try n sneak in the playoffs lol.

    I really like r coach, the guys play w freedom, confidence and share the ball well. I also like how he doesnít over play guys, that use to bug me about Thibs (even tho he is/was a great coach).

  6. #1326
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    I dont even think the tank is worth while. I am still waiting for solid examples of teams having massive success after going into an intentional tank. Tanking for the sake of tanking is silly. A losing culture in the NBA is hard to change in the NBA. None of the other sports have a situation where even the draw of NY cant produce a winner. I'd rather see the team win games.

    Additionally, I get that the goal of the NBA is to win a championship and I do wish that for the Bulls. But, my goal as a human is to enjoy my life and right now, this team is a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

    That being said, the Bulls should move Niko and Robin. Not so much to tank as because they are the right moves for an organization to make, looking at the ages of your most promising players.

  7. #1327
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    If we aren't tanking, I actually think we should keep Rolo around. He's a solid veteran presence, he's not breaking the bank, and I think we could keep him around for a good price in the future. If we aren't getting Ayton, I'm cool with Rolo being my Center.

    Niko should go regardless because we don't really need him. He's just Lauri Lite, and Lauri is the 20 year old lol. Not to mention I see him getting a decent deal from someone that we sure as hell aren't paying him.

    Trading Holiday is probably the quickest way to losses for us this year. For all the **** we give him for being a chucker, he's still an athletic 2/3 that seems to always make a 3 when we need one badly. We also have no depth at the 3, which would cripple us vs. most teams in the NBA. Plenty of teams could use him, and I think he might actually have some trade value too.

  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,238
    Quote Originally Posted by The Smurf View Post
    I dont even think the tank is worth while. I am still waiting for solid examples of teams having massive success after going into an intentional tank. Tanking for the sake of tanking is silly. A losing culture in the NBA is hard to change in the NBA. None of the other sports have a situation where even the draw of NY cant produce a winner. I'd rather see the team win games.

    Additionally, I get that the goal of the NBA is to win a championship and I do wish that for the Bulls. But, my goal as a human is to enjoy my life and right now, this team is a heck of a lot of fun to watch.

    That being said, the Bulls should move Niko and Robin. Not so much to tank as because they are the right moves for an organization to make, looking at the ages of your most promising players.
    I kinda disagree here. Whether you call it tanking, rebuilding, intentionally or unintentionally, getting top picks is far more indicative of success in the NBA than it is to be middle of the pack. The Miami Heat still drafted Dwyane Wade 5th overall before they were able to get Shaq via trade, Lebron/Bosh in free agency. So drafting is a key thing to kick-start a rebuild. Here are more examples:

    Cleveland - top overall pick 2x (Lebron and Irving)
    San Antonio - when Robinson was hurt, they sucked hard and got Tim Duncan
    Orlando - first overall picks Chris Webber, Shaq, Howard and 3rd overall Penny
    Oklahoma City - Durant 2nd, Westbrook 4th, Harden 3rd


    and so forth. Now, does tanking guarantee you win a title? Of course not. But, I don't know of a single team in NBA history that hasn't won without multiple picks in the top-10. Even the Warriors had that (Curry 7th, Barnes 7th, Thompson 11th).





    Now, the question I guess you have to ask yourself - is Lauri/Lavine/Dunn a good enough trio to be the core of a championship-caliber team? Personally idk. If you add a top player overall to that group, like a Durant/Lebron/Harden/Curry/Leonard player you might be good enough to contend. Or, do you think you still need another top pick before you can start thinking of FA/trades to make yourself a contender?



  9. #1329
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    I kinda disagree here. Whether you call it tanking, rebuilding, intentionally or unintentionally, getting top picks is far more indicative of success in the NBA than it is to be middle of the pack. The Miami Heat still drafted Dwyane Wade 5th overall before they were able to get Shaq via trade, Lebron/Bosh in free agency. So drafting is a key thing to kick-start a rebuild. Here are more examples:

    Cleveland - top overall pick 2x (Lebron and Irving)
    San Antonio - when Robinson was hurt, they sucked hard and got Tim Duncan
    Orlando - first overall picks Chris Webber, Shaq, Howard and 3rd overall Penny
    Oklahoma City - Durant 2nd, Westbrook 4th, Harden 3rd


    and so forth. Now, does tanking guarantee you win a title? Of course not. But, I don't know of a single team in NBA history that hasn't won without multiple picks in the top-10. Even the Warriors had that (Curry 7th, Barnes 7th, Thompson 11th).





    Now, the question I guess you have to ask yourself - is Lauri/Lavine/Dunn a good enough trio to be the core of a championship-caliber team? Personally idk. If you add a top player overall to that group, like a Durant/Lebron/Harden/Curry/Leonard player you might be good enough to contend. Or, do you think you still need another top pick before you can start thinking of FA/trades to make yourself a contender?
    If you put Kawhi or Leonard at the 3 with this lineup in 2 years, that would absolutely be a contender IMO. We are 2 to 3 years, and 1 elite player like that away from being legit. Dunn might be the best defensive PG in the league and he's only in year 2, and year 1 of actually playing. Lavine is going to be a really good scorer and he is versatile on offense. Has the athleticism to get his shot off at any moment. Lauri is a perfect stretch. Give those 3 next year starting together, and throw someone like Durant or Kawhi in between them and it would be a match made in heaven.

    BTW I know neither of those guys are coming here, I'm just saying lol. Don't want people to start thinking I'm saying that is a possibility

  10. #1330
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    BTW I didn't say Lebron because I never want him no matter how great he is. I can't stand him.

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    23,842
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    BTW I didn't say Lebron because I never want him no matter how great he is. I can't stand him.
    A LeBron/Lauri pick and pop would be unstoppable though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    28,232
    I'll preface this by saying I hate talking like this and this team has been more fun to watch than I anticipated. That said I don't think this looks like the core of a title team. Unless Lauri becomes close to Dirk I don't think this team is a title contender with him as your best player. If this FO had the ability to get a big time FA to come here my attitude about this maybe different. I think this team needs an alpha. I want a top 4/5 pick. If this team can't get in that range you could argue the season is a failure. I fear this team repeats the 04-07 era Bulls.

  13. #1333
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Mell413 View Post
    I'll preface this by saying I hate talking like this and this team has been more fun to watch than I anticipated. That said I don't think this looks like the core of a title team. Unless Lauri becomes close to Dirk I don't think this team is a title contender with him as your best player. If this FO had the ability to get a big time FA to come here my attitude about this maybe different. I think this team needs an alpha. I want a top 4/5 pick. If this team can't get in that range you could argue the season is a failure. I fear this team repeats the 04-07 era Bulls.
    I think Lavine could be a scoring Alpha. I think he knows he can get off his shot whenever he wants. I still would like a top 5 pick to get 1 more elite piece but we have no control of that so I'll just enjoy how good our young core is playing so early in the process.

  14. #1334
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    6,645
    K Dunn Z Lavine L Markenham are the only ones i keep


    deal anyone else for pieces to add to the core


    gonna be fun to watch these guys grow

    #FreeYagyu And CSSTL

  15. #1335
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    5,166
    We could trade Niko, let Bobby flourish, and trade him when his value is up because we aren't going to want to pay him when he's ready for a new contract.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •