Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2479
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Yeah I think I was pretty clear mirotic isnít part of the future.

Iím genuinely curious who in the league now we tank until we get. What do you mean when you say an alpha guy?
    Like many stated with Butler. We were probably not winning with Butler as our best player. We needed to either trade for somebody...... Or draft somebody. Neither seemed realistic. So you try over.

I don't see a team who's best player is Lavine ever being a contender. Same with Dunn. And Mark has not shown enough to say but his attitude points to No as well.

Its kinda like the IT factor. And if they have it. And im pretty sure we lack that guy right now. But right now. I feel like the old celtics or the Hawks. Who may have good reccords but lack that star and IT factor guy.

Maybe im wrong and and Lavine has thst IT factor. But seeing how teams in the nba are structured now with star power. I put lavine closer to that #3 or #2 range. Probably close to Klay Thompson. But Klay is not the guy leading the wariors. Even Pre Durrant. Curry was that teams guy. And until we get an Alpha to our Beta. We are not going to contend. Just pretend.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 12-30-2017 at 08:01 PM.

I don't see the benefit in tanking because no pick is garuanteed to be a superstar or a star for that much. There have been so many busts in the lottery, that betting your future on it is ridiculous!
    I like the idea of keeping Niko. This keeps our bench deep. There is no log jam of bigs, Markkanen is the starter, period! You have Niko come in for Markkanen and Portis play at center and back up Lopez. If anything, we need to find a way to get rid of Felicio!
    This team is deep, when your bench can come in and contribute 30, 40 or 50 points, that is a plus.
    I don't want to hear about the Bulls being a mediocre team if we don't try and tank, because no one in here can garuantee that the Bulls will be championship contenders in 2, 3 to 4 years!
    So either way it's just wishful thinking, whether we stay with the current team or trade players for future picks.

Quote Originally Posted by kendawg73 View Post
    I don't see the benefit in tanking because no pick is garuanteed to be a superstar or a star for that much. There have been so many busts in the lottery, that betting your future on it is ridiculous!
    I like the idea of keeping Niko. This keeps our bench deep. There is no log jam of bigs, Markkanen is the starter, period! You have Niko come in for Markkanen and Portis play at center and back up Lopez. If anything, we need to find a way to get rid of Felicio!
    This team is deep, when your bench can come in and contribute 30, 40 or 50 points, that is a plus.
    I don't want to hear about the Bulls being a mediocre team if we don't try and tank, because no one in here can garuantee that the Bulls will be championship contenders in 2, 3 to 4 years!
    So either way it's just wishful thinking, whether we stay with the current team or trade players for future picks.
    No pick is guaranteed but your odds are greatly increased to find a good to great player. Because you get first choice. Not pick of the scraps. Yes there have been bust. But studs as well. And this draft by all accounts could be legendary. Trae Young looks legit as duck. Ayton is a super stud. As is Bagley. And we have not even been able to see the #1 recruit in action.

I think you don't remember the 10 or so years of Bulls averageness prior to getting Rose. When you have a shot to get stud caliber players. You dont play around winning pointless games. We did this for years. Were pretenders thst never pushed in the playoffs. And it got us nothing. I would not even call those exciting or good teams.

I mean. Imagine in 2003 if we had tanked a little harder and gotten D wade (our wamted choice) over Kirk.

Imagine in 2008 if we had not by some odd chamces won that lotery and been sitting at around the 10th pick where this team would have been instead.

Higher picks give you the chamce to chose stud before somebody else does. And its a huge deal and its far too unlikely to find stufs from the leftovers. Yes some guys get overlooked. But sometimes you despratly want a guy and just cant get him all because you won some games that in the scheme of things mean nothing. Does anyone look back and say im glad that 2002 bulls team won 5 more games than the Heat. Was it worth 5 more wins to miss out on Wade. The guy we wanted bad. And get Kirk.

Fwiw. I honestly think this may be the best draft class i have ever been able to scout.

Two bigs averaging over 20-10 (not common in college) a PG averaging 30 and 10. Jeez. A foroige player conpared to Lebron James. And A kid who was projected to be a KD like Clone. That we have yet to see.

If we miss out on that because of 10 wins. That likely won't even mean we are a playoff team. And you think its worth it to let other teams get pick or the crops Before you. And leave you with what they did not want. I know i will be pissed. And likely you will look back and sat who cares if we beat ______ team.

I mean. We are talking these chamges in comparisons and seen potential

Shaq (ayton) vs Rudy Gobert (Bomba)

Curry (Trae) vs Bledsoe ( Sexton)

Anthony Davis ( Bagley) vs Al Horford ( Carter)

Kevin Durrant (Porter) vs otto Porter (Mikal Bridges)

If your 10-15 wins is worth getting a drop in player from A+ Caliber to B your just wrong.

I mean how often do teams talk about i wish we won more games back in ______. Almost never. But consistantly people wish they had a shot at a player thst they didnt. A la is with wade.

Shaq? Foh lmaoo

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Like many stated with Butler. We were probably not winning with Butler as our best player. We needed to either trade for somebody...... Or draft somebody. Neither seemed realistic. So you try over.

I don't see a team who's best player is Lavine ever being a contender. Same with Dunn. And Mark has not shown enough to say but his attitude points to No as well.

Its kinda like the IT factor. And if they have it. And im pretty sure we lack that guy right now. But right now. I feel like the old celtics or the Hawks. Who may have good reccords but lack that star and IT factor guy.

Maybe im wrong and and Lavine has thst IT factor. But seeing how teams in the nba are structured now with star power. I put lavine closer to that #3 or #2 range. Probably close to Klay Thompson. But Klay is not the guy leading the wariors. Even Pre Durrant. Curry was that teams guy. And until we get an Alpha to our Beta. We are not going to contend. Just pretend.
    I donít think your wrong to be skeptical of this group having that guy. Iím high on lavine and always have been. Iím biased there. He still has to do it. I get that. Hell, there are basketball people that think Lauri has it. Again, bias, big men scare me.

My point is just that had we drafted this group, weíd have to agree that we got a pretty good haul(Dunnís draft sucked, but many do). Whatís to lead us to believe that over the next three drafts we will do any better? IT guys are rare, and when they are(excluding Lebron) itís a crap shoot anyway. IT guys get picked from everywhere in the draft.

Iím more of the mindset that you collect talent at every opportunity, and if you have the ability at some point to get an IT guy you do. I just donít think you get there by selling assets at any cost to lose. It leads to starting at square one over and over, and hoping to one day hit the lotto. If we pick at ten and feel like itís ayton, donic, porter or bust, then ship any of these guys after a good season to whoever has the pick we need and get them. Iím not married to them. I just donít think you get better TRYING to lose. I donít think itís good for the players over time.

Btw. Iíd be all over your Oubre deal everyday and twice on Sunday. Those are the type of guys we need to collect.
    Last edited by benny01; 12-30-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Is it unfair to say Dunn can be as good as Butler? I honestly don't think it is. Dunn came out rated higher than Jimmy. Dunn is also slightly better in his 2nd year. Jimmy worked his *** off after his 3rd season and came back a 20 ppg player in year 4. I wouldn't be surprised if Dunn is close to 20 ppg in his 3rd year.

Jimmy is a 1b or solid 2 in this NBA. On defense he is elite. I'd say Dunn looks like an elite defender. He could be at least a 2 in this NBA.

As for Lauri, the kid is 20 years old. I think it's extremely unfair to be putting a judgement on his mentality already. Guys don't even hit their physical prime until about 25/26 years old. He looks pretty damn good to me. He needs to add strength and to hit his shot more consistent. Confidence will come with age. Most rookies don't even start producing until March/April of their 1st season, and sometimes not until year 2. Let the kid grow into a man for Christ's sake. Dirk was 20 in his rookie year and didn't even play as good as Lauri.

As for Lavine, the dude averaged 20+ ppg for the 1st 2 months of last season before he got hurt. He was 21 years old. There aren't too many players as athletic as him and he could be a go to scorer for us. He shot pretty good for them with volume, and he is as good as it gets on the break and at the rim. When Klay Thompson was 22 he was averaging 16 ppg, 3 rpg, 2 apg 42% FG. Lavine at 21 was at 19, 3, 3, 46%.

Until these guys are 25 years old, and at their physical peak, trying to say what they are capable of is ridiculous. Especially when at the same age, they are out playing some guys that are or were stars in the NBA. Dunn and Lauri are basically rookies for us. Lavine was really starting to become a legit scorer before he got hurt. If Dunn and Lauri could be 18-20 ppg players, and lavine could be mid 20 ppg, then it shouldn't be hard to surround them with veterans to fill in the blanks for needs for our team.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 12-30-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Why did channel 7 keep saying Zach Lavine expected to make his debut? Windy City or actual Bulls?

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    Shaq? Foh lmaoo
    Name me the last college center to average around 20 and 12 ????? Ill wait. No he doesn't compare to shaqs play style. But there has not been a center as dominate as him since shaq.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Dunn doesnít get any fouls

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Name me the last college center to average around 20 and 12 ????? Ill wait. No he doesn't compare to shaqs play style. But there has not been a center as dominate as him since shaq.
    Lmaoo they didnít play center but Beasley averaged 26 and 12 and KD 25 and 11 . Ayton is nowhere near Shaq potential nor has anyone compared him to such calm down

My point guard