Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chili Davis met with Giants for hitting coach position

SAN FRANCISCO – The Giants are interviewing for a position on Manager Bruce Bochy’s coaching staff before they have an official vacancy – and a prime candidate is a name that will resonate among their fans.

Chili Davis met with Giants officials on Thursday about becoming their major league hitting coach, according to a source with knowledge of the discussions. Davis, who spent the previous three years as the Boston Red Sox’s hitting instructor, also met with the San Diego Padres on Wednesday.

Giants GM Bobby Evans would neither confirm nor deny the meeting with Davis – an understandable position to take, given that the team has no official vacancies on Bochy’s coaching staff.

But it’s expected that there will be changes to the coaching staff after the Giants finished 64-98 and ended the season with baseball’s worst record for just the second time since 1902. They finished last in the majors in home runs and OPS; only the Padres scored fewer runs.
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/1...oaching-staff/

Interesting. Not so much because of Chili Davis, but that the Giants are actually considering changing something.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    Interesting. Not so much because of Chili Davis, but that the Giants are actually considering changing something.
    Because Muellens most likely getting hired to manage Boston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    Because Muellens most likely getting hired to manage Boston.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From what I've read it seems it'll be Alex Cora's job.

I Love Chili.

Chilli Davis is awesome.

I just noticed at Wikipedia that Chili Davis and Eric Davis attended the same high school.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I just noticed at Wikipedia that Chili Davis and Eric Davis attended the same high school.
    If Chili Davis left Jamaica and went to LA and joined Davis along Strawberry. Chili would have been 2 years older off the top of my head.

What do people think about bringing ol friend Dusty back as our hitting coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    What do people think about bringing ol friend Dusty back as our hitting coach?
    I just don't think Dusty would take that position. For him I am sure it's manage or tend to his vineyard.
    Baseball has been very very good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    I just don't think Dusty would take that position. For him I am sure it's manage or tend to his vineyard.
    I'd be shocked if another team gave Dusty a chance to manage again.

I hope they don't let mulens be the coach when bochy steps down.

Quote Originally Posted by giants#25 View Post
    I hope they don't let mulens be the coach when bochy steps down.
    Porque? I don't really have an opinion on the matter. Just from people to seem to say is that they're grooming him to be the next manager and that he did good job in the WBC managing the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Porque? I don't really have an opinion on the matter. Just from people to seem to say is that they're grooming him to be the next manager and that he did good job in the WBC managing the Netherlands.
    Agreed. I would give him a shot. Really not his fault Evans gave him a team that doesn't know how to hit a baseball. He's young too and I think he speaks 4 different languages? A good thing to have.

Will say I do feel bad for Wotus, seems like the dude got demoted in all of this after spending what, 20 years as a bench coach for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincecum4CY View Post
    Agreed. I would give him a shot. Really not his fault Evans gave him a team that doesn't know how to hit a baseball. He's young too and I think he speaks 4 different languages? A good thing to have.

Will say I do feel bad for Wotus, seems like the dude got demoted in all of this after spending what, 20 years as a bench coach for us?
    Five actually- English, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, and Papamiento. Good thing to have the top three languages needed in baseball.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast