Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
    I like this team, I think they are playing really well right now. This team is very deep and most fans don't even see it. Wait till Lavine comes back and that puts Holiday on the bench. This team is deep and young, a formula to run up and down the court to tire out the opposing team! They are a fun team to watch and I laugh every time I hear somebody mention "tank". It's not gonna happen, they have a legit chance of making the playoffs this year...if they continue to play the way they have been.

As an Iowa State fan, I always get a kick out of seeing Hoiberg and Hornacek coaching against each other.

I am shocked you guys still think this core has a chance to become a championship core........ This team has 3/4 pieces that are nice for the future THAT IS IT. Niko/Holiday/Lopez/Valentine/Grant are either not good players or dont have a future here. If this was next year and they were winning with Lavine actually playing and Niko/Lopez/Grant gone I would be all for it but cheering now for wins is terrible. They are setting this franchise back YEARS by not getting a top 5 pick this year. You cant add someone to these 4 guys n expect to be great thats just not realisitic. Lauri needs 2 more years to develop and so does lavine and dunn.... They need another young franchise player to add to this core THEN you add free agents. This year has been good only that Dunn n Lauri show signs and I like both players long term. Nwaba has been nice but hes a bench guy (ceiling). This team needs to trade off guys and Tank ASAP because top 4 pick is doable if you make trades now... Winning this year does absolutely nothing long term but hurt this franchise

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    I am shocked you guys still think this core has a chance to become a championship core........ This team has 3/4 pieces that are nice for the future THAT IS IT. Niko/Holiday/Lopez/Valentine/Grant are either not good players or dont have a future here. If this was next year and they were winning with Lavine actually playing and Niko/Lopez/Grant gone I would be all for it but cheering now for wins is terrible. They are setting this franchise back YEARS by not getting a top 5 pick this year. You cant add someone to these 4 guys n expect to be great thats just not realisitic. Lauri needs 2 more years to develop and so does lavine and dunn.... They need another young franchise player to add to this core THEN you add free agents. This year has been good only that Dunn n Lauri show signs and I like both players long term. Nwaba has been nice but hes a bench guy (ceiling). This team needs to trade off guys and Tank ASAP because top 4 pick is doable if you make trades now... Winning this year does absolutely nothing long term but hurt this franchise
    I totally understand this line of thinking and think there are some valid points presented, but I don't necessarily agree with the "tank or bust" mindset. There is no guarantee that getting a top 4 pick gives us a good enough core to get into contention any more than there is a guarantee that winning now and getting a later lottery pick doesn't.

You're absolutely right that building a franchise requires you to take a long-game approach and vision, but I think there's an immense value given to all of the players who we have no proving to themselves that they can be winners by playing smart team basketball. In addition to that, it gets fans like me back involved with being a more active fan than a passive one. I have enjoyed watching the games this month more than I have in the last 2 years.

Either way, I hope it works out for us to be contending again in 3-4 years. Onward and upward!

It may be just as hard if not harder to Tank for a top 3 draft pick as it is to play for a nba championship in the current nba. So many teams are just so garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aapox View Post
    I totally understand this line of thinking and think there are some valid points presented, but I don't necessarily agree with the "tank or bust" mindset. There is no guarantee that getting a top 4 pick gives us a good enough core to get into contention any more than there is a guarantee that winning now and getting a later lottery pick doesn't.

You're absolutely right that building a franchise requires you to take a long-game approach and vision, but I think there's an immense value given to all of the players who we have no proving to themselves that they can be winners by playing smart team basketball. In addition to that, it gets fans like me back involved with being a more active fan than a passive one. I have enjoyed watching the games this month more than I have in the last 2 years.

Either way, I hope it works out for us to be contending again in 3-4 years. Onward and upward!

I agree there is no guarantee but at least take that chance. We know the ceiling on most of these role players and its not great. If we had so much talent on the roster already I would be ok with it but even a top 5 pick is all im asking for at this point. Get a porter or something along the lines to help. Picking 9th or 10th in this draft they will pick someone like Luke Kennard and just set this franchise back 2 season because this will be a complete waste. I get the fan base enjoys winning a few games but holy **** does this send the wrong message.... They know no matter what youll waste your money on a ****** product. This year was the year fans could have sent a message to the FO and Owner that we will not take this BS approach where the profits go directly to the White Sox since Reinsdorf only cares about them.... This Front Office and Ownership Group is a complete joke and among the worst in ALL OF SPORTS. They have one of the most valuable franchises in the WORLD and they dont even give a **** about winning.

All in All this season will be a waste if they get a 9/10 pick and end up with 2/3 pieces that are not stars to build around

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    It may be just as hard if not harder to Tank for a top 3 draft pick as it is to play for a nba championship in the current nba. So many teams are just so garbage.
    Yea it might be but top 5 is doable... top 3 was easily doable if this FO traded lopez n maybe holiday earlier. Bulls were 3-20 before Niko and Nwaba came back so they had top 3 spot in their reach and like bulls fashion they messed up because they literally cannot do anything right unless its by luck

First, if anybody's watched Niko the last few years, we all know he's going to come back to reality. He always has spurts of good games and then has long stretches of awful games.

Second, there is nobody on this team that would be able to contend for the future. LM, Dunn, Lavine, are good pieces, but these aren't pieces that are going to put us over the top.

Honestly, we're at the exact same spot we were 12-15 years ago with Kirk, Luol, BG. We're going to be a good team, but not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fanatic View Post
    Which is why I always thought regardless of how bad we are, we'll be making the playoffs. My thinking hasn't changed. We'll definitely be closer to the 8-10 range by the end of the year fighting for a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stunner View Post
    04 Bulls all over again
    I didn't even see you write this lol. I totally agree.

Only the Bulls...SMH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#FlyTheW
    2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_BullsChris View Post
    Oh I know right. Big men are the get in this draft. They never bust out or have foot/knee/back problems. We always get good returns out of drafting big men. I mean thereís jo.
    Whoís loving the role players? Dunn/lavine/Laurie. Thatís it.

And no. This is not a deng/Gordon/ hinrich situation. None of these guys are tweeners or overachievers. These guys are improving. With the exception of deng, those guys had maxed their potential coming into the league.
    Last edited by benny01; 12-28-2017 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I didn't even see you write this lol. I totally agree.
    Bingo my man..... This will set the bulls future back not help them. You can still develop those 3/4 guys and still lose but people dont see that. Trade the rest that are making an impact (even a tiny one) because they dont have a future here. Even if the return is small it doesnt matter tanking for a top 5 pick is a MUST

Bulls Regular Season GDT

Donít think it will set them back because three guys are more talented than the 04 . Just along the way they canít make the same mistakes in scouting because the Bulls very well could have had a ship or two along the way if certain mishaps didnít happen. Scouting regardless of draft position and do a better job of making your team attractive and you will be fine. Itís not impossible so I wish people would stop acting like it is.

Bottom line is these players are prideful and arenít concerned about tanking like ownership does. Take your outrage on them.

Bulls keep this up till Jan or even the deadline that tanking crap will be too far gone. If two of the 3 young guys from the Butler trade turn into an all star you canít be mad thatís foolish .

Even if the bulls place out of top 5 still some good prospects I think can end up impact guys
    Last edited by Stunner; 12-28-2017 at 05:02 PM.